Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on June 1, 2013
I bought this kit for my son and it works fine. The log car was a bit fragile and broke, but they replaced it for free. The engine runs well and the track is easy to assemble. I've used it quite a bit and don't really have any problems with it falling off the track, so I don't know what the other reviews are talking about. There's a re-rail track piece that puts everything back on track if it comes off and it works just fine. It's not the weight of the old 1970's cars I used to have, but it's a nice set for my 8yo.
on May 22, 2014
I bought this set for my brother. & I was not disapointed! This train set was great! The engine was highly detailed as was the fraight cars. we are very happy with this set. for those of you who gave a bad review review, if all els fails. read the instructions
on August 13, 2014
this is running on a train layout in my store it shows my customers what they can do with a train besides under a Christmas tree at holiday time,
on February 9, 2013
Good starter set. The engine runs well. However the cars come off the track because they are so light. The stockade is a nice accessory.
on May 6, 2015
I relive my childhood with this train set (it's exactly the same one I had when I was a kid). I absolutely love the Homestead Express. Definitely recommend for anyone with a passion for trains.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
Compared to the HO trains my kids enjoyed in the late 70's, this train is very fragile. When it arrived, the electric mechanism fell out from under the engine and I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to secure it. Once I had this resolved, it does look good when it runs around the tracks. It is a great replica of a diesel train. Adults would need to supervise children who want to play with it.
on December 13, 2012
Design of the tracks, couples between cars indicate lots of intelligent thought behind this product but built quality is terrible. You touch it and it brakes.
Definitely not a toy for kids.
on December 14, 2014
engine and cars seem to derail a lot
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2012
I ordered this train for myself to put around the Christmas tree, and thought I might start creating a model train layout. But it is so cheaply made, the cars are such cheap plastic and the track broke the first time I tried to pull two pieces apart (the way the instructions told me to)! I am very disappointed! I expected it to be like my brother's old Tyco, but the quality is definitely not there! The engine is okay, and runs nice, but I really expected more from something that was originally priced at $150.00. I paid too much at 1/3 the cost! Next time I will pay a lot more and get the real deal!Life Like HO Scale Homestead Express Train Set
on December 26, 2012
I put this together and the the back of the train wouldn't stay on the track. It broke in several places and when I put it back in the box it broke in some more. It should of been on the market to buy. Very cheap. Im going to return it.