5.0 out of 5 stars I love these tracks
These snap together nicely and don't come apart the way the old kind of tracks do. And Walthers has the fastest shipment of anyone I've ever seen.
Published on January 20, 2009 by Anita Hurley

3.0 out of 5 stars life like trains Power-Loc track expander
this set is cheap and not a very good value. my wife and I bought it for my nephew for Christmas and it was CHEAP. spend a little extra and get better value
Published 18 months ago by Eric Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these tracks, January 20, 2009
Anita Hurley "a-hurley" (Seneca, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life-Like Trains Power-Loc Track Expander Set - Figure-8 (Toy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Expander, December 28, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
HO Expander pack did the trick with the set that I got for Christmas. Wonderful purchase. Great shipping and packaging. Will use seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars a fun toy, January 15, 2011
My son received this for Christmas. He was thrilled to have an extension set to the set that he got for his birthday last year. However, the box shows a completed figure eight. My sons, ages 7 and 13, were unable to make a completed figure eight with both sets combined. I was a little disappointed. I will still be purchasing more of these train sets to build to my son's collection. It is a good price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, January 12, 2014
The problem is that about half the time, at the interfaces where the tracks snap together, there is a kink between the rails that will make the train derail. The railcars are very light and cheap, so it's easy for them to derail. I need to return several track pieces.

3.0 out of 5 stars life like trains Power-Loc track expander, July 2, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 9, 2012
Easy to put together, rail is smooth train runs over easily and consistently. A little hard to snap in place my 10 needed a little help.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in cross track, February 14, 2012
We ordered this in the hopes of improving the layout of my son's first electric train set. While we didn't spend a lot, I found this expansion set to be a bit pricey for what it offers. For one thing, the cross section (where two tracks cross over each other) is flimsy at best. Train usually derails when it crosses that piece, rendering it unusable. I would forgo this expansion set and opt instead for curved and straight track pieces to expand a layout. We ordered a set of 50, and are currently working on making a ceiling train. Fun! Finally, I will say the track assembly is very easy and sturdy. With the power-loc system, the connection between tracks is SOLID, meaning toddlers don't end up all frustrated at track coming apart. This track just doesn't. For that reason alone, I love this brand. This particular expansion set? Not so much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 25, 2014