4.0 out of 5 stars Walking while workin
I've had this treadmill for over 2 mos now. At the time I purchased it Lifespan didn't have an electric desk, so I purchased a ConSet electric desk to use with this. The Conset desk is super solid and I'd buy it again separately even though Lifespan sells their own now -- I would not like having the console where my body rests against the desk cut-out.

Onto...
Published 12 months ago by Claire Burke

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, How to Kitten Proof, Avoid Amazon
I really enjoy this product, but I would suggest not buying this through amazon for quality reasons. Also, if you have a cat, he/she may be a pain in the butt with a treadmill, so I have some advice for that.

WHY I LIKE THIS PRODUCT
---------------------------------------------------------
I was very skeptical at first about walking while working on a...
Published 1 month ago by Rob

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking while workin, March 27, 2013
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)

Onto the treadmill: little to no shock absorption. Yes, its very important to me even though I'm not running on it. It also came with two diagonal 3/4" lines that reach across the entire belt. I haven't had time to call Lifespan about it but it works fine thus far.

My biggest gripe about this unit is its console. It sucks. I rate the console 1 Star merely because it turns on. It only has a 4 digit readout (I had over 10k steps by the second use). You also have to start from a speed of zero *every single time* you un-pause it. I have to jump on and off of this thing all day long, and this is driving me berserk. It also will not up or down-increment unless you push the button each tenth of a mile. So you have to push the button 20 times to get to a speed of 2.0 MPH, which is the minimum that I walk at while working. It also does not sync -- ever -- to the online Lifespan Fitness Club so that you can track your data and progress. They also have no smartphone apps so that you could sync it that way.

The treadmill is quiet and thus far none of my clients has noticed that I'm on a treadmill (although the console does have loud, annoying beeps when buttons are pushed). There seems to be only one other major competitor in this market right now, and I did seriously consider them as their treadmill is a lot shorter than this one. This one could easily be 1.5' shorter than it is. But they seem to have quality-control issues, severe delays on delivering their machines, and various reviews I'd read stated that their machines were quite loud. So I am overall pleased with this unit, the treadmill is good quality, I just sincerely hope that they come out with a console that functions as though it were not created the same time as my old Atari.

I do love walking while working and will never stop. After 25 years of sitting most of the day doing computer work (and becoming very damaged from such) I was forced to either stand up to work or quit working. I discovered treadmill desks from searching for stand-up desks. I currently walk 50% of the time and stand 50% . I purchased a Wellmess Mat to put on top of my treadmill while just standing on it, again because the deck on this thing is rock hard. I also purchased a Varier Move Stool, figuring I might use that on it as well, but haven't yet. I do have a little desk in my kitchen and I'm using my Move Stool there and had I been sitting on one of those things the past 25 years I very likely wouldn't have problems I'm having now. I also purchased the Contour Free2 rollermouse and that has been instrumental in walking while working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why not buy LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill instead?, October 28, 2013
Brian Campbell "Brian" (St. John's, Newfoundland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
I opted to make my treadmill desk not with this item but instead with their non-desk version, LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill (2013 Model). For anyone else thinking about a treadmill desk, you might want to consider this. The non-desk version costs the exact same amount but includes a) incline, b) pulse rate monitor (in handrails), c) fancier programs (since it includes incline and pulse monitor), AND d) running speeds (if you ever want to use it to run). You lose bluetooth, but oh well. (See warning at the bottom.)

All I had to do to convert the non-desk version to one I could use with my desk was remove the vertical portion of the treadmill. Just remove the two bolts which held it on and pull the cable through so you can place the controller on top of the desk instead and run the cable directly to it; you DO NOT need to connect hand rails with pulse monitors for the console/treadmill to work (it doesn't show an error or anything). If you want to use the pulse monitor then you'll just need to bolt the original handles onto your desk and run those cables to the console, which is pretty easy; I made my hand rails not load bearing, they just use one bolt on which they pivot and stay where I leave them by friction of the tight bolt and some rubber washers. I can just move the handles up when I want to measure pulse or down when I want to not have the handrails there. Piece of cake. For the desk I use the Ikea Jerker.

