Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chad Valley All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Color: PurpleProduct Packaging: Standard PackagingChange

on January 11, 2013
My grandson dropped this and the case broke after 2 weeks. He called Lifeproof and found out this is a counterfeit and can not be replaced. I paid $50 for this through Amazon and thought I could trust that Amazon would not sell counterfeit items. I have ordered so much from Amazon over the years and this is the first time this has happened to me.
Life proof said to only buy their products from Target or Best Buy.

Wish I could give zero stars. Wish I could get my money back. Learn from my mistake and do not purchase LifeProof through Amazon. I will go to Best Buy and purchase another real LifeProof case that is not counterfeit.

UPDATE 1/15/2013
I contacted Amazon and spoke to a most helpful customer Service employee. I explained that my grandson had contacted a LIFEPROOF representative and was told this was a fake as serial numbers were incorrect and learned that the company does not sell their cases on Amazon. Told Amazon's rep that I did not want them to mail another, but I needed reimbursement so I could go to Best Buy or Target where the real LifeProof company sells the real cases. I was forwarded an address lable right then and my grandson UPSed the case back to Aamazon that afternoon. 3 days later Amazon credited the dollar amount back to my charge card. My grandson bought the real case from Best Buy and is very happy. I am happy with Amazon once again. Amazon always stands behind thier reputation as being very reliable and they are very helpful.

I'm a very happy customer once again. Thanks Amazon!
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,084 of 1,185 people found the following review helpful
on February 7, 2012
I purchased this case directly from Lifeproof when I got my iPhone 4S in October of 2011. I installed my iPhone directly into the case and have used it daily since then.

This case is indeed very slim for the level of protection provided. The screen protector does not appear to impair the usefulness of the touchscreen. The phone is entirely encased when installed.

The claims made on the site appear to be true, so I won't repeat them here.

There are two cons, however. First, accessing the headphone jack is very inconvenient. You have to unscrew a plug, that can then easily be lost. This also limits the types of plugs that will mate with the headphone jack.

Second, and more annoying is that the port through which you have to plug a iPod cable to charge or sync is VERY tight. If you have any third party cable that is even a tiny bit bigger than Apple's, it won't fit. You'll either need the suggested RadTech passthrough connector or an original Apple cable. If you only use OEM cables, this won't bother you, but otherwise it's quite annoying.

I would have preferred to see an integrated pass-through 20-pin connector built into the case, so you had more flexibility in selecting connecting cables.

Overall, this is a very nice case and provides a very high level of protection. I would purchase it again. I deducted one star for the two cons noted above.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,092 of 1,227 people found the following review helpful
on January 20, 2012
Ok. So I read the reviews on Amazon about this case. And despite the concerns, I can assure you this case is EXCELLENT! In fact, my initial reaction to the case was negative. So here we go...

When I opened the box, I was initially disappointed to see two flimsy case pieces that snap together with no instructions! I thought this was a joke. $80 for this? It refers you to a web site where you have to watch a few videos. So, I gave it a shot. The videos are short and helpful. The first video suggests you do a waterproof test on your case for a full hour! I tested mine for about a half hour and I think that is even overkill.

Now the fun begins. You can put your iPhone in the case. This process was very simple. After the case is on, now you feel the full effect of awesome protection. Some reviews said the there was a gap between the front of the plastic portion of the case and the iphone, causing air pockets. That did not occur for me. It was an absolute perfect seal. I actually did this twice, once for my girlfriend, and on mine with no trouble. All the buttons work perfectly.

Now on to usability complaints. Some users complained about significant problems either hearing or speaking into the phone. I will admit the noise level is dampened "slightly." With the phone turned all the way up, the ringtone is still significantly loud. It's not really an issue. But this actually happened to me. My girlfriend's case casued NO sound issues. When I got mine, it was significantly dampened compared to hers. I remember the Best Buy saleswoman told me when I bought my case that it is hardly returned and that one time it caused a muffled sound issue, but they swapped it out with a new one and the problem was resolved. Well... that's what I did. And my second case was perfect. So if this is your issue, try another one. It worked for me.

On to the headphone issue and listening to music, etc. There is an adapter that plugs into the case/iphone and then you plug your headphones into that. I NEVER USED IT! I plugged my iPod earbuds directly into the iPhone and it worked beautifully. Forget the adapter. You only need it so that it completes a waterproof seal. I suppose you need it for extreme conditions, maybe you're skiing for example. The sound was fantastic without the adapter. This is a non issue.

I've had my case for over two weeks now and already I had a mishap. It was on the table while I was eating lunch, and I got a drop of italian oil from my sub directly on the front of the case. No trouble! Wiped it right off. The case is completely water proof!

I bought the belt buckle for the case. I will admit it's a bit unweildy, but not horribly so. It's a bit of a pain to take on and off. Most people may prefer simply keeping it in their pocket (oh the case doesn't add much bulk at all), or in their bag/purse.

