Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 22, 2009
It's been 6 years since the release of their Platinum selling Self Titled debut, and these guys are still going strong. Around the time of their second release "One X", everyone wondered if these guys could actually top their first album.. and we all know the result of that.. yet another Platinum selling album, followed by a live dvd, which was also great. Come 2009, we have their third release "Life Starts Now" an album I thought, would be almost impossible, after an album like "One X"! Surprisingly, I'd say, this album isn't up par with "One X", But different altogether. More solos can be heard this time around.. different, but good! The first single "Break" starts off with "Billy Jean" like beats, but then it literally breaks into signature 3DG riffing.. amazing bass work in this song. I saw the video the other day, its way too polished with all the good boy hair do's, & a funny concept.. all paint flying around.. but i couldn't stop laughing when I saw Barry Stock in a Pink suit.. anyways, back to the album review.. this is a more mellow album, if compared to the last two albums.. but in no way short of quality ~ "World So Cold" is like a testament to 3DG's past efforts, its pure 3DG style rock from start to finish! "The Good Life" is like this albums "Riot". Album highlights would be the tracks "No More" (its got one of those choruses that just stick in your head) & "Last To Know" (good piano work building up to a strong climax) The rest of the album is just as good, like I said, not on the same pace as the last 2 albums, comparatively more mellow.. but on its own its a great 3rd effort! Right now the song "Without You" seems to be stuck in my head, I just love the way it starts and the solo towards the end. All in all a great album from a great band who never fail to surprise! Nowadays it so easy to get complete discographies from those torrent sites.. even new albums way before their release date!! Nothing can be done about it though.. piracy IMO cant be stopped! But what we could do, as true fans, is buy the mp3's or even the cd's, to credit bands like 3DG for what they are worth. I said it in another review, & I'll say it again, It's bands like 3DG that are actually worth paying the amount for! Cheers to 3DG for making yet another KicK@$$ album. Buy it, you will not be disappointed ;o)
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2009
Its been 3 years since the last album, and this new one has not left me disappointed. I can honestly say that there is not one song that I dislike. Sure, there are some that I like more than others (that's natural), but unlike other albums by other artists, where I skip through the songs I don't care for, I have listened to this one straight through at least twice a day since it came out last week. I believe any Three Days Grace fan will feel the same, feeling that the long wait since One X was well worth it.
on September 22, 2009
From the unrestrained passion and angst singer Adam Gountier wraps around every syllable on "Life Starts Now," the first record from Three Days Grace in over three years, it's clear the band's time away from the spotlight was put to good use.

The album doesn't go as nail-bitingly deep as some of their past work but still has its share of above average songs. The tracks are sequenced excellently, unraveling in clipped, fast-moving fashion.

Lead single "Break," which crashed into the Hot 100 at no. 91 and is receiving regular rotation on rock stations, is actually one of the non-highlights with its subpar lyrics, at least in comparison to the better tracks like thoroughly awesome opener "Bitter Taste," which rocks, sways and affects deeply. Gountier sounds righteous and absolutely compelling as he sings the words of contempt ("Your name, your face is all you have left now. Betrayed, disgraced, you've been erased.") and cleansing ("I have escaped the bitter taste of you.")

"Lost in You" could rack up some major radio play if it becomes a single, and while its song structure and lyrics are a little trite and predictable they come off as genuine. The same goes for "Someone Who Cares" and "Without You," which are supported by some of the best playing on the album. The results are smooth and precise but still compelling.

"World So Cold" is memorable with its particularly impressive chorus and Neil Sanderson's spot-on drumming, and the terrific "No More" also haunts with an awesome riffs that mark the beginning of the song, even if the song longs for a more restrained, quiet vocal performance than Gountier delivers. "Last to Know" is everything a late-2000s alt-rock ballad ought to be with plaintive, hearttugging, hurt, angry vocals and another melody that immediately grabs. It begs for attention and is designed to hit the listener in all the right places.

The album begins to fizzle down in quality toward the end, with fewer tracks calling attention to themselves, but "Life Goes On" definitely has some solid moments that show Three Days Grace in fine form.
on April 22, 2015
Pretty good album from Three Days Grace.
This one is a lot more sad/mopey/focused on relationship feelings than One X.
I have a few songs on this album that I love, would recommend it to anyone who likes Three Days Grace.
on April 17, 2016
My daughter got this music and she absolutely loves all of them. She's been listening to them all night and really enjoys the music that this man makes. We also love that it is a general downloads and we can all enjoy them. It's not like a cd back in the good old days when you used to scratch them all the time ha ha ha ha
on January 6, 2015
I will always love three days grace. This album is literally a work of art and you need this in your collection! Even though adam is no longer the vocalist I still believe in this band and support there music. However if it wasnt without Adam gontier and his lyrics he wrote while in three days grace I don't know where I'd be. Music has helped me all these years and continues to help me so I really recommend u buy this album!
on May 30, 2013
C.D Came brand new, factory sealed. the case was in great shape, and it arrived in a timely matter. the audio rip was available immediately after purchase conformation as promised. My Favorite Three Days Grace Album because of great songs like "Break" "World So Cold" "The Good Life" "Last to Know" "Goin Down" and "Life Starts Now"
on January 31, 2013
i seen three days grace at uproar fest and they will always remain one of my fav bands. this is a great album with the hit song world so cold. i plan on getting the guitar tab book for this album too because i already have the book for the x album and i can play all the songs on it so i want to be able to play this album too.
on September 22, 2009
Yet another excellent album from one of the best hard rock bands out there! "Life Starts Now", produced by the great Howard Benson, shows how much the band has matured over the years since their first album, not only in lyrics, but also in their instrumentals and song writing. The drums/guitar/bass are all a lot more intricate and complex this time around with numerous guitar solos throughout the album, including lots of different effects and tones, which is a nice change for 3DG. Adam's vocals sound as great as ever, especially on the moving track "Last To Know", which also features piano, a first for the band.
This album may take a little longer to grow on some fans, as it is softer and has some more ballad-type songs but overall it is great to see them mature and evolve as a band, without losing their sound.
Definitely worth picking up! 3DG is one of the few bands out there who consistently release solid albums, front to back!
Some of the standout tracks are: Last To Know, World So Cold, Break, Someone Who Cares, Bitter Taste
on March 29, 2013
Didn't have the disc and we like three days grave. was on sale here at Amazon, purchased it which allows me to put it in my iTunes but also have it at work in the cloud. My office mate is starting to like it too.