5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, just what I needed
This is exactly what I was looking for! Quick shipment, awesome quality great communication. Will do business with again (already have) and recommend to others in the future!!
Published 9 months ago by Andy J. Zimmerman

2.0 out of 5 stars Dud.
I have always been a fan of lifeproof cases and I was so excited when I could finally buy one for my android phone. Objectively I'll just provide a list of pros/cons. I did not buy this case from Amazon so I cannot attest to the shipping experience. In summary, if you are thinking about buying this product, dont.

Pros:
-Exemplary Shock Protection...
Published 14 months ago by Ericfive

2.0 out of 5 stars Dud., November 19, 2013
This review is from: LifeProof Samsung Galaxy S4 Case - Nuud Series - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Pros:
-Exemplary Shock Protection
-Feels comfortable to hold
-Slides in and out of the pocket easily, yet at the same time does not feel slippery when holding your phone.
-They made a waterproof case which still allows you to use the phone's actual screen. (Pretty admirable IMHO)

Cons (It gets ugly):
-Call quality sound is sacrificed significantly in the tradeoff for water protection. This is a hard thing to work around and I accepted it because it is imperative that I have water protection on my phone.
-The headphone jack (this one actually made me angry)
-People have complained about the screen staying off during a call, it is annoying, but I'm not sure that it is due to the case (I havent used the phone without the case) so I cannot say.
-The menu and back buttons are hard to get to, but again, I accepted this as an acceptable consequence of having a waterproof nuud case.

Lifeproof in the past has been recognized as one of the industry leaders in case construction quality and overall better than average workmanship. Indeed, this cases saving grace is the fact that it's shock protection is really really good. I literally have no worries about dropping my phone and from what I've seen the water protection works (the case includes a test kit). But this really means nothing when the headphone jack cover falls off.

If you are like me, and you love music, and your phone happens to be the primary medium for storing/playing said music collection you will notice something immediately.. The headphone jack cover built into the phone is just plain shoddy, and it fell off after using the case for 2 weeks. My girlfriend has the FRE for the Iphone 5S and the construction on that particular model is much much better. Do yourself a favor, avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars LifeProof for Galaxy S4 - This case is a joke., November 15, 2013
Okay. I rarely write reviews on Amazon. But my experience with the LifeProof Nuud case paired with my Samsung Galaxy S4 was just too ridiculous to ignore.

First off, just to be clear, I did NOT purchase my case on Amazon. I purchased it at my local Verizon dealer where my sales rep swore up and down that this case was THE BEST.

So out of sheer excitement, I paid $99 for it retail.

Later that day, I was talking with different family members and they ALL said the same thing, "There's a funny echo. It sounds like I'm talking in an echo chamber."

So I jumped online and checked out the reviews on Amazon, and sure enough, others have experienced this same problem.

WOW. $99 case -- And I CAN'T even talk to people??

Well done LifeProof.

They should rename this case "SoundProof," because crystal clear sound is something you can bet you won't get.

AVOID buying this case for you Galaxy S4. Trust me. Total waste of time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Water proof - Yes! Microphone Quality - Horrible, February 19, 2014
If you would like to have a Case that incorporates full waterproofing and the ability to use the actual screen without a screen protector, with easy access to microphone and charging ports, this case is a winner. However, if you want to be able to clearly communicate to people through the regular microphone this case fails quite miserably. After receiving my first case and having issues with people being able to hear me, i constantly got a lot of. "I CAN'T HEAR YOU." and "AM I ON SPEAKER PHONE?" and "ARE YOU IN A COVERT UNDERGROUND LEAD-LINED GOVERNMENT NUCLEAR TESTING FACILITY, WHILE HOLDING YOUR PHONE IN A BUCKET OF WATER?" well...truthfully i didn't get that one...very often. But honestly, i was very disappointed with how bad the microphone quality was. I emailed Life proof and they sent me a new case. Unfortunately it had similar issues and what i thought was a defect was actually on purpose. I called life proof and they could barely hear me, which felt a little like poetic justice. The less than interested, but mostly apologetic woman on the other line told me there wasn't much she could do, but send me another case, to which i wasn't to happy about, and getting a refund is a no-go. nevertheless, for your convenience i will still provide a full review.

Included in the box - The box that the case comes in is good quality, and includes all the essentials with the Case, of course, an audio adapter, screen protector, microfiber cloth, instruction manual, and waterproof testing kit. the extras were a nice touch, and the waterproofing test kit was great to have before putting my 600.00 phone in it and dropping it in the sink.

-8/10

Cosmetic quality - the case i am reviewing is the black Nuud case, which black has obviously seemed to hide most of the regular discoloration and wear and tear. The case itself is a hard plastic with the back and buttons rubber coated for tactile reasons. The size of the case is not too cumbersome and increases the size of the phone to about a half inch if not a little more. The ability to actually use the screen of the phone without a protector and maintain waterproof capabilities is a big plus.

