Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Life-Like Trains Power-Loc Track Expander Set - Figure-8
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on February 14, 2012
We ordered this in the hopes of improving the layout of my son's first electric train set. While we didn't spend a lot, I found this expansion set to be a bit pricey for what it offers. For one thing, the cross section (where two tracks cross over each other) is flimsy at best. Train usually derails when it crosses that piece, rendering it unusable. I would forgo this expansion set and opt instead for curved and straight track pieces to expand a layout. We ordered a set of 50, and are currently working on making a ceiling train. Fun! Finally, I will say the track assembly is very easy and sturdy. With the power-loc system, the connection between tracks is SOLID, meaning toddlers don't end up all frustrated at track coming apart. This track just doesn't. For that reason alone, I love this brand. This particular expansion set? Not so much.
on January 20, 2009
These snap together nicely and don't come apart the way the old kind of tracks do. And Walthers has the fastest shipment of anyone I've ever seen.
on January 12, 2014
The problem is that about half the time, at the interfaces where the tracks snap together, there is a kink between the rails that will make the train derail. The railcars are very light and cheap, so it's easy for them to derail. I need to return several track pieces.
on December 28, 2010
HO Expander pack did the trick with the set that I got for Christmas. Wonderful purchase. Great shipping and packaging. Will use seller again.
on January 15, 2011
My son received this for Christmas. He was thrilled to have an extension set to the set that he got for his birthday last year. However, the box shows a completed figure eight. My sons, ages 7 and 13, were unable to make a completed figure eight with both sets combined. I was a little disappointed. I will still be purchasing more of these train sets to build to my son's collection. It is a good price.
on July 2, 2013
this set is cheap and not a very good value. my wife and I bought it for my nephew for Christmas and it was CHEAP. spend a little extra and get better value
on July 9, 2012
Easy to put together, rail is smooth train runs over easily and consistently. A little hard to snap in place my 10 needed a little help.
on September 25, 2014