1,011 of 1,075 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars You thought he'd remember nothing? Well, he remembers all of it. 'Life' is absolutely fascinating.
Keith Richards. Right, he's the Rolling Stone you notice when Mick Jagger's not shaking and singing. The one who kicked his heroin addiction by having all his blood transfused in Switzerland. Who was --- for ten years in a row --- chosen by a music magazine as the rocker "most likely to die." Whose solution to spilling a bit of his father's ashes was to grab a straw and...
Published on October 26, 2010 by Jesse Kornbluth

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars ... 3 stars ... 2 stars
The first third of the book is absolutely fantastic. Keith Richards chronicles his childhood and the formation of the band with lots of personality and charm. Highly recommended. I really couldn't put the book down.

The book loses steam in the middle third -- the drugged-out 70s. I wish a little more time was spent talking about the music. When he *does* write...
Published on November 5, 2010 by Tom Mott

‹ Previous | 126 27 28100 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Keith's life, Rolling Stones and Rock and Roll history all in one, March 7, 2014
Keith's life, Rolling Stones and Rock and Roll history all in one. Great reading for Rolling Stones fans, who want to know what and how it happened in those crazy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Life (Hardcover)
Enlightening, Keith is the true heart of the music of the stones. Great price! I,m throught! The end!!!!two woerdsone onep

5.0 out of 5 stars Lile, March 6, 2014
Jeffrey J. Wanca (Elizabeth, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life (Paperback)
A very good book but long book....it keeps your interest and keeps you turning the pages. Even people who are not Rolling Stones fans will be interested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chronicle of music history and a lot of wasted life, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Life (Paperback)
It is a great chronicle of the period of music from the Rolling Stones and there is a lot of just very wasted and useless life here that is honestly and unapologetically told.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sordid Truth, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Life (Kindle Edition)
Keith Richards certainly does seem to "remember everything." It's a wonder, considering the years of "substance" use. However, he comes across as honest and forthright about his life, and the early history of the Stones. Candid insights from a unique person. Heck, the reader even gets to feel that, protected within that tough, worn, leathered exterior, beats the heart of a boy who is, perhaps, as amazed at the way his life has unfolded as the reader is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Rolling Stones Fan, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Life (Paperback)
But I loved this book. Now I'm a Keith Fan. I am a child of the 60's and I was always a Beatles lover. Never into the Stones, although I liked a few of their songs. After reading this book, I have listened again, and I love the music, and especially Keith Richards. Buy this book if you don't like them, I think you will change your mind about Rock and Roll, especially Keith Richards. I don't care he did drugs, and he tells you like it was back then. Although, cleaned up a little ( I'm sure ) for this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Life (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book. Some parts read a little rough around the edges but hey it's Keith Richards after all. He doesn't seem the type to try and sugarcoat things. The Stones have always been my favorite band and Keith something of a mystery to me. I appreciate him even more after reading this book. He's very intelligent, very dedicated to music, and he also seems to be a pretty good guy. Who would have guessed! Outside of referring to women as " bitches" ( I'll forgive him for that one!) he is also respectful to the women in his life and to women in general. Never judge a book by it's cover I guess. He talks about his life in a very honest and open manner. His sense of humor shows through as well. It's not only a book about music, it's a book about the Sixties, racial discrimination, politics, drugs, complicated relationships and so much more. Highly recommended to anyone who loves the blues and/or rock 'n roll and a must read for Stones fans. He does go into great detail when talking about the music, how to do what with this or that guitar, etc. As someone who doesn't play a musical instrument much less a guitar some of the details he shares were pretty much meaningless to me so these parts of his story weren't that interesting to me personally but if you're a musician and able to understand the " lingo" it will no doubt make you like the book even more. The Rolling Stones have been playing since the year I was born in the early sixties. What a band and what a story. It will truly be a sad day when they are no longer around. They define what it means to be music legends and icons. There will never be another band like them and I think Keith for sharing stories of his life with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Life (Hardcover)
This is the story and history of Rock and Roll. It was a page turner. I had it read in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth transaction!, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Life (Hardcover)
This is just what I was looking for. The transaction went very smoothly. Product was in perfect shape. Thanks for making it so easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keith tells all., February 21, 2014
This review is from: Life (Kindle Edition)
I never paid too much attention to Keith. I did laugh at the jokes about his longevity despite his rough treatment of his body.

He tells vivid stories about his experiences that are hard to believe because they are such great stories. Keith was there. And it's amazing he survived.

As a musical person, I very much appreciate his generosity of sharing how he plays those licks, how he tunes his guitar and how he's gotten the inspiration for all of the Rolling Stones songs we know.

I was surprised about how engaged I became in the book. I enjoy musical biographies and autobiographies, so I figured I'd just like the book for its rock history. But I like how Keith thinks, I value the loyalty he has to his family and friends, and I love Keith Richards. This book, in its unvarnished truth, made Keith Richards my friend.

‹ Previous | 126 27 28100 | Next ›

Life
Life by Keith Richards (Hardcover - October 26, 2010)
$29.99