5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter set
Published on July 14, 2011 by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Train is of poor quality and design.
Published on January 25, 2012 by Bammers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter set, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Life-Like Trains HO Scale Rail Charger Diesel Freight Electric Train Set (Toy)
I bought this as a add on to get a new loco and some more track. This set uses standard trick with some extra plastic catches that hold it together better than standard track. The cars use the old horn hook standard connectors. Which was great for me since I can use all my cars from the 60s and others from the 80s with it to create a great set. No where in the details did it say this I was really expecting the newer magnetic connectors based on the photos.
I already had standard track so this works great for me . However anyone starting a new set might want the newer trpe of snap lock track. All the cars look good and work just fine. The kids hooked up 10 cars and it pulls then all just fine.

The description was wrong it does not contain the following '3 trackside shanties building kits, 12 utility poles, 19 railroad signs, tunnel support with printed mountain paper'.

5.0 out of 5 stars HO Scale Electric Train Set, January 11, 2012
I purchased this HO scale set to introduce my youngest son to a bygone era when scale modeling was very popular. This is an excellent set for ages 8 and up. You need not spend a fortune to introduce the wonder of electric trains and it is a complete and easy set-up. HO scale is sometimes difficult for children to align on the track but in my opinion it is the best scale for a train. Like the nursery-rime "Goldilocks", "Z" scale is just to small and "G" scale is just to big; HO is just right. HO scale is also the most popular in the U.S., and HO scale slot cars can also be integrated into a model allowing the intermixing of an electric train/car experience. Thought this might be helpful for those who may not have had a lot of experience with electric trains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Model HO Railroad - excellent condition!, July 16, 2012
I purchased this Rail Charger HO Electric train set. I received it on time and in perfect condition. No pieces were missing and as described the Rail Charger HO Electric train set is a great starter kit. I reccommend purchasing this if you plan on investing in HO train models or need a train set for under your christmas tree.
During operation, even at maximum speed, the train doesn't de-rail unless there is debris on the track.

Sincerely,

William J.
Pittsburgh, PA

5.0 out of 5 stars Rail Charger Train Set, December 6, 2011
After looking all over town for a train set and not finding any we decided to check out Amazon and found this train set. It is perfect for under our tree. We are very happy with this product. Next year we are going to add some more track and cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Train Set, May 15, 2013
I Would recommened this train set to all beginers who are wanting to get into the train hobby and not wanting to make a first big time investment. i bought this train set for myself and my children to teach them the value of the hobby. it works great and met all of my expectations, i will make future purchases to build a collection. Building this train set and watching it go was nostalgic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for this train set, December 26, 2013
Got it for my son. He almost can't stop playing with it. First thing that it needs though is a base. It didn't come with any clips to hold the track together so a base is the best thing for keeping the track together.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, December 20, 2013
This is an amazing value for your money. It arrived early, it looks great and is fairly easy to put together. I bought this for my fiance and he absolutely loves it. I looks exactly like the ones that are hundreds of dollars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, November 8, 2013
It is perfect for my train layout. It gives me more cars and fits right into the city that I am building!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, October 28, 2013
This set and the extras i bought were just write for my upcoming Christmas display for my Grandson and Nephews

1.0 out of 5 stars Train is of poor quality and design., January 25, 2012
This train is flimsy and just would not stay on the track. It is almost impossible to place on the track. Once it is on, it may go around once or twice before completely derailing. Amazon did give me a full refund... minus shipping cost...even though I was outside the return window. Amazon is fantastic as far as customer service goes, but this train just does not work well and caused much frustration on Christmas Day. My son just gave up and walked away from it. The adults could not get it to work either. We have three other trains of much better quality, but you get what you pay for and this train just was not worth it.

Rate and Discover Movies