Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Life As I Blow It: Tales of Love, Life & Sex . . . Not Necessarily in That Order
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on April 3, 2013
I have to preface this review by saying Sarah is one of my favorite round table regulars on Chelsea Lately. I think I went in reading this book expecting too much. It has its funny moments, but for the most part it's dry humor with an almost depressing quality. If she writes another book I doubt I'll buy it.
on January 14, 2016
This book was fine, probably more interesting at the beginning than the end. It wasn't written very well though, so it became harder and harder to enjoy. Would recommend it if you have nothing better to read.
on November 30, 2012
I was really looking forward to this book because I have loved all the Chelsea Handler books, but it was kind of bleh. I really had to push myself to finish it, because I hate not finishing books, and that's never a good sign.
on March 26, 2012
This book had some funny parts - I did laugh out loud sometimes, quick read, not all that interesting..I like her better on the show 'After Lately' I think she is so funny. I will probably re-sell this book.
on May 30, 2012
If you've ready any of Chelsea Handler's books you've read this one. It seemed exactly like all of the Chelsea Handler books I've read. If you haven't read any Chelsea books you'll get a kick out of this one.
on August 13, 2014
The book was entertaining enough, but the chronological order for some of the chapters is out of place. Colonna will focus on one topic and then veer off into a different direction. This book is definitely a good beach read, but there's nothing life altering that you will take away from it.
on September 16, 2013
while i do believe that Sara is a funny girl i just expected maybe a little bit more from this book. it was full of relatable stories, but it was neither as funny nor as exciting as i had imagined it.
on March 28, 2013
This is a pretty good book written by a pretty hot mess. I love the life stories and think she has a lot of balls to be able to write a book and let the whole world read. Very fast read....and entertaining. I give it 3 stars! Can't wait for the next one.
on May 26, 2012
This book would have been much more entertaining had I not read anything by Chelsea Handler yet.
It seems that this was an attemp to recreate My Horizontal Life - without the humor.
I wish Sarah all the best though and appreciate her sharing herself, literally and figuratively!
I have to admit, I did LOL a few times, for that I think I'll give it another star.
on January 24, 2014
I was disappointed with this book.

The beginning is poorly written and not well organised, jumping back and forth through time and giving brief anecdotes without any attempt to actually make the reader care. The book is better once it reaches her adulthood but it did not make me laugh out loud at all.

Before reading this I read Chelsea Handler's book "Horizontal Life" which I found to be one of the funniest books I've ever read. This perhaps lead me to expect too much from this book. I'm sure it has the potential to be funny if Colonna were a better writer or if she had spent more time on the book.

I think she would benefit from taking a writing class and learning to show rather than tell.

She may be funny at stand up but writing is certainly not her forté. Her being employed as a "writer" has surely more to do with her 12 year + friendship with Handler than her own ability.