User yeahokay passed this info along that he got from LifeSpan:

"[Treadmills used for] treadmill desks need very high torque at slow speeds and they don't need to reach running speeds at all. This gives us the opportunity to modify the pulley ratio on our treadmill desks to create more power at low speeds to support hours of walking without overheating or adding stress to the motor and electronics. This is only possible by reducing the maximum belt speed. Basically, if you take a TR1200i treadmill and walk slowly on it for numerous hours per day it will burn out the motor and fry the electronics. The TR1200i is only rated for about 1.5 - 2 hours of use per day whereas the TR1200-DT is rated for 6 hours per day."

So, that's a pretty important warning from LifeSpan.

I've already made my purchase, and I'd probably do it again knowing this, but I'm a risk taker. As most motors burn out because of heat buildup melting or cracking the insulation on the windings I'm going to accelerate my plans to add additional cooling; maybe just some large computer fans or maybe some sort of water-cooling peltier effect system. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. I did a bit of checking and it looks like a replacement motor (if I do burn it out) runs about $350 - $400 (not including labor, which looks easy to do). So, modder beware! I'll update this review in the event of ongoing success or miserable failure.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Solid desk treadmill with some room for improvement, January 20, 2014
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
I've had this a couple of months now. (update at end of review)

First off, the good things:
- It's pretty quiet. I work in a home office, so this isn't a huge deal for me, but it's nice. It can definitely be heard on a speaker phone, though. Nearly all the noise is from my weight on the belt (and associated sliding / friction). If I step off of the treadmill, it is VERY quiet. I don't think there is much they could do about this.
- I just plugged it in and it ran. Setup was a non-issue.
- Looks good. Not much to it, but what is there is unobtrusive.
- The display is really nice. It is really simple and not very big. It has some steel weights in it to give it some mass and keep it from sliding around on your desk. I don't really want the display to do much, and it doesn't.
- Typing and mouse use are absolutely no problem.
- Writing is a bit tough and you won't write as neatly as you are used to while walking.
- Going from sedentary to standing walking all day took me two weeks to get used to, but I am very happy with the change. I'm losing weight and just don't get tired on my feet anymore. Cardio fitness doesn't change, though. I don't sweat or breathe hard on this thing, so that's not a surprise.

The cons:
- Everyone complains that there is too much button pushing. I wholeheartedly agree. I like to walk at 1.2 mph. To start it up, you:
- Press on/start
- Wait for it to count down 3,2,1,go (five seconds elapsed)
- It starts out at 0.4 mph every time. I find it hard to believe that anyone walks at that speed. It's more like standing for a bit and then taking a step.
- Press speed up 8 times to get to 1.2 mph.
- This whole sequence takes about 10 seconds (give or take).
- I read about this and thought everyone was whining too much before I got this. In my job, I step away from my desk for a minute many times a day. I go through this routine all the time. It's a total waste of time. Worse, it becomes an irritation, so it feels worse than it is. I don't turn on the treadmill if I think I am going to walk on it for less than a few minutes before I get off again. Sometimes I'm wrong and end up standing still on the treadmill for half an hour because I became engrossed in my work and forget to turn it on after plans changed.
- The beeping. I work at home, so I don't honestly care much about the beeping when you press buttons, but it is really unneeded. It is not a pleasant beep, for sure. Combine the mandatory beeping on button pushing with way too many button pushes and you have something that really takes away from the other good things.
- You can't start it at the speed you want (see above)
- It turns off after 20 seconds of inactivity. You walked into the other room to grab a pencil? Too bad, it's shutting off. Prepare for more button pushing. You were gone for 17 seconds and thought you got on in time? Wrong. It's not very responsive and will shut off in 3 seconds. It starts beeping at you telling you that you were gone too long; just press on to tell it not to turn off, right? Wrong. Give it some time to beep its disapproval at you, then slow down (slowly). Now you can start pushing buttons again.

I bought this thing to make my life easier and not hack up a standard treadmill. It turns out that I should have just bought a standard treadmill and hacked it up, saving money and getting something more like I wanted.

The really tragic thing about this is that the treadmill is not lacking in any mechanical or electrical way. It's just the decisions made in the programming of the display unit. Someone actually had to consciously decide to make it this way. As a person that does embedded electronics software development for a living, this is all the more frustrating.

Update - 18 Feb 2014
------------------
Lifespan commented on how to resolve some of these issues. I'm really impressed. I should have called customer service about this to see if there was something that could be done. Customer service found me!

The ability to leave the treadmill running while I step away from it is a game changer for me. I work in a home office, so there is no danger of someone else walking on it while I step away. I understand in a corporate environment, this is not always the case.