If you want to do some research before buying, go to this link on the lifeproof website and watch the videos.

I HIGHLY recommend this case. It performs as advertised.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 15, 2012
Bought this for my wife's birthday. She followed the lengthy install process to find out the vibration switch wouldn't work. She went to Lifeproof's website and called their product support line. After reading off both serial numbers (one for each side of the case) the operator on the other side informed us that it was Counterfeit. That they'd been seeing loads of them reported recently. All from Amazon!!! WTF!!!?!?

Amazon refunded our money and are investigating the matter. Hopefully they resolve this issue with their bulk supplier before you buy one from here.

Here's the deal. The packaging is 100% exact. It has proper color accuracy and spot varnish in all the right places. It's damn beautiful. The case inside, however is nothing like the one we bought at the store. My wife noticed many immediate differences between the store bought VS Amazon's, such as raised spot edges on the inside of the back half of the case that Amazon's didn't have.

I've been a PRIME member for years, and I absolutely LOVE AMAZON. This will not deter me from using Amazon on a daily basis. It must be a mishap at the supplier level. All of that said, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 25, 2013

The case I received was a counterfeit. I ordered the case on Amazon FROM "Sold by: Neverlate Sales ( seller profile** )" Having a previous case from lifeproof I quickly assumed the case was counterfeit from the appearance. (Check my photo uploads for notes on how to spot a fake). I CONFIRMED my suspicions by calling LifeProof and speaking with Customer Service. TOP KNOTCH support. They had me read them the "bar code" inside of the actual case and it popped up on their counterfeit list. Now I know by providing so much detail it will allow the counterfeiters to produce better clones, however I want to be as detailed as possible to help my fellow consumers. I also hate to see all the neg reviews against "Lifeproof" I have had one of their ACTUAL cases for close to a year and have used it daily. It has held up to everything I have thrown at it from actually throwing the phone, from dropping the phone from a second story height at Cabela's to the hard tile floor below TWICE, to going on an all day kayaking trip with the phone in the water for the better part of 9 hours. The old case held up great and the only damage to it is from me putting it in and out of my pocket an above average amount of times, the upper right hand corner rubber started to peel off and lifeproof started the claims process when I called them about the fake case. I also ordered a new case directly from them at the same time. Back to the counterfeit case, the case and the box are already decent clones, the box even has the raised details of the REAL box. I have photos posted comparing the boxes as well. I also contacted Amazon after I discovered it was a counterfeit case and they promptly issued a return label and stated I will be receiving a full refund. Their legal department is also looking into the matter.

I hope that my review of the case I got AS WELL as my review for my REAL lifeproof case will help anyone protect their phones from water damage. I would not trust the fake case to be waterproof as the screens are different over the speakers on the bottom as well as differences in the mold.

Below is a link to the sellers profile as of writing this review (1-25-12). I would STRONGLY suggest staying away from anything this seller is selling as it may very well be fake.

**Link to sellers profile:"
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 29, 2012
I already own a white/grey lifeproof case for my iPhone 4s. I ordered this case and after installing it, I could tell it was not a perfect fit like my previous case. This video was very informative on how to distinguish the fakes from the real McCoy.

Reasons why this is a FAKE lifeproof case:
1. Fake case is darker and mud colors do not contrast as much as the original.
2. Fake case has an orange stripe, for the shock proof icon(on the cover), rather than yellow, like the original.
3. Lettering on the sides of fake packaging are dark and nearly impossible to read. Lettering on the original is bright white and easily legible.
4. The fake case has a flimsy screen cover. The case I received did not fit tightly over the iPhone.
5. The fake case feels like plastic, the original is more like rubber.
6. The headphone jack replacement piece in the fake package is cheap and flimsy...the original is more snug and substantial feeling.

Please consider the video and these very valid points!
on January 22, 2013
I Bought this phone case on Amazon from:

SZ Danas Tech Development Company LLC (Inventory Development Sol)

It doesn't work. I called LifeProof, gave them my serial number and they said the company is selling fake cases.

