5.0 out of 5 stars Esoteric Knowledge
I have been a student of Mystery Schools and esoteric knowledge for over 40 years. This book brings it all togeather in a must read. I recommend it 100%.
Published on September 5, 2007 by John R Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow going
I like the way Kala Ambrose shares her knowledge, 'consider her a sensitive and compassionate writer. But this book is, for me anyhow, very slow going. Her book on auras is more interesting and useful to me, and her book on New Orleans spooks and such is a fun read.
Published 14 months ago by APR

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Esoteric Knowledge, September 5, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Altering, May 19, 2008
Where do I start? How about, from the bottom of my heart thank you Kala! I finished this book a while ago now and it has had, and continues to have, deep and profound implications for me. I was going to write this when the positive changes started to peter out or stop but they just keep on coming. What did I learn? In short, I discovered self-love. And it is truly transformational. Without love you feel like a hungry ghost, I've been searching (and discovering) for such a long time without any, or very little, permanent change. I would discover something, that good feeling would be fleeting, or I would know the information I'm learning is truly wise, however, like a ghost it would just pass through me. Love has the most potent seed of, dare I say it, life-altering power imaginable, and it is this book that gave me the breakthrough I really needed. To those who can relate to these words I can't recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Altering Indeed, September 10, 2007
The nine lessons that Kala presents in her book are both profound and simplistic. While these lessons can take a lifetime (or many) to master, Kala presents them in such a way as to invite the reader to look deeper into themselves and the mysteries of the Universe rather than intimidating or overwhelming them. Like the peeling of the onion that she describes, this book has many layers and levels- re-reading a lesson is like finding a brand new book with new life altering information. A must have for anyone trying to find their way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything old is new "age" again., September 10, 2007
A. E. Seate (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I have read many books that are in the new age catagory. It's nice to have it explained to me in an old way that I understand. Kala can connect with you on any level to help you understand. I know this book is going to be a book I reread many times and learn something new each time. Thank you for bringing "OLD SCHOOL" back!

5.0 out of 5 stars "In that Moment of Awareness, Everything Changes" Kala page 18, July 28, 2009
9 Life Altering Lessons does exactly that. It alters your life for the better. Well you might have to go over some bumps first, but with Kala Ambrose as your guide, you will certainly achieve great results. There is so much information contained in this book transmitted in a ultra easy way. Kala touches upon many metaphysical subjects: The law of attraction, breathing, Who Am I? Why Am I Here?, creating balance, The power of emotions, creative visualization, Energy cords, and of course "Love is the Greatest power that exists, period."

I have been studying metaphysics for over twenty years. So when I picked up this book I thought it was not going to teach me anything new. That was not the case. It filled little holes/gaps in my understanding that I was not aware of and gave me alot of AH-HA moments. After reading this book I feel much more whole, complete.

Whether you are just beginning your climb to enlightenment, or are a neophyte or initiate you WILL GAIN from reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life Lessons and Mystery Schools, February 28, 2008
9 Life Lessons by Kala Ambrose

This book explains about esoteric teachings and clarifies that the teachings are available to everyone, but especially those with an open mind and heart. There are many "pearls of wisdom" as the author mentioned, throughout the book that enlighten the reader and help to reveal the mysteries of the universe. I was very curious to find out what mystery schools were and also learned that I was a Neophyte, or a student who has just become aware that they may be more than what they previously considered themselves to be. The book is a pleasure to read, with beautiful language and a deep sense of calm and peace. A favorite quote of mine: "Some call me a teacher. I like to say I do not teach, rather I help souls remember who they are."

5.0 out of 5 stars True insight, September 11, 2007
Being a big fan of the metaphysical genre I am quite a discerning reader. Lots of good info here. Heads above the last book I read on this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much to share, March 8, 2008
I was familiar with Kala as a very talented interviewer and teacher, and I have long been aware of mystery schools--though not seen it recently spoken of in popular reading. Still, when I picked up "9 Life Altering Secrets" I was rather surprised by the volume of information introduced/reintroduced in this small book.

For the neophyte, the path is aptly opened; for anyone 'long on the road', the new perspectives or reminders are equally beneficial. Kala's book is so packed with information that one must 'sit with' that it took me quite some time to savor.

One of Kala's insights that I most enjoyed, was the perspective that we are surrounded by the energies that we put forth in our thinking. If we cultivate this surrounding field with negativity, that is what we breath in--perpetuating our negative experience of the world.

"9 Life Altering Secrets" has many more gifts to offer.

I am thankful to Kala for bringing these schools of spiritual introspection back to the forefront...and for sharing from her own learning and insight.

CG Walters author of Sacred Vow

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn but maintain core values., December 21, 2007
Before reading this book, I had never read anything about mystery schools. I had briefly heard of them but this book really takes away the mystery to clearly explain mystery schools and their purpose. I really liked that the teachers at these schools ask that you not change your beliefs, just expand on them and be open to all that is taught. This book is perfect for someone who is curious about mystery schools and wants a clear, concise description of their teachings.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Short but Great Introduction, November 16, 2010
This is one of the best books I've read for introducing people to the great spiritual teachings of the mystery schools. The book is short, but covers a lot. The author's use of quotes from Carl Jung, Tielhard de Chardan and others helps give the book meaning. This book provides much to think about and will be an eye opener to those seekers who are finding themselfs dissatisfied with traditional religion and are looking for something more.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›