4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful.
When I decided to make a career change, I didn't have the luxury of taking a lot of courses and time to study. I needed to jump right in and start working as an assistant. I couldn't without my Group 1 license. I finished the book in one week, practiced the tests on the CD and passed the exam the first time.

The book is an easy read, although there are a...
Published on January 6, 2008 by K. Feldman

3.0 out of 5 stars Exam Cram and Texas Test
Published on August 17, 2008 by Patrick Cass

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful., January 6, 2008
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)

The book is an easy read, although there are a couple of technical areas which could use a little more depth. The chapter tests help point out areas to review and the CD was a big help going back over the entire book.

All in all, it was worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, August 21, 2006
Robert E. Rodarte "Licensed broker" (San Jose, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
In regard to "Exam Cram, Life and Health" I would recommend this book to my adult children if they want to pass the California exam. In addition to being a great test preparation book, I was able to get my computer to read the book to me, by using Adobe and Microsoft text-to-speech programming, which is free to the general public. This book was much better than the text provided by the school. It even includes information needed to open my own business.

Good luck, Bob.

4.0 out of 5 stars It did what it was supposed to, January 5, 2007
L. Murphy (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
It coverd the same stuff as my course material, but in some cases it was easier to understand and it had additional test questions included to help me study. I passed the test the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Supplemental to Course Instruction, December 28, 2008
Ari Rubin "mac_maven" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
Exam Cram's Life and Health insurance license exam book is an excellent supplemental learning tool that I used as a companion text along with the course I took to prepare for the California exam. I went through a popular online course as an alternative to class room instruction, and since the text for the course was completely online I wanted to have a hard copy text to study as well. This book seemed like the best choice.

I got the book a couple of days before my test date, and before going through it I wasn't as confident. However, the book is structured well, written clearly, and written to emphasize the most important facts needed to pass the exam, instead of minutiae. By the day of the test I still was a little concerned due to the volume of information covered but much more confident than I had been before getting the book. The test was moderately difficult, but I was among the first to finish. I think I may have finished before any of the other Life and Health exam takers, and I did indeed pass (I have been told that many people don't pass on their first try with that exam). I'm not entirely sure I would have been successful without the book; I know for a fact that I wouldn't have finished as quickly without it. Some have criticized this book for not having state specific information in it, but I don't find that criticism to be all that valid. The information presented in the book may not have been written specifically for California, but the content was almost identical to the content of my California-specific online course. Additionally, very few of the questions on the exam were specific to California anyway. I highly recommend this book based on personal experience. I have also purchased the Property and Casualty Exam Cram book but have yet to take that exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars exam cram life and health book, February 15, 2008
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
great format and actually interesting to read. This subject cant be broken down and organized any better. Each topic explained well, and given quick examples, which makes it much easier to understand. Short exams after each chapter, which helps reinforce your learning. CD included to practice like the actual exam - what else could you want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get a feel of the industry!, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
I have several different resources I'm using to study for my life insurance test and what I was looking for was a book that could give me a feel for the insurance business as a producer and one who really likes helping people. This book does that and more and makes you understand what a great field this is and how you can make peoples lives better by providing this service. You have to go for it and this book can help you for sure. Great book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exam Cram, October 24, 2009
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
This book had a lot of useful information really more than I need to pass my exam. I did like the feature to be able to practice quizzes to test my knowledge and I still refer to this book from time to time. I won't say that it helped passed my exam

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource for my Agents, September 30, 2009
L. Gray (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
I've used this and lend it to budding Life and Health Insurance Agents. It has helped many of my agents pass the test, and It's about as good a book & CD resource for the Life and Health License Exam as one can get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Exam Cram and Texas Test, August 17, 2008
This review is from: Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram (Paperback)
While the book was not specific to the Texas Insurance exam, it did provide enough background to enable me to pass the Texas exam the first time. If you are new to the insurance industry, you should supplement this text with specific information on your state exam. Since I had previously held an insurance license this was a great review and covered some of the new areas. First timers should probably supplement this with an online course of study approved by their state. The exam, administered in Texas by Prometric services, has some questions that the book did not seem to cover in quite the same way. Study the sample questions and answer rationale carefully. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! Thanks!, December 5, 2013
This is a great cram for your test. It helped me pass mine! I do have to say that this isn't State Specific, so make sure that you're also pulling your state specific laws from the Department of Insurance website in your state.

Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram
Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram by Bisys Educational Services (Paperback - December 13, 2004)
$49.99 $33.98