4.0 out of 5 stars IS THAT A BABY ON YOUR BACK?
Published on August 25, 2012 by The Movie Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so
It had a few funny parts, but overall I wouldn't say this was superb or anything.
Published 6 months ago by Jonathon Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars IS THAT A BABY ON YOUR BACK?, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Life Happens (DVD)
We are making our way through the gauntlet. We have gone from funny pregnant teenager to funny new born mom. Kim (Krysten Ritter) and Deena (Kate Bosworth) are liberated college women. The next thing we know Kim has a son Max. The pair share a house with Laura (Rachel Bilson) who is proud of her virginity, but accepts jobs that pay well which make you question it. She was a great character for what little time she was on the screen.

Marc (Rhys Coiro) the father of the child is also a surfer which allows him to leave the picture. The film works on the theme that having a baby is a "buzz kill." It is worse than the plague. In an early scene they drove the point home so much, it managed to bring the film down to where I didn't think it could recover to be a comedy again. Kristen Johnston plays Kim's flaky boss who is far from understanding.

When Kim meets Nicholas (Geoff Stults) they have an attraction for each other. Kim lies to Nicholas about the baby, claiming it is Deena's, which later resulted in a funny barbed filled double date, the comedy highlight of the film. The plot is predictable and I don't think it would have worked any other way.

Krysten Ritter looked exceedingly pale in this film, as a new born mom, i.e. a mom that just dropped the kid an hour ago. She kept that look for much of the film, perhaps to drive home the point. Justin Kirk plays an educated perv friend of Nicholas. He had a funny character that should have been used more. The film has some laughs and is a worth while date night rental.

Parental Guide: F-bomb, sex? no nudity.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very very funny movie that is a lot like an Apatow movie. A little chick-flicky but men will like too. I did. I say B+, August 23, 2012
Tony Heck (Belgrade, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life Happens (DVD)
"Nobody tells you it's gonna be so hard...Yes they do Kim, that's pretty much all people say." Kim (Ritter) and Deena (Bosworth) are best friends. They do everything together. One night when both bring home a guy they discover a problem. One year later they are still best friends but now Kim has a baby. Trying to balance work, friends and her love life all around being a single mother turns out to be harder then she expects. This is a very funny movie that is almost done like an Apatow movie. The dialog is very witty and hilarious and keeps you laughing throughout. The beginning of the movie made me feel (as a parent) a little annoyed at Kim. It felt like she considered the baby a burden and that she didn't really want him. Her feelings did change but that part did bug me a little. Other then that and the movie being a little predictable this was very very funny and I recommend this. You will not be disappointed. I do have to say that this is more on the "chick-flick" side of comedies this will appeal to both men and women. I laughed all the way through. Overall, if you like the Apatow movies you will like this one too. I give it a B+.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Movie, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Life Happens (DVD)
I liked this movie. Its not earth shattering or mind altering but it has great perspective about expectations, ambition and preconcivied ideas. worth a look.

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, July 14, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, July 9, 2014
This review is from: Life Happens [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It's one of my favorite movies! It's a nice story, funny and they aren't clichés as in the traditional chick flicks. Don't miss this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars quality great,customer service good,fast shipping.i would buy from them agian, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Life Happens (DVD)
this was a cute family home movie,alot of real life drama when your young having a baby with really little or no help.i enjoyed the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Happens, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Life Happens (DVD)
Ok this move was a great movie, I am so glad I have it in my Collection! As I could not imagine it without it!

3.0 out of 5 stars life happens, May 12, 2013
This was a delight to watch! I enjoyed this with several of my friends! We laughed and cried and it got us to talk about our early days of mother hood! Chick flick for sure!

3.0 out of 5 stars I like movies, February 2, 2013
As someone who likes all kinds of movies, I thought that this selection would be a worthwhile watch. It was pretty good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ending Missed the Point, November 24, 2012
Considering this movies plot was based on the main character taking responsibility for herself I felt the ending was predictable and wrapped in a nice hollywood bow.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Life Happens [Blu-ray]
Life Happens [Blu-ray] by Kat Coiro (Blu-ray - 2012)
$14.98 $8.99