Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

on November 13, 2012
Life form idea is perfect - it mimics the stability of a spider and adapts well to many surfaces. It fits nicely between the slide-out ashtray and the armrest of a Cad DeVille creating a continuous console and ergonomic space to use the i-pad. Do not buy it if you want to be inconspicuous, however. They all stare... On the other hand, it was very handy in bars and coffee shops to start acquaintances; people are curious.

One weakness is the ipad attachment bracket itself. It unfolds and forms a floppy, loosey-goosey bracket that you must squeeze to hold your tablet. Since there is no tensioning mechanism, the tablet is difficult to fixture tightly and works itself loose with handling. The device appears to be built well and has performed its first 1700 miles splendidly.
on November 24, 2013
At first this seemed very useful for holding my tablet, phone, camera, or 5" monitor for filming but the more I used it the less I found it to work as well as I had hoped. Here's a quick overview: the device uses two parts to hold your devices which you lock by tightening a screw. I could never get the clamping system to hold my devices tight enough and they would always slide out. Second, I could never turn the screw enough to lock the clamp down. Once you are satisfied with how it holds, you can adjust the legs to any position to best support your device to a useable angle. Great theory. In reality unless you are clamping onto a tree or laying it flat (useless idea) you are not using all six legs. To stand it up or at an angle, you only use about 3 legs. Hence why a tripod will do you much better, The extra legs just get in the way. Save your money, get a separate device claiming system and go get a gorillapod. Works everytime without fail. I'll just keep this for a movie prop.
on May 23, 2013
Nice unique device. Takes up a lot of desk space in order to get as sturdy position. Body and legs made of hard plastic...seems durable though. Would like to see a limited edition version made out of aluminum...that would be cool... Excellent support for CSC cameras like Sony NEX and Fuji X.
on August 22, 2013
I just got this today and have already tried it with my Sony NEX-5, MY Ipad in a case, My HTC One (m7) in a slim case, Nexus 7" Tablet in a fat case. All of them worked with the single caveat of the mid size 7"-ish tablets have to sit in portrait mode. Every other size had full movement. The 7"-ish being in portrait isn't really an issue because the legs not only flex in & out but rotate like a shoulder, Maybe 20-30° so you can wiggle it to suit most situations.
The ipad fit perfect, check the Ipad gen1, gen2, retina. all worked and some in cases. I hung it off overhead cabinets in the kitchen, Bathroom mirror, off side of laptop to use ipad as second screen. Worked great in all situations and I had no fear of it taking a nose dive.

The best thing I can imagine this product for is shooting video on 4/3, NEX, & DSLR cameras. I can think of at least 10 situation in the past year that I spent hours imagining & engineering some funky duct taped mount to get a good shot. This widget would do it in 5 minutes. I not only get to save hours on hacking but get to spend that time making up some new angles I couldn't have dreamt of before without a huge rental budget or tons of PVC & duct tape. Very few times you buy something that makes you excited to try "new" things. Yeah new sturdier tripod, yeah another lens, maybe a slider is cool when new but this is something you can always use & each new shot now has possibilities yet dreamed. No longer do I need to carry a those mini tripods & flexible arm clamps!

When trying my camera I found the tightness of the joints to be perfect for holding shape under some weight. I hung the camera upside down on a door frame, made a cool look for entering a room or Security cam look.

I also loved I can mount the whole thing on a tripod or to my awesome & cheap quick release adapter [...] .

I have no doubt the Phorm will find many uses for both my film kit & normal family use. Right now I'm using it to watch my 2yr old nap using an old smartphone over wifi like a baby video monitor but much cheaper. The scary spider thingy wasn't there when she went to sleep so I hope she doesn't freak upon waking seeing it hanging in the corner.
on March 12, 2013
Ok, it is larger than I was expecting. However, it is really well built and supports the various items solidly. Very versatile. And, we can't ignore the fact that it will catch people's eye and start a conversation when they see it.
on January 23, 2013
I got this little "thing" because I am a frequent traveler (both for work and pleasure). I was looking for something that I could use whether I was in an airplane, or a car, or a hotel. Found it to be very sturdy no matter where I was. I originally got it for my iPad, but have been using it with my camera too. (Canon DSLR). I'm planning a trip to Peru and now I think bringing this will be a must!

