4.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed: A Life that Matters, September 30, 2012
An inspirational book that begins with P. K. Hallinan's journey to publication. An author, minister, and a illustrator, P. K. Hallinan's story inspired me. He speaks of the five steps to making a difference. The topics seem obvious but so many writers negate them, choosing to opt the shorter route.

The author stresses working hard but schedule personal retreats to recharge and pray to maintain your focus; operate in your gift and don't spend time developing skills that your are not gifted in; follow through and finish well; the importance of quiet patience; and, never neglect to help another when the need arises.

Many of these steps hit me because I am a writer and writers struggle with many of the steps mentioned in this book. I enjoyed this book. It's filled with inspiration and encouragement. I recommend it for any writer but because these principles can be applied to everyone, it's a good read for those wanting to leave a legacy.

Reviewed by: Keiki Hendrix
Reviewed for: The Vessel Project

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift worth sharing, September 12, 2012
This review is from: A Life That Matters: Five Steps to Making a Difference (Kindle Edition)
This is exactly what I need to read in this season of my life. I am in my early twenties, pursuing my parent's dream for me. Two words- fear and loathing-and I know that God has answered my prayers. I fear the unknown and I loathe the known. I never thought my current situation could be summarized in one sentence. I don't believe in coincidences. And so when I found out that the author is a children's story book writer and illustrator, I felt strongly that God is telling me to pursue my dreams; that this book is a gift for me. (I don't know how to draw but I'm learning via a free online course (drawspace) because even though I am good with Photoshop, I needed the skill to draw if I want to make my own storybook.At least I know that it isn't a waste.)

I encourage everyone to have a copy of this book and to share it with everyone. This is not only a guide, this is the author's life. Nothing can be more real than this. Plus, the straightforward manner in which all points are discussed, accompanied by real life experiences of the author and other people, make it very easy to understand and somehow, connect. Inspired Reads led me here and for that, I'm grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars a Great Go-To book, October 10, 2012
This is one of those thought provoking books that you will want to revisit time after time. It makes you settle down and really think about what it is to try and live your best life when you are at odds with yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars love It, October 3, 2012
Great quick read. It totally relates to what my husband and I are going through. I read it on the plane to Hawaii and its a perfect book to help you realize the important things in life. It put me in the perfect mindset while vacationing, and made me realize how I'm in control of following my dreams and making things happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, September 30, 2012
This book would make an excellent book for anyone, but I think it would be especially meaningful to new graduates. It is one of the most inspirational and uplifting books that I have read in a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memoir or Self-Help Book?, September 19, 2012
P.K. Hallinan is a children's book author who also illustrates his own work. From what I can see online he seems to be an excellent artist and his stories are cute and memorable. He proves his point that anyone who is successful works hard. This book is basically a collection of wisdom the author has gained from experience. Therefore he tells a lot of stories about his life along the way. That makes this at times seem more like a memoir than a self-help book. Overall this is a positive book with a good message. It left me thinking about how I could live a life that was more productive and meaningful. At the least this will introduce you to the author's children's books which could influence your children in a good way.

~The Rebecca Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book that Matters, October 27, 2012
I enjoyed this book. I appreciated the messages and will take them to heart. I will remember them well as PK shares his own stories, as well as the wisdom of others. The book is well written, to the point, and the ideas are well presented. It would be a great inspirational gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book!, September 26, 2012
Sandra L. Malek (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Common sense wisdom illustrated with inspirational stories...this is a book that I will return to agaon and again over time to renew its lessons and remind myself of what is important in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful!, July 18, 2013
Loved it. PK Hallinan speaks of truth and humanity in this wonderful inspirational book that shares his journey of faith. Read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can Make A Difference, May 7, 2013
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? P.K. Hallinan, author of 90 children's books that have sold almost ten million copies, identifies a key need for people: to have a life which makes a difference in others.

Hallinan boils it down to five steps:

1. Work hard
2. Go in the strength you have.
3. Finish what you start.
4. Be patient.
5. Help others along the way.

Through a combination of personal stories, the stories of others and solid how-to information, Hallinan packs a punch in every chapter of this easy-to-read book.
As he says on page 24, "You have one life, and this is your time in the sun. Use it well."

I enjoyed reading this volume and recommend A LIFE THAT MATTERS, FIVE STEPS TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.

Rate and Discover Movies