5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic gift for a mother with small children
Published 14 months ago by X-Diplo

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Special
I returned the Book. I did not see anything special nor New on it. You can find information on the last pages on how to buy prints of the photographs in the National Geographic's website, but when I visited the website. None of the pictures that I liked were available. The book I found it a little boring and uninspiring.
Published 18 months ago by Living in Color

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic gift for a mother with small children, April 23, 2013
X-Diplo (Tucson, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
I bought two of these for my nieces, each of which has two small children. I thought it would be a nice way for Mom to help the kiddies learn about color, and about the world around. It worked, both of them loved it and so did their kids. The photographs in this book are superlative, making it a great family coffee table book as well. A photographer (which I am) could learn a lot about using color from these photos. A winner in every way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life in Color, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
Beautiful pictures. I don't usually buy books like this, but the pictures were so stunning, I just had to own it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing photos, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
Ordered this book for my boyfriend. He absolutely loved it. The photos were amazing as expected. Some description and story behind them but it is all brief.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
Outstanding collection of photograph that I wish I would have taken. Beautifully printed but unfortunately the middle of the book gets in the way on some of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful BEautiful PHOTOS, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
This is a gorgeous book full of a variety of photos rich colors. It is printed in Italy ( not China). If you enjoy photography, I highly recommend this book. It is not small so it's a feast for the eyes.
I took off one point because I feel there should have been info on the type of camera used, the lens & if photoshop was used. For those of us beginners in photography, it would help to learn as we are oooing and aaahing over the photos.
I still would recommend this book highly for the quality of paper and the sharpness of color. It's one of the best book that National Geographic has and IS NOT PRINTED IN CHINA.
the Italian printers have done a nice job.
Buy it for the lovely photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Resource/Experience, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
This treasure is just lovely for anyone to have as a resource or just to page through for the simple enjoyment of color in nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars just gorgeous, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
oh this book is great! it is stunning and such vivid colors and pics! this book is also big and heavy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
Our son-in-law loved it! A beautiful book that he will have for years to come. We all spent hours looking at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection, December 8, 2013
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
This was a great collection of photos. I am an amateur photographer and love to look and learn from the pros. Some of the greatest photographers are from National Geographic so this is a wonderful collection for the photo enthusiast and casual observer alike.

2.0 out of 5 stars Format doesn't do justice to images--not recommended., October 19, 2013
This review is from: Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs (Hardcover)
Should have paid attention to a reviewer who was dissatisfied because the photos extend through the binding, so they're "broken." Better to have slightly smaller images that are complete on 1 page. Thought I'd be riveted, but I'm disappointed. Wouldn't have bought it if I'd leafed through it in a store. If you want to find a gift for a photographer, or a "coffee table book" for passing the time, keep looking.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs
Life in Color: National Geographic Photographs by Susan Hitchcock (Hardcover - October 2, 2012)
$40.00 $27.79