5.0 out of 5 stars a satisfying product
Published on October 25, 2011 by DIY Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars HEAVY METAL CONTAMINATION?
Published 6 months ago by Joshua

5.0 out of 5 stars a satisfying product, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this product hoping it would help with my skin problems; I had what I belived was some kind of bacteria in my ear that caused reoccurring ear infections & wouldn't go away. My doctors would give me oral medications that would fix the problem for a few weeks, but essentially would fail to prevent another infection. I used this oil diluted in warm water and used an ear syrringe to flush out my ear. in less than days, I saw total recovery. I am now a month without any infection and very happy.

I also used this oil (which has a wonderful coverage area via the spray nozzle) to moisturize a few dry areas on my skin on my arm and feet... it worked wonders, and lasts longer than any lotion.

One specific detail about this product, or the concentration of the minerals therein, is that it has a very hot/stinging sensation when applied, but lingers only for a few seconds. This is particularly noticable if applied near or onto broken skin. So be careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnesium oil, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I bought this to help me with my leg cramps and it did more than that. I love this mineral, it helps with my mild depression, Anxiety and relaxes me along with taking care of the cramps in my legs. The only negative about it is that it stings when you put it on, it take a couple of minutes for the sting to go away. I find that it does not sting under my feet or on my stomach area. It says you can use it as a deodorant and I have, bear and grin the sting but it goes away and it does it's job. It's a better way to apply an all natural form of Magnesium without the additive and preservative junk they put on the supplements that due more harm than good. I have not tried any other brand than this, this works for me and its very affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE RESTORING MAGNESIUM, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
Amazon has recently offered a New Arrival of a different brand of a product I've been using for over a year, as what has felt to me to be more than a life saver. It appears that the price and quality of this Life-Flo brand provides a healthily competitive choice with the products noted and linked below, from my original reviews of transdermal magnesium chloride spray. I'm still using and feeling comfortable with all the magnesium products I've reviewed here on Amazon, continuing [based on interpretations of my experiences] to slowly receive healing results against a horde of chronic ills caused by a lifetime of severe magnesium deficiency.

Feel free to follow the below links to those Amazon pages if you're interested in reading the original longer reviews and comment strings, one of those being a video. I've made updates and added a lot of detail in those reviews and comment strings, including references to different doctors and medical professionals who are blessedly [THANK YOU GUYS!!] retaining the leading edge in magnesium research.

Here's a "Reader's Digest" version of the original review posted December 23, 2009:

This Magnesium Oil 8 fl oz (237 ml) Liquid is one of two products on Amazon I considered purchasing, the other option being, Ancient Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium Oil 8 oz.. It appeared that each of these 8 oz bottles held the same oil with the same percentage of magnesium chloride to water, but I couldn't determine that percentage precisely because neither product specified the balance on the buying pages [that data is provided on this product page for the Life-Flow brand].

I regularly read reviews on mg oil offerings, for info on the varied types of uses which have been successful. I had read those, in addition to having made Google searches on mg chloride brine water prior to looking for the actual product I would purchase. Of course I'm faithful to Amazon, buying here whenever possible, due to this company's awesome venues available to authors for publishing and promoting their books; and due to Amazon's easy, extensive, economical availability of nearly anything anyone could need or want. I also buy here due to the valued assistance and plethora of useful information in customer reviews.

As you know if you've researched magnesium oil (which is not a true oil but feels like one), many people with severe magnesium deficiencies are using this type of oil transdermally to get around the difficulties of ingestion of various types of magnesium preparations. Mg deficiencies are [were] becoming more and more prevalent, in addition to an increased awareness of the vital necessity of this mineral for health and maintenance of nearly ALL bodily functions. According to research, magnesium is found in and on bones, muscles, tissues, and cells; but it is not prevalent enough in blood to be determined as deficient via blood testing. It seems to me to be a good idea to do various Google searches on magnesium to discover how individuals and professionals have worked with this mineral in various ways to alleviate a variety of severe health issues.