It took a little time to figure out some of the best ways to position the legs to get the angles I wanted, but the website helped.
on December 29, 2013
she loved the idea of a low cg, close to the ground mount, still light weirht as not to slow you down, Infinatly a whole new way to hold the device youi wish to use ,look at, or do close to the ground macro photo stuff that a tripod is just too hjigh off the grount to work with. can also hod a small reflector to boucnce light around for better contrast
on November 14, 2015
I was intrigued when I first saw this product. It’s so cute and fun looking. This is a super flexible and cool cellphone holder that you can bend to create just about any shape that you want, so it can hold just about any mobile device, GPS, mp3 player or camera. I have used it to hold my camera, tablet and cell phone. It is versatile, surprisingly sturdy and grips well. I tried putting our pretty heavy universal remote control on it and it held up just fine. My kids think it looks like a "spider" and they keep wanting to watch us make shapes out of it, so it works as a toy too. ;-)

I received this product free to review. Opinions are 100% my own.
review image review image
on March 13, 2016
The life-phorm is a device you really want to love, unfortunately the device only partially lives up to it's hype. Taking the device out of the box, the first thing you notice is the "Runaway” robotic spider-like appearance. This thing looks COOL!! After reading the instructions I decided to try and use the life-phorm for my Lenovo Miix 8. No matter how I tried to clamp the device, it was not the right size. Then I tried clamping my girlfriend's LG tablet it is a 7inch android tablet. Once again no matter how I adjusted the armature it was too small or too large to grip the tablet. It turns out the life-phorm has an engineering flaw with the armature. The overlapping adjustment is too wide causing it to not fit a WIDE range of devices. You can still use the life-phorm as a cool looking easel but the whole grip aspect is gone. The life phorm did fit a kindle 8.9, but the grip was too weak, even with the tightening screw as tight as possible and I would not trust it to be secure enough in action. Where the life-phorm does well is as a camera tripod. It holds a light to medium camera well. You can wedge it into tight places and also get some really great perspective shots.

Pros:
Looks really cool!
Holds a small camera nicely and is fun to set up. Especially outdoors and in trees.
Well built. The screws may need tightening once in a while I but feel safe using a smaller camera on the life-phorm.
Works well as an easel.

Cons:
Engineering issues prevent the device from holding a multitude of 7-8 inch devices.
Larger devices don't secure tightly, even when using the tightening screw.

If someone was purchasing this device as a tripod for a small camera, I could highly recommend it. If you are looking for an attention getting easel for your tablet, I can recommend this item. Though the Pros outweigh the cons. I think most people buy this device as a secure holder for tablets. For that purpose I cannot recommend the life phorm, it is an epic fail and loses 2 stars.

Now for disclosure time. I got this as part of a reviewer program. Trust me. You want me reviewing this stuff because I have no qualms about saying something is garbage even if I got it for free. I tell it like I see it. In the case - I'm split. Tablet or camera? Its up to you.. And, if you found this review helpful, please check 'yes' below. Thanks
on November 10, 2015
 I love iphone accessories and tripods. I have multiple different kinds and I think this is the most unique that I have. I have had other pose able tripods that didn't meet my expectations. I had one where the leg fell off after less than 5 times posing it for photos. This is super well made and I don't feel that this would break apart like that. It has well made joints that allow the legs to move. It is well balanced but if you don't pose it correctly it is possible to tip it over but its hard to do that.

The instructions in the box are well detailed showing how to do each mode. The holder can be adjusted to fit each device you are using it with. You remove the middle plates to use it with a point and shoot or DSLR/ SLR camera.

What I want to use it for the most is to use it on the go to do more videos. Pericope is something I have been doing more often and this would allow me to set it up and do a quick post where ever I am.

Disclosure: I received one or more products for review purposes only. Despite the free item, my opinions remain 100% Honest and my own.