Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 20, 2007
I purchased this book because I was doing a Bible study on James with a friend. I have enjoyed reading Lucado's other books. They are often thought provoking and challenging. However, I did not find this book to be of the same caliber. It is extremely basic and doesn't have much meat. In my opinion this would be good as an introduction for a very new Christian, but for any other believer, it falls short of getting to the heart of what James wrote. So, if you want something very (I mean very) basic, then this is for you. If you want to dig deeper (I don't mean into the Greek) to get some meat (and get off the milk), then try something else.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2000
This is a great bible study series for a small group. I led it for a group ranging from 10-15 people. Each Sunday we took a lesson a discovered the "life lesson" that the book of James holds for us. After reading it and going over the questions in each session, you can't help but make changes in your life, or see the possiblity for change and growth.
on August 27, 2011
I agree with the other reviewer that this book is weak for the purpose of leading a small group or Sunday School class. The study questions do not dig deeply into the scripture passages.
on October 6, 2014
Definitely a lighter version of James and great for family discussion of the book (appropriate for kids 12 and older) and/or a short-on-time group study. There really isn't enough material to get through a 2 hour bible study, but if you were to do this during a breakfast meeting or coffee shop study - it is perfect. I went through this with my teenagers (it was too mature for a 10 year old) and we had a great discussion.
on October 3, 2005
We are using this as a study book for our small group and loving it. It is easy to read, thoughtfully written and perfect for our small group.
on July 10, 2012
Max Lucado is always excellent. This study of the book of James is as good as it gets, we used the book for an adult men's study group and it was well received. I recommend it for anyone interested in the study of James and how it corresponds to living our lives every day in the times in which we find ourselves.
on January 27, 2012
I downloaded the kindle version of this and I couldn't be more pleased. I loved how fast it was to download the product and I have enjoyed reading through it for devotions. This is an excellent buy.
on September 18, 2013
For me I wanted more Bible study and much less what I felt about the passage.For a small group that only wanted to relate to their life it's ok but it just didn't have the word meanings and more of a commentary on the book of James.
on May 28, 2013
Our bible study worked through the book of James and the questions provided lead to great discussion. Would recommend any Max Lucado book.
on May 13, 2013
First and foremost, I am a fan of Max Lucado fan. So I know that any literature by him is going to be great. I had the opportunity to lead a small group Bible study this past spring and I chose this particular study because of its topics throughout the 12 weeks. The book of James is a great chapter for me because its basis is all about how we should live out our lives. The people in our study really liked how Max connected the verses of James to real life situations and they thought his questions each week were very thought provoking and great for discussions. This book did not disappoint. In fact, they would like a new series from Max next fall. I recommend this series to all.