Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Life-Like Trains HO Scale Rail Charger Diesel Freight Electric Train Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 14, 2011
I bought this as a add on to get a new loco and some more track. This set uses standard trick with some extra plastic catches that hold it together better than standard track. The cars use the old horn hook standard connectors. Which was great for me since I can use all my cars from the 60s and others from the 80s with it to create a great set. No where in the details did it say this I was really expecting the newer magnetic connectors based on the photos.
I already had standard track so this works great for me . However anyone starting a new set might want the newer trpe of snap lock track. All the cars look good and work just fine. The kids hooked up 10 cars and it pulls then all just fine.

The description was wrong it does not contain the following '3 trackside shanties building kits, 12 utility poles, 19 railroad signs, tunnel support with printed mountain paper'.
on January 11, 2012
I purchased this HO scale set to introduce my youngest son to a bygone era when scale modeling was very popular. This is an excellent set for ages 8 and up. You need not spend a fortune to introduce the wonder of electric trains and it is a complete and easy set-up. HO scale is sometimes difficult for children to align on the track but in my opinion it is the best scale for a train. Like the nursery-rime "Goldilocks", "Z" scale is just to small and "G" scale is just to big; HO is just right. HO scale is also the most popular in the U.S., and HO scale slot cars can also be integrated into a model allowing the intermixing of an electric train/car experience. Thought this might be helpful for those who may not have had a lot of experience with electric trains.
on May 15, 2013
I Would recommened this train set to all beginers who are wanting to get into the train hobby and not wanting to make a first big time investment. i bought this train set for myself and my children to teach them the value of the hobby. it works great and met all of my expectations, i will make future purchases to build a collection. Building this train set and watching it go was nostalgic.
on July 16, 2012
I purchased this Rail Charger HO Electric train set. I received it on time and in perfect condition. No pieces were missing and as described the Rail Charger HO Electric train set is a great starter kit. I reccommend purchasing this if you plan on investing in HO train models or need a train set for under your christmas tree.
During operation, even at maximum speed, the train doesn't de-rail unless there is debris on the track.

Sincerely,

William J.
Pittsburgh, PA
on October 21, 2013
I like my train and I am happy with it.
As has been said elsewhere, the cars that come with it appear to be cheaply made and the wheels come off too easily. They are not hard to put back on.
The locomotive is strong, although it only has four drive wheels.
You need to be aware that the Power-loc track does not work with the track enclosed without using an adapter, even though Amazon is apparently not aware of this as they are trying to sell it to extend the layout on the page with the train. The train has conventional HO track, (I believe code 100). After I got the track laid so that the rails were smooth, the train was able to stay on the oval track that came with it at full speed forward and about 3/4 speed backwards (I didn't try full speed backwards).
If you are wanting a train for young children, the cars that come with it would not keep their wheels for long.
If you want a starter set, especially if you plan on using conventional track, then this may be a good start.
on December 26, 2013
Got it for my son. He almost can't stop playing with it. First thing that it needs though is a base. It didn't come with any clips to hold the track together so a base is the best thing for keeping the track together.
on December 6, 2011
After looking all over town for a train set and not finding any we decided to check out Amazon and found this train set. It is perfect for under our tree. We are very happy with this product. Next year we are going to add some more track and cars.
on December 15, 2013
Very poor product. The track is so flimsy that you can bend or break the links while assembling. Once assembled, finally, the train kept stopping. Returned it the same day (which I rarely do). Not worth the aggravation. Thank you, Amazon, for having such a good return policy.
on January 7, 2014
This train arrived far too late for my intended purpose. Even worse it is very difficult to set up and the train will NOT stay on the track. I would not suggest this train. I will not buy another train from Amazon. Save your money.
on December 20, 2013
This is an amazing value for your money. It arrived early, it looks great and is fairly easy to put together. I bought this for my fiance and he absolutely loves it. I looks exactly like the ones that are hundreds of dollars