The beep off is nice, too. I wish it was adjustable in volume, but on / off is a huge step, and once again I'm super impressed that customer service found me.

I would give it five stars, but there still 1) doesn't appear to be a mode in my model that will resume at my previous speed, and 2) the critical features are in engineering mode. Having said that, it's still a huge improvement from my initial review.

Lifespan seems to be taking these usability issues seriously, and that is a great sign for future customers. Customer service gets five stars from me for not only finding me without me taking reasonable steps to get help, but presenting it in a professional and helpful way!

The engineering mode is referenced in the manual. I don't have my manual anymore, and several of the manuals I found online are missing the engineering mode page. I did find one that had the page intact. Slight inconvenience, but not a big deal. This is a warning to the people like me that toss out manuals! This manual had the keys to me getting what I wanted out of the treadmill.

Update - 18 Feb 2014
------------------
I've used the treadmill for a few weeks with the engineering mode changes mentioned in the comment from Lifespan customer support. It's been a real transformation! I turn it on in the morning and turn it off at lunch time, then turn it on after lunch, turning it off at the end of the day. Now short periods where I get off the treadmill don't cause big breaks later. It's working just as I had imagined - I'm really happy.

To those that have never used a treadmill much, make sure you lubricate it. You are buying a treadmill that is really likely to be used all day, so you will need to lubricate it once a week, not once a year, as is normal for a home treadmill. It's not too difficult -- Turn the back belt tension screws out exactly 10 turns. The belt will be loose, and you can pull it up. Then spray a light amount evenly across the belt width. Then turn the tension screws back in exactly 10 turns. It's worth a small amount of time paying attention to how much you screw the tension screws out and it, because if you don't screw them back in to the same place, you will have to adjust the left / right belt tracking again. That will take longer than paying attention to the amount you turn the screws in and out.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Feb 18, 2014 8:43:44 AM PST
EB,

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to the beeping, if you have purchased your unit in the last year, there are settings in the Engineering Mode that allow you to disengage the Audible Beep (Engineering Modes/Codes can be found in the Owners Manual). In regards to the turning off after 20 seconds of activity, although NOT recommended this feature can be disengaged as well in Engineering Mode. Once the Intelli-Guard is disengaged the treadmill base will continue to move if you do not press the STOP/PAUSE buttton while you would step away from the unit temporarily, BUT please note that when coming back the treadmill will be moving at the same speed as when you stepped off (if you do not press the STOP/PAUSE button). Units shipping now also have the ability in engineering mode to store/restore the last speed. These features have been designed for user safety, particularly in situations where the treadmill desks are used in corporate facilities where multiple users during the day who would have little insight into the preferences of prior users share the same treadmill desk. Again, thank you for your feedback and if you have any further questions please contact us directly to discuss.

In Health,

LifeSpan Customer Service

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, How to Kitten Proof, Avoid Amazon, March 10, 2014

WHY I LIKE THIS PRODUCT
---------------------------------------------------------
I was very skeptical at first about walking while working on a computer. I'm a Computer Programmer, so I'm at my desk typing for 10+ hours a day. Most of the questions I wondered were "How is typing while walking?", "How is controlling the mouse while walking?" and "How would my energy/concentration level be while walking?". With all the reviews I read online, it seemed people didn't mention having any difficulty with any of these questions, so I decided to get the treadmill.

Now that I've been working with this treadmill for a couple months now, here are my answers to the questions:
- How is typing while walking? It's actually not bad at all! Because you rest your wrist on/in front of the keyboard, and you don't move your hands from the keyboard, typing while walking is just as easy as when not walking.
- How is controlling the mouse while walking? This is not as easy. If you need to be extremely precise, like if you are a designer or playing video games, it's going to be a tad harder to use the mouse. If you're only going .5 mph, you'll be fine, but if you want to go 1.5+ mph, then you're going to have a hard time being precise with the mouse.
- How would my energy/concentration level be while walking? This is actually the best part. Because you are up and moving, your energy and concentration increases significantly compared to when you're just sitting down. It's amazing how much more alert I feel now than when I used to just sit down all day programming.

Health:
If you care at all about your health, and you have to be sitting for longer than 3 hours a day at a desk, then you should really get a walking treadmill. It is very unhealthy to be sitting long periods of time, for both your body and mind.