DON'T BUY FROM SZ Danas Tech!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 14, 2013
My girlfriend bought a LifeProof because I also own one and she loves it. We saw that it was much cheaper on Amazon so we went for it. When it arrived we opened it and I noticed almost immediately that it was obviously not a real LifeProof. It felt cheap and nothing like the one that I bought from BestBuy. It is flimsy and the charger port seal does not even seal the bottom correctly so I did not even bother water testing the case and sent it straight back. If you want to protect your phone I would recommend spending the extra $20 and get the real thing. I am also disappointed in Amazon for selling these fake cases. I went on and saw that Amazon is NOT a certified dealer for LifeProof cases. Do not buy.
on April 12, 2012
My best advice is to "STAY AWAY FROM LIFEPROOF!!!" I actually purchased my case directly from LifeProof via there website. First off, I understand things take time but it took nearly three weeks for the case to get to me. As everyone else, I opened the box only to be a little skeptical at how flimsy the case appeared. I put my iPhone in the case and it felt great having a case that was minus the bulk of most "Tough Cases" and operation of the buttons and touch screen were great. I had no complaints until I made my first phone call with it and noticed the volume was extreme;y low even though I had my speaker volume turned up all the way. Then everyone I call is constantly going "huh", "what did you say", "I can't hear you", etc. Well being in law enforcement it's not always the easiest thing for me to spend $80 for a phone case then throw it in a drawer so I decided I would use it until I had my feel. I found myself refusing to make phone calls with my phone because I was tired of not being able to hear anyone and them constantly asking me to repeat myself because they couldn't hear or understand me.

Well just as I'm nearing my wits end I get the holster/belt clip that I had pre-ordered and it cost me $30. Well I continue to use my iPhone for everything except making phone calls which was really becoming annoying. Well after a long 14 hour night shift of answering calls back to back and having 7 K9 deployments I come walking through my garage and then it happened; my iPhone in it's LifeProof case and holster/clip slipped out of my hand and lands on the concrete floor of my garage. I know, why didn't I have it on my belt since I had it in the belt clip but honestly has anyone ever paid attention to how much equipment officers (especially K9 officers) have on they belts; there literally was no room for it. As I was saying the phone fell from my hand at a little below waist level landed on the 1" thick rubber mat placed inside my garage door. As I said earlier it hit the concrete and PARTS of it did after the holster/belt clip broke into 3 pieces on impact with the mat and the amazing LifeProof case bounced onto the concrete. Already being exhausted from my long night this was not the best of times for "LIFEPROOF" to show me how much it wasn't. As I pick up my iPhone that's in the case, along with the 3 pieces of the holster/belt clip, I walk into the house and as I go to plug the charger into my phone before going to bed I see it... The mighty LifeProof had cracked from the bottom corner approximately 1/4"-1/2".

After cooling off and getting some rest I decide to contact LifeProof via email since I was working night shift and there was no answer at their offices. I explained to them what had happened along with the sound issues that the case had been causing. I get a very polite and respectfully email (3 days later) and the rep asked me a few general questions in which I replied back. This time it only takes me 2 days to hear back from the rep who advised me that she had spoken with her manager and they were more than willing to ensure my satisfaction with their products. She informs me that they are more than willing to replace my broken case for the retail price of a new one since I had not purchased an extended warranty for the case. Are you serious? There was no option to purchase an extended warranty for the case on the website when I ordered it and who ever heard of purchasing an extended warranty on a phone case?!?!?! Before I have a chance to respond she then informs me that they will not be able to do anything about the holster/belt clip since a co-worker and I had purchased 2 of them together and used his card to pay for it. Although she did mention that they would be able to sell me one for the retail price. I will admit that the customer service was very polite and professional but they rally did nothing to help me other than offering me the opportunity to purchase replacements for the full retail price. Since then I have had 5 co-workers get rid of their LifeProof cases because of the issues with their phone's audio and 1 because he had the same misfortune that I had with a small drop of the phone and the case breaking. By all means, if you DO NOT talk on the phone very often then you'll probably love this case as long as you don't drop it about 2.5 feet and it crack. If you are a person like me who really wants a good product for a fair price then the $80 LifeProof along with the separately sold $30 holster/belt clip then you are EXTREMELY overpaying for a product that does not live up to it's advertised claims or it's name. I hope this helps someone to not make the same mistake that I did when trying to find a waterproof & rugged case.
5353 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,023 of 1,304 people found the following review helpful
on April 9, 2012
Have had this case for almost 4 months, when I purchased with my I-phone 4s and had been fairly happy with it. When I first got my case I did the water test before installing and even dropped in sink full of water to show wife it works. I cleaned the case about a month and half ago according to the company's standard care procedures on their website. This weekend while kayak fishing, I took an accidental swim into the marsh with my phone in pocket. Once I gathered everything back up and re-situated myself in my kayak I took my phone out and realized it is still working, however, 10 minutes later I checked again, and water had gotten past the case and the phone was no longer working. Once back onshore I did an inspection and saw that the leak path was through the seal on the charger port (slight hairline crack). I use my phone normally and do not do anything drastic with it, so am fairly disappointed with the overall durability. I am out $80 on case and $169 to cover insurance deductible from Verizon.

I am not trying to get back any money, and I realize that I am just out of luck since company is not responsible for damaged electronics. Just wanted to get the word out to people. Most of the 5 star reviews I read were from new purchases.

Buy a cheaper case next time and bring a water proof container to bring your valuables in.
5959 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...