- 9/10

Durability - The case can easily withstand drops from 1-5 feet, but not without scratching the plastic depending on what you drop it on. The case completely protects the phone from impacts to any location, except for direct impacts to the screen, which would be fairly difficult to accomplish. putting the case on the phone is far easier than taking the case off, which you will need a penny or small coin, other objects with similar dimensions would do, in order to open the case. with each time that i opened the case the "insert coin here" edges became increasingly worn. All the buttons including power, home, and volume showed no issues. The headphone jack is secured by a rubber, water proof housing that is easily removable and remains attached, the quality of the rubber keeping it attached to the case is questionable, and if it was lost, the case would lose its waterproof capability. The Clear backing of the phone is plastic and is very easily scratched.

- 7/10

Sound quality - This would be only referring to the sound that comes from the rear speaker of the phone during speaker phone or sound playback. The quality was fine and no issues with playback were detected. Keep in mind however that with all of the phones water proof membranes, they must be left to dry after submersion before you can expect anything of quality from them.

- 9/10

Microphone quality - Completely undesirable and absolutely useless. Like i noted above, and it can be simply summed up by any combination of the words, "underwater, speakerphone, underground, and WHAT???." To be fair, people can still hear you..a little. yelling doesn't seem to help, and on a plus side you might be able to convince someone that you are calling from the future and electromagnetic waves from your De-materializing time travel machine is causing interference...or maybe not...

- 2/10

Waterproof quality - Put it in a bowl of water with a jar of salt on top of it to keep it submerged for 30 minutes, not a drop found its way in. Keep in mind that when testing this, as you open the case you will find water around the edges of the waterproof lining, which is normal. in short, i had no issues with it at all. however the quality of the headphone jack could easily jeopardize this.

- 9/10

longevity - For having this case for about 5 months, and taking it from home, to work, to the mountains, in the snow, sand, dirt, rain, etc. this case has done just fine. as long as you aren't constantly taking it off with a pair of scissors and putting it back on i imagine that this case would last a while. the plastic wont survive many hand to asphalt drops i am assuming.

- 8/10

easily accessible - Pertaining to the ports that you need access to regularly operate the phone. Charging port, home and volume button, and headphone jack. The charging port also acts as a lock for the two pieces of the case and is not opened easily without at least some part of a fingernail. On a plus side it would be completely childproof. All of the buttons as i noted above are easily accessible and do their job, however, the bezel of the case does awkwardly impede your ability to use the Menu and back buttons. Still works, but its annoying. The microphone jack is easily accessed, almost too easily. The small rubber piece that connects the protective port to the case is most definitely the weakest part of the case. Also in order to maintain your waterproofing qualities of the case while the headphone jack port is open you will need to use an included adapter. You can use most headphones without the adapter, but don't expect all to fit.

- 7/10

Warranty - limited 1 year manufactures warranty. Everything you need to know about the warranty is in that first sentence. "limited," meaning that they can dictate how, when, and if your product qualifies for a replacement or repair. "1 year," this means that they are expecting normal wear and tear to exceed the quality of the case in 12-18 months. "Manufactures," this means that you will need to work directly with life proof for warranty claims on your case. The warranty process in my opinion was quite simple, The give you all of the shipping information and you send your case back while they Simultaneously send you a new one, which is nice that you don't have to wait for them to get yours before they send you a replacement. And it doesn't seem that there are many hoops to jump through to get the warranty process started.

- 5/10

Customer service - Email is far better than directly over the phone, and i think they realize that since they have an automated message telling you to email your issues over, and over, and over again. The woman i eventually spoke with either just broke up with her boyfriend, lost both her parents in a tragic house fire, got her dog ran over by her ex boyfriend who she found was cheating on her with her, now former, best friend who slept over at her house after having a drunken night "accompanied" with the cheating boyfriend, and started the house fire by leaving her hair straightener on which she "borrowed" 3 years ago, and just now returned so kindly, however left it ON next to the hand towel.....or she just didn't care much for customer service, either way, the experience was mediocre at best. The Email option is far more effective.

- 4/10

As you can see there are 10 categories with a total potential score of 100, to which this case scored 68. which i could round up to 70 or a 7/10 or 3.5/5. however, i still hold to my original rate of 2/5 stars, to which i attribute to the lack of my ability to use my phone for its most basic feature...talking on it. my advice...Its probably the best you can get for now....but don't expect much.

