Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on January 31, 2013
I rarely give up on books , but this was not worth the effort. The story jumps along with little details or explanation. The characters are cardboard cut outs. Bought some of his other books but this is not up to the standard of the Lens of Time series....which I gave up on at Book 4 as well.
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
If you are a fan of childish Narnia like stories this is for you. Very silly characters poorly developed in a nonsensical setting. I wasted my money on this book.
on February 12, 2013
This book has so much potential it's a shame it isn't better. The author put absolutely no details into this book. He has names for all the different alien races in this universe but he never described any of them - what they look like, where they come from, what special powers they possess, some of their cultures and customs. Like in the John Carter series the author gave so much detail about the different races and each character. Without any of these details you can't get to know anyone or care about them or what they do. I can't even picture 2 characters having a conversation with each other because I don't know what anyone looks like! It's the same with the different locations given in the story. There is no description of places, battle fields, homeworlds, nothing. This could have been a great story if he had just taken more time and used more imagination to describe things. I will not be reading the rest of this series. I could barely make it thru this book!
11 comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2013
Made the mistake of purchasing this book for my Kindle when there were only a few reviews. I now have to assume that these were done by people related to the author.

There is ZERO character development. Their dialog is unbearably simple and they all make abrupt changes and decisions.

The military action as a whole can be summed up as: the hero arrives, kills a ridiculous number of bad guys, is awarded and promoted.

The overall plot is poorly developed and the realm in which the story takes place is never really described in any understandable way.

Maybe this gets better as the book goes on, but after painfully enduring half the book, I just had to give up.
0Comment8 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
Saxon Andrew continues to write excellent sf. He has that unique ability to drop a pearl here and a pearl there and then pulls them all together into a wonderful necklace. His stories a full of character development, pulling at your heartstrings rooting for good vs evil. Very good for young adults as this series full of great ideas for growth.

The best thing is he keeps putting out books at a prolific rate. There is always a book just around the corner.

coachjon
on February 2, 2014
For those who believe that anyone who is different could be a threat should read this book. The three brothers who are different from each other are closer to each other than anyone knows. Their struggle to show others that they are here to defend the realm has slowly changed the minds of many. Their struggle to survive will show their strengths and then some...
on January 19, 2013
These 13 books (so far) are the best SciFI I've read and my favorite Series.I highly recommend the Annhilation series, Ashes Series, and Life Warrior Series to all SciFi fans. The series can be enjoyed seperately, but make more sense when read in order. Saxon Andrew is a genius writer. His books will move you, and may even bring you to tears in places.
on June 26, 2015
Maybe if you are 12 though I would think even a 12 yr. old would find this childish. Flat characters, simplistic and dry dialog.. I couldn't make it through the sample. Extremely simplistic. Is there such a thing like "paint by numbers" for writers, cause it feels like this was snapped together by the numbers.
on February 19, 2013
Just finished this book no more than 2 hrs ago. It was so good I immediately started reading the second book in this series. It has action with just enough detail so that you don't get bored reading long descriptions of everything that is going on. Saxon Andrews understand the space opera and writes it very well!
on March 30, 2013
I have read every one of the books in the preceding series. This one is a great continuance of some of the best stories I have ever read. With over 3000 volumes in my library now, that is significant. This book is fun, uplifting & exciting. What more could you want? I highly recommend reading it. At least twice!