Automotive Deals HPCC Learn more Amazon Fashion Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on June 17, 2009
I have first edition of the book, which a have bought almost a year ago.

First part (mine edition has cca 30 pages, the new one has 24 more) of the book - Introduction - describes the evolution of mankind's approach to life energy from the ancient times of paleolith, rise of agriculture, entry of great world religions, to the Alchymism, Era of Enlightenment and the scientific theories of 20th century. Pity is that the introduction is brief, since there is lot of information mentioned, but on the other hand it is an introduction.

The second part of the book is Encyclopedia with entries from A to Z.

After reading it, I have to say, that the book is perfect introduction, when you are willing to study the life energy theories in depth - it has a lot of hints and pointers. What I would like to see in its second edition, is some more information from the non-writing cultures, such as Native Americans, Oceania etc. - if there are any, of course. What may also help is bibliography part, which was not attached in my edition.

The book does not cover exhaustively the subject, but opens horizons. But what is the best way to study life force, a book or the life?
on March 12, 2014
I have been, for quite some time, seeking just this information. I was pleased to find this book and although I am not finished reading it I have found it to be informative, if brief. The book, I don't think, was intenced to be a complete work on the subject, but rather sort of a beginners guide to get a person an idea of what sorts of things to look for with regard to the topic of this form of energy. I like the inclusion of other things related to the energies as well as things that have been described as such but are not related to it at all. I think this will be a considerable resource I will return to many times during my current pet project.
on August 3, 2012
I found this book put together very nicely. I did not have to go to five different places to find information
on March 5, 2015
Excellent!
on April 15, 2009
Although this book has the word encyclopedia in it's title, I expected more than the A to Z it gave.

For those interested in this subject, _all_ of it's content can very easily be found in Wikipedia (and without spending a dime!).

I expected more from it and more from a teacher of Aikido. Not worth buying.