1.0 out of 5 stars pice off crap, November 13, 2013
This case is a dissapointing piece of junk. it took 2 cases and 5 attempts to get it to seal out water to where i was comfortable using it. then the menu and back buttons require index or pinky finger to use. the sound is terrible. calls sound like robots, the screen turns off durring calls and the power button only works sometimes. overall this case is a waste of time and money. i cant believe lifeproof put this case on the market. they have lost all there credibility in my book and i will never again purchase a lifeproof product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Case, Horrible Customer Service, November 6, 2013
I ordered this case directly from lifeproof. Upon arrival, I liked it very much. It is big, but that can be expected for such a case. The additional ledge gives you something to grab onto and makes using it as a smartphone much easier/safer. My problem with the case is the audio through the earpiece (when talking on the phone). It is absolutely dismal. Based upon how much pressure you put on your face and where the speaker is in position with your ear, it will distort and change in volume drastically. I get so frustrated with it while talking that I've been telling people my phone is messing up and end the call. I do most of my talking in the car and was going to say screw it and compliment the case with a bluetooth earpiece... I wanted to make it work because I like the case otherwise... and there is also a 15% restocking fee from lifeproof when you order from them ($13.50!). I decided I would call their customer support line to see if they had any tweaks or advice to get the case working. I expected they would be very apologetic and willing to help me out to get it working so I didn't have to send it back. Their solution? "Go to our web site and see if you can find help there". After I told them I had already searched their web site and found no relevant information their solution was to "blow on it". Which I did try, and it did nothing. The phone works great outside of the case for talking by the way, it's definitely a case issue. Stay away from this case and this company, my guess is they wont be in business long.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS CASE, April 25, 2014
I received this case as a gift in January. It seemed to be of good quality, nice and sleek, etc. I loved it for the first few weeks. Then I started noticing some quality issues... first all of my calls sounded awful. I could barely hear the phone except on speaker, then the rubber plug for the earphone jack ripped off, and finally the charger port cover formed a stress crack and cracked in half a few days later. I have had this case for three months and it has been an absolute piece of crap. Customer service is worthless as well. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CASE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and pointless: Volume is severely affected, January 27, 2014
I got mine in the Yellow and Blue Big Box Store too: I was going to write that this is a great case for someone outdoorsy...But the fact that the volume gets cut in half and becomes tunnel like, will not help you at all if it is noisier outside, which it will be if the weather is lousy, or it is windy. So even from that point of view it is useless for me. If the volume was not (as much)affected, then this would be 5 stars. A little degradation in volume is to be expected, but for $50-89, I want something that is not going to muffle half the volume. This case could be ideal for construction workers, builders etc...but these professions work in loud conditions: So again, how is the much reduced volume going to be of help? You may have a functioning phone, but what use is that when you cannot hear the person at the other end properly?

If volume is not so much an issue for you, then I would highly recommend this device- otherwise absolutely not. i believe that most of these kinds of cases will have this issue however. I am continuing to look for the ideal protective case. the Otterbox Commuter is OK, but the grip is too slippy. I have ordered on Amazon the following and will keep you updated: Incipio Phenom Case;Urban Armor Gear; Acase Galaxy S4 Superleggera PRO Dual Layer(for my wife , because she likes Purple) and the Case-Mate OLO026878 Tough Case. All are Amazon Prime, so I have no worries about returning-Bless you Amazon! Please like this review if it has been helpful :)

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy, February 23, 2014
L. Nieves "lvrofanimals" (jacksonville, fl United States) - See all my reviews
read the reviews on this case please don't waste your money. there are many reasons that I no longer use this case. First of all it greatly distorts the sound quality. I couldn't figure out why people were sounding garbled and people were always asking "what did you say". when you use your camera flash it reflects off the plastic piece that covers the lens and leaves a green hue that takes up 1/3 of your pictures every single time, and the green hue is dark and concave and awful.

I called my cell phone provider thinking my camera was flawed and thank goodness they promised to call me back to troubleshoot and never did. I figured it out by taking the case off. Once I took the case off my camera pictures were perfect again and the tingy sound quality went back to being clear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Product, April 10, 2014
Product broke within 2 weeks. The plug for the headphone hole came out and there is no way to put it back in because it is flimsy rubber. Then another part broke a week later. The latch for the battery door cracked and now refuses to stay shut then fell off becuase it caught on everything. Not really durable at all. The case does protect the phone from falls which is good but it is no longer waterproof and because it was purchased through amazon, Lifeproof will not honor the lifetime warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful sound issues, May 13, 2014
I loved the feel of this cover and really wanted to like it because I wanted the best protection I could get for my phone. Alas the problems with this phone ended with us returning it.

1. With the sound even maxed on the phone and this cover on and I could barely hear on this phone and that was hard for me since my last phone wouldn't go quiet enough for me. I have very sensitive hearing.

2. Most people I called had varying degrees of trouble hearing me. Anything from a little echo tin can sound all the way to not being able to make me out at all for the overlapping sounds.

3. The case got in the way of pressing the screen at the bottom of the screen for return and menu. I could have lived with it and bought a stylus but what is the point if I can't hear or be heard on the phone.

I called customer service and they were very nice. They told me this was a known problem and to exchange the case for another one since mine was obviously defective. At the store we tried the lifeproof fre instead and it improved the ability to hear but not the sound problems of being heard. After trying many things we decided that it wasn't the case for us. I really appreciate customer service said they would send us as many cases as needed to get it fixed but I am not sure they have fixed problem in design yet. They did say they had forwarded the problem to engineering and it had been fixed and that maybe my store had old stock but I wasn't interested in waiting two weeks to find out. Especially since the store I went to had no reports of recall on their products so the company didn't bother to fix the retail product already out and that is just bad business. Maybe in a few years when I get my next phone this product will be fixed but for now they don't have it fixed.