Why it's Better than Just Using a Standing Desk:
I have 6 months experience on a Standing Desk that could not go down. I will say it was the hardest 6 months of my life programming. It hurts really bad just standing for long periods of time (I'm pretty sure that's a form of torture at Guantanamo Bay...). Your legs and lower back start aching and giving out and all you want to do is sit down. Your body is meant to move, not stay still.

Why you should get a LifeSpan Walking Treadmill (Such as TR1200-DT3):
LifeSpan seems to make the best, affordable walking treadmills. I've researched online, and walkers seem to agree that this treadmill, along with it's older brother (TR5000) seem to be the best that money can buy. Also, customer service for LifeSpan, while not perfect, seems to be better than the competition.

THINGS PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT
--------------------------------------------------
Beeping:
The beeps on this treadmill can be very annoying. This treadmill beeps when turned on, beeps when you start, does a 3 second beep countdown when you start, then beeps for every .1 mph that you go up. The treadmill always starts at .4 mph, so if you want to go up to 2 mph, that's 16 more beeps.
SOLUTION TO BEEPING:
There is now a solution to the beeping! If you would like to turn it off, you'll need to go into "Engineering Mode" in your console (Which is really Easy) and change it. They have directions on how to do it on their online manual here: [...]. Goto the section on "Engineering Mode", look for "Audible Alert" and follow the directions there.

Having to Press the Up Button 16 times everytime you start the treadmill to get up to 2 mph:
This can be certainly annoying, but no one has mentioned yet (from what I've seen) that this action takes less than 5 seconds to do because the console is extremely responsive. I've read many reviews saying this task keeps them from running their treadmill because they don't want to do this every 30 minutes. In my opinion, 5 seconds is not a lot of time, so I'm willing to go through this torture.
SOLUTION TO HAVING TO PRESS DOWN 16 TIMES:
There is now a solution to this issue! They have made it so you can set the speed and have it continue at that same speed after you pause. Again, you'll have to set an option in "Engineering Mode". To get into engineering mode, hold down "STOP" and the Up arrow until you get a different screen. Then press the Up Arrow 18 times until you see "F019". Press Enter, then Press the up key to set the option to "1". Then press Enter again and remove the safety key. Put the safety key back in and enjoy the magic.

WHY IS MY RATING SO LOW?
------------------------------------------------
My rating is so low because this treadmill came so scraped up and overall damaged, that I couldn't give it the 5 star review I wanted.

Details of the damage:
- Box had huge gashes of holes in it: The box came and the deliverers dropped it on my floor and left quickly, without letting me inspect it before they left. I've seen a lot of bad packages, but this one is by far the worst condition I've ever seen. Because of this, the following damages happened.
- Scrapes along both sides of the frame: The frame had a bunch of bad scratches along the sides. It looks ugly, but the frame itself was not bent or anything.
- Motor Cover was Completely Ruined: The Cover to the Motor had all 4 of its connectors shattered off, so it was pretty useless.
- Front-Right Wheel Shattered: The front-right wheel was shattered and couldn't rotate at all
- Monitor Connector extremely bent and couldn't fit cable: The place on the treadmill to connect the monitor was flattened. I was able to resolve this by taking pliers for several minutes and carefully bending the connector back into place, but it still looks very ugly even after doing that.

Why I didn't just return the treadmill:
- It's 133 lbs. and I needed a treadmill.
- The treadmill worked as intended, and that's the main thing I cared about.

Buy From LifeSpan Website!: The lifespan website gives you all the benefits of ordering online that amazon gives you, but they make positive that the quality is perfect before sending it to you, and make sure that the shipping goes smoothly, so I highly recommend just ordering from their site than going through amazon.

Warranty: I screwed up pretty bad on this one. They're warranty is pretty darn good, but you need to register within 30 days of purchasing, or else you don't get the warranty. So make sure you register right when you get this treadmill!

LifeSpan Customer Service: Their customer service is pretty darn good as well. I emailed them 2 months after I purchased the item, telling them about the damages to the treadmill and told them I wasn't covered on their warranty, but I just want to purchase the items that need to be fixed. They called me back the next day saying they have shipped the items and they'll be at my place in a couple days. I know the pieces that needed replacing (Motor cover and wheel) were pretty trivial, but it was great that they didn't even hesitate and just sent them.

WHY GET THIS SPECIFIC TREADMILL?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why LifeSpan?
As I said somewhere above, LifeSpan seems to have the hardiest, best-quality treadmills for the price. If you don't believe me, just research in Google for reviews of this treadmill (As you should do anyways, this is a pretty pricey device to not do research on...).