I believe that magnesium deficiency shows itself in different ways in different individuals, possibly due to the uniqueness of each individual's habits and needs (and possibly due to individual differences in a "Dynamic Chemical Balance Default" or "DCBD", which is my term for an evolving concept I'm working on). In my case, the barometers of deficiency show up most dramatically in heavy cramping of abdominal and back muscles, sometimes hands and feet, even neck and jaw. The deficiency also shows itself through shortness of breath, anxiety, and lower quality of sleep. I have [had] been taking mg oxide in tablet form [currently using Magnesium Oxide Powder 8 Ounces] for several months and have received minimal (but adequate) and slightly increasing relief of symptoms from ingestion of 1500 mg /day taken in tablet form evenings and mornings (the side effect of loose or liquid bowel movement is a blessing and feels more normal to me, and to my holistic doctor friend, than previous types of "regularity"). I decided against use of "Slow Mag" or types of mg capsules which have a higher percentage of calcium to magnesium, because it has recently been determined (more like speculated, but I agree with this) that the body needs a higher percentage of magnesium, in order for calcium and other minerals to work properly, and because calcium can work against magnesium if the balance of Calcium is higher. [According to some research, magnesium presence should be higher than other minerals.]

Since I could see that any ingestion method would likely take some time to develop or "open" the body's ability to absorb the mineral, I wondered if I might find a magnesium essential oil of some type which I could apply on my skin.

Allow me to interject a sideline of information which relates directly to the body's (in) ability to assimilate ingested magnesium. I have been aware for quite some time that most foods are now impregnated with soybean products, through a great variety of methods:

....

[If you're interested in reading that lengthy segment of the original review, please feel free to use the link above for the Samson Ultra mg oil spray.]

A friend of mine recently suffered the death of a daughter in her 30's. The daughter, according to the report from her physician, had been given (by a different physician) a new medication which surprised everyone by suddenly depleting the magnesium in her system. Upon retiring for the night, the woman died, from one heartbeat to the next. According to most current speculation, Magnesium releases or relaxes muscles, while Calcium tenses them. According to the reports, the woman's heart contracted, but wouldn't release, due to the sudden depletion of magnesium. She died in minutes.

I'm thankful for this magnesium oil, and for its reasonable price. I've been using it for about a week [per my original review] and am definitely noticing a decrease in symptoms which I've learned to associate with magnesium deficiency. The positive results are much more dramatic than I've received from ingesting the mg tabs [I prefer the mg ox powder].

Now I can sneeze, cough, and move suddenly without the feeling (and fearing) that my entire body is going to fall into (and has in the past) a severe cramping attack. I'm sleeping much more normally and soundly, for longer periods at a time. Sometimes I sleep peacefully, with good dreams, for 6 or 8 hrs straight! I can breathe normally most of the time, and only once in a while now I notice the lead heart feeling or an anxiety level need to get a huge yawn or take a deeper breath, which I can't seem to do. When I've felt the magnesium input take hold in my system, which it does suddenly at times, the only way I can describe the enormously welcome sensation is of suddenly being:

NORMAL, STRONG, RIGHT, and CLEAR.

The "oil" seems to work best when applied on my skin after a hot shower. I sometimes spray it all over my body and leave it on [I still leave it on, but spray mostly on areas with good cushion of fatty tissue]. Sometimes it itches mildly for a while, but the feeling passes [sometimes I have to give a break in applications in certain areas, or discontinue on more sensitive skin locations]. Others have noted having more of a skin irritation upon initial uses, but I did not have that problem at first... did have a problem in some areas after using the spray regularly and leaving it on all day. Rinsing it off after 20 minutes, as recommended, should help with this, but my deficiency is so severe I still need to leave it on all day [I can do that without skin irritation, in places with more fatty tissue].

I wish the products labeling would give magnesium percentage information.

[UPDATE: 5/12/11: I note with satisfaction that this buying page lists amounts of ELEMENTAL magnesium provided per spray which, for me, is the most helpful way to clarify the value of this product, in addition to the note, "nothing added, nothing taken away"... from what I need from the product. "Be careful what you wish for?" In this case I'm thankful!]

Thank you Life-Flo and Amazon for this economical offering of this life restoring product,
Linda Shelnutt

5.0 out of 5 stars wow - amazing, April 27, 2012
M. Webster (Louisville, KY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I bought this spray, along with oral magnesium supplements. I often forget to take oral supplements so I thought this spray would help since I apply it right out of the shower.

