Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Life God Rewards: Why Everything You Do Today Matters Forever
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 19, 2002
Bruce hits it hard with this book about the little things we do or don't do every day...at the office, at home, on the road. Does God really see the small things we do? If we believe he only cares about our final decisions concerning eternity (you know, "Smoking or Non?"), we're wrong! A Life God Rewards explains some of the easily missed verses in the Bible about how we'll be rewarded in Heaven for each thing we do on earth. And how the opposite is true as well. Is Heaven going to be the same for me as for Mother Teresa? Not on your life! (I better start looking for elderly ladies who need help crossing the street...) Excellent book, meaty teaching, and if you think there's a God watching over us, as I do, this will affect your daily life!
on May 30, 2003
I was very pleased to see Wilkinson address the topic of rewards from God. One of my Sunday School teachers asked me for a book on this very topic just before this book was published. At that time, I could find nothing on God's rewards for Christian service. Now, Wilkinson has given us his take on the topic.
To be honest, I wasn't grabbed by this book in the opening pages like I had been with the previous two in this series. However, from about page 30 on I really wanted to keep going.
The book is not, as some have suggested in other reviews, a claim that salvation is by works. Wilkinson makes very clear in this book that faith determines your eternal destination, works determines what you do once you get there. So many people think we'll just throw our crowns at Jesus' feet and then all be equal in heaven. Wilkinson shows this is not even close to what the Bible teaches.
He deals well with the passages that speak of rewards in heaven for our works on earth. I had never heard anyone discuss the possibility of suffering loss in heaven based on one's works. He explains the idea well and defends it ably, though the reader is not told what suffering loss in heaven is like.
The very best part of the book comes between pages 60-70. Every Christian should read those ten pages if they read nothing else this year. The whole point is that we are judged based on how we did compared to how we could have done. The section is excellent!
While this little book does not cover everything I wish it covered (nor does it say everything I wish it said), I am very thankful that Wilkinson has brought this topic back to the forefront. I hope several more authors will follow his lead on expounding this topic for us. I encourage you to read this book.
on May 13, 2005
I think this book addresses the subject very well. Wilkinson covers it as thoroughly as possible while staying within the boundaries of the Bible. It is very direct to the point, which is my favorite part, since all I'd heard about rewards had been wishy-washy like good intentions, good works, good faith etc. This book totally changed my thinking about what it is that God actually rewards. This book has made it so crystal clear to me the distinction between works and faith that I realized I'd never used the first key - accepting Christ as my Savior and Lord. This book changed me from years of "pretending" to be a Christian to becoming an actual follower of Jesus. Everyone has a choice to either accept Christ or continue relying on themselves. Do you know how many people in our life are still confused about this subject of works vs. faith, just like I was?! Thanks to this book, I was able to use Wilkinson's explanation to help some friends understand.

If you didn't like this book, it's probably because you expected it to fulfill YOU, but I think it can be a great tool to reach to the minds of our not-yet-Christian friends for God's glory.
A Life God Rewards explains a simple concept---God really is planning to reward His children for their good works. Although many Christians, including me, feel somewhat apprehensive about thinking that there are consequences in heaven for what we do or not do here, this should be good news---it should fill us with anticipation, vision, & perseverance: "Live with an unshakable certainty that everything I do today matters forever." In the end he faces the reader with 2 questions: What treasure has God given me? What is God asking me to do with my treasure?---and challenges you to search for the answer.
on December 4, 2003
I remember when I first learned that good works would not get me into heaven -- that the only way to heaven was accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Immediately a question popped into my head. If accepting Jesus is the only way into heaven, and I have that taken care of, why not just coast for the rest of my life? After all, if good works won't get me into heaven, then how important could they really be? This book has the answer -- very!
Backing everything up with scripture and quotes from the likes of Martin Luther, John Wesley, John Calvin, C.S. Lewis, Charles Swindoll, Charles Stanley and Billy Graham, Wilkinson explains that our behavior doesn't determine where we will spend eternity, but it definitely determines how we will spend eternity. He assembles a solid case to show that our eternal reward is determined by how well we manage our lives.
Would you approach life differently if you knew that everything you did ultimately mattered? Would you live a richer life as a result? Would you be a blessing to more people? If you are looking to live a life worthy of reward, pick up this book and get excited about the possibilities. Life will take on a whole new meaning.
Larry Hehn, author of Get the Prize: Nine Keys for a Life of Victory
on October 8, 2002
I agree with the other reader who said that this book has really helped put some perspective on this important issue. It's shown me how God's Grace extends beyond who we are to what we do. I've also come to understand an important aspect of the character of God. God as a perfect parent. A Life God Rewards has also given me a fresh perspective of how I relate to my own kids and pour righteousness and grace into their lives. It's really given me an accurate sense of how I should respond to God in the day to day.
on September 24, 2002
I just finished reading it last night and it gives me an new perspective of my after life. I knew I was assured heaven if I believed that Jesus was the Son and that He died for me, but I was unaware that there were rewards in heaven for what I am doing on earth right now. I know that God is gracious and merciful so I want to reflect that in my life as I go along. Now I see that these things will count for eternity. I no longer need to be concerned with recognition here. It is far better to be recognized by my heavenly Father. This book is so encouraging for now and future. I don't ever have to look back. A truly life-changing book! I highly recommend it.
on July 5, 2003
This book just focuses on what Jesus focused on....Eternity. We are not living for this world but for the next. A Life God Rewards helps you understand that Jesus so often spoke of not only what to do but why you should do it.
Rewards are not the only reason, but they are a completely valid reason to live for Christ. As a matter of fact, Christ commands us to Store Up Treasures in Heaven, so that Rust and Moths will not destroy.
Why do so many Christians have a problem with Jesus saying this? Why do they take shots at Bruce Wilkinson for repeating it and getting us to think more about Christ and Eternity? Not sure. But, I did read one negative review that said Bruce should follow in the footsteps of Mother Theresa and move to Asia or India....well FYI, he is working to save Africa, feed Africa and help rid the nation of Aids..all for Christ's Glory. I would be very careful in judging this man of God. For as A Life God Rewards points out, one day, we will all give account.
on September 23, 2013
Everything we do or say comes from our heart and exposes to the world who we really belong to, the enemy or God. When we draw our last breath that's it. There is no going back to correct what we did wrong. The time to correct through repentance is at that 'TODAY' and moment in time. This book covers the truth of the matter in no uncertain terms. A book for all people to read and then to take an account of which direction they are headed, Smoking or Non-Smoking. It has been a big eye opener for me personally.
on September 15, 2012
People in these negative comments are so annoying sometimes, they are too quick to criticize and they read too much into everything. Of course we're supposed to serve GOD out of Love and help others out of Love, but it also said in Hebrews we must believe that GOD is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him. Jesus spoke of rewards, and the bible also says that GOD wants us to have all of our rewards, so it's not like GOD is going to sneer at us for doing good things and racking up rewards. We are saved by grace and because of that GOD wants us to go out and help others as he has helped us, and Jesus told us we would be given it all back at the resurrection. People try to make a big deal out of it saying we shouldn't help just for presents, that's true and that's why GOD judges our heart; he knows if we helped reluctantly or not, we're supposed to be cheerful givers. People in these comments need to stop being so critical, this book is a good helpful reminder that we're supposed to not care about stuff and tangible "rewards" here on earth and instead part with those things because we'll have something better eventually anyway. This is a great book. It changes the way you think and reminds us of our mission here on earth. We obey the law of Christ when we offer a helping hand to others and GOD would never allow for us to not be rewarded for that. That's just a fact that Wilkinson was stating. I liked this book very much and look forward to reading it again.