It does sting, especially on clean shaven legs/underarms or on scrapes or cuts.

I use it in combination with unrefined coconut oil straight out of the shower. I have no idea if this is a good idea or not, but it helps stop the sting when I rub the oils in, so that's what I've been doing. The coconut oil smells wonderful (so long as you get UNrefined).

I've noticed that my LIFELONG constipation is now gone. My energy level is amazing. And I'm sleeping more sound than I have since I moved out at eighteen!

Magnesium is the only thing I've changed recently - so that's why I can safely look to this product as the factor in positive improvements in my health.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ocean Fat Melter, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I had no idea this also reduces cellulite, like epsom salts, both magnesium. I rub some on my tummy too to break up some of the little belly fat as well. One thing, if you have any nicks or cuts and you spray, it will bite you bad. So do not use with any cuts or nicks on your skin, learned that the hard way.
I like it very much for my legs and tummy. I also add a bit to my scalp and my hair is stonger, less falling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnesium Miracle, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
Just started using magnesium oil, and my boyfriend and I are instant fans. It stings a lot the first time you use it, especially where you have a problem area, such as very dry skin, but the more often you use it, the less intense and lengthy is the burning sting time. But worth a little pain at first, because this stuff really works! My boyfriend's problem eczema which causes intense itch in the winter and looks really nasty, has stopped itching after just 1 time use. When I didn't spray for a couple of days, he could feel his back starting to itch him more, so we sprayed, and it's so much improved. We're experimenting using on joints and other areas of the body that cause us discomfort/pain. The only negative to this product is the packaging. The plastic cap was so tight I needed a strong man to remove for me. And the spray bottle is very, very hard to press. You almost need two hands to push it down. Maybe I have a defective container, but the product is so good, it really doesn't matter that much about that. Highly recommend. My boyfriend was extremely skeptical, and angry when I sprayed that stuff on his back the first time, but now he asks me to rub it on his back and sore muscles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifechanging, May 26, 2012
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
It's so easy to use I love it. Used it directly on dandruff & it's gone. Lifetime of constipation is gone also. Read the magnesium miracle and I'm so grateful that I did. This is one of those must haves.

1.0 out of 5 stars HEAVY METAL CONTAMINATION?, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
its a well known fact magnesium oil products have heavy metal contamination's. Do not buy from any supplier just on their word. I called this company and they have no 3rd party test done on this oil. they do have in house testing however. but are unwilling to share the results with their customers. so we are to take it for face value their statements. this bottle is cheap. you might or might not be scrubbing mercury and/or lead etc. into your skin along with Magnesium with this product. there is no way of knowing, and Life Flo Health has no intentions of letting you know. Go for a brand that actually take YOU serious. or....... do what I did. call in and ask for a 3rd party report.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Life-flo Pure Magnesium Oil, 8 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
We call this healing crack in my family and friend circle. My chiropractor turned me on to this product. I had gotten into a minor car accident and it had thrown my lower back into spasms. I mentioned at my appointment that in addition to a bit of pair that I had not been sleeping well for over two years. She told me that most people have low magnesium levels and that I should start taking this product.

I bought it and rubbed it on my aching lower back. Within 10 minutes that pain had decreased. Withing two days all pain and redness had disappeared. As for my sleep issue, I sprayed some on my feet and rubbed it in before I went to sleep. I swear I haven't had that kind of deep, restorative sleep since I was a teeanager....many moons ago.

I've bought this product for my elderly mother who has some joint issues. She calls me to order her more when she runs a little low. She does not want to be without. Everyone else I have ordered it for sings its praises, too.

I love this product! Now I have a natural healant and can let that old smelly icy heat and like products go.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE RESTORING MAGNESIUM, May 12, 2011

This Swanson Ultra Magnesium Oil is one of two products on Amazon I considered purchasing, the other option being, Ancient Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium Oil. It appeared that each of these 8 oz bottles held the same oil with the same percentage of magnesium chloride to water, but I couldn't determine that percentage precisely because neither product specified the balance on the buying pages [that data is provided on this product page for the Life-Flow brand].

....

NORMAL, STRONG, RIGHT, and CLEAR.

I wish the products labeling would give magnesium percentage information.

Linda Shelnutt