Why should you get this Walking treadmill instead of a normal treadmill?
Walking treadmills are meant for longer use per day. While normal treadmills (Like the TR1200i) can go much faster, you are only supposed to be on it for 1-2 hours per day. This treadmill, you are able to walk on it for 6 hours per day. Also, if this treadmill is for your desk, you are very rarely going to want to go above 2.5 mph, so you don't need the faster speeds.

Shock Absorption: Walking on this treadmill is extremely easy on your legs. It has a slight shock absorption that makes sure you can walk on this for hours without feeling any pain in your legs.

MAINTENANCE
-----------------------------------------
The manual recommends lubing up the belt every 40 hours. For me, every 40 hours is every 2 weeks (That's 3 hours a day). The site says you should lube it up every 50 hours, which would be 2 1/2 weeks. Just keep that in mind before buying a treadmill that you should lube it up every now and then to make sure you don't destroy the motor too quickly.

HOW TO KITTEN/CAT PROOF
-----------------------------------------
I think this is extremely important to add to this review, because I haven't seen any other reviews that have had this information. I have a kitten who is extremely cute and awesome, but he's a d**k. When the treadmill is moving (And I make sure to turn it way down before he does this) he bites the belt at the end. He would do this every time I had been walking for over 10 min. So here is a solution if you have a cat that's also a d**k.

Get these devices:
- Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster 120 volt (http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW)
- Woods 13569 Indoor Wireless Remote Control (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZTWYXY)

Directions:
1) Set up the wireless Remote Control Outlet (Leave it in off position for now)
2) Plug in Electric Duster to the Remote Control Outlet, but and have the Electric Duster in "on" position
3) Put the Electric Duster at end of treadmill pointing wherever you want to point it
4) Start using your treadmill, and when your cat/kitten is about to be a d**k and do something it shouldn't be doing, us the remote to turn on the outlet that will turn on the Electric Duster.

I don't like scaring my cat ever, but this is necessary to make sure he doesn't get hurt from the treadmill. It's a more feasible solution than "Keep your pets 10 feet away" solution that is in the lifespan manual. My apartment is a 10 foot box, so if I did that, either my pet would have to go or the treadmill would...

OTHER REGRETS:
---------------------------------
Should have gotten the TR5000: This treadmill runs perfectly for less than 6 hours a day. This is more than enough for most people's needs. However, you got to ask yourself, will I ever be on this treadmill for longer than 6 hours a day? I'm often at my desk for around 9 hours a day, so I do wish I go the TR5000 instead. However, most people trying to walk for longer than 6 hours on any day, so this treadmill is perfect for 95% of walkers.

CONCLUSION:
----------------------------------------
If you sit at your desk for a long time and want to be healthier, get a walking treadmill. You'll be amazed at how nice, easy and overall amazing how awesome working on a computer while walking is. I'd highly recommend this one because it's nice on the legs, has a wide walking area, and its parts are pretty good compared to the competition. If you just use the keyboard, you can easily walk 2 mph regularly. If you use the mouse a lot, you'll probably walk between 1 mph to 1.5 mph (At those speed, it's easy to use the mouse).

If you have other questions about anything I said, please comment and I'll get back to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Difference, August 13, 2013
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
I ordered the Lifespan treadmill and been using it for over a week at my desk.
I already spent 1K on the treadmill and didn't want to spend another 1K for a desk.
I already had a normal workspace desk so I decided to get creative :)

I built on top of the desk to extend the height of my keyboard and monitors.
On Stage KT7800 Plus Keyboard Bench - I use this for my keyboard and mouse. Holds a normal size keyboard and a small space for a mouse. I use a trackball mouse so I don't have to worry about gliding across a pad. The stand is soft on the wrists and works great.

I had a 2 shelve shoe rack and ordered a dual monitor mount to place on top Mount-It! Articulating Dual Arm Computer Monitor Desk Mount for 27-Inch Monitors (MI-752)

For less than $100 I was able to come up with a desk solution.

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 weeks now with treadmill desk. Lost 7 pounds and have walked 148 miles. So proud of myself, November 20, 2013
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
I did 4 stars because the constant beeping of pause mode to increase mode is kind of annoying. I like how quiet the treadmill itself is. I have a treadmill desk for five weeks now. Very hard transition to siting all day to walking all day. My feet are killing me at the end of the day and I can't wait to get home to my sundance spa. After keeping the foot jets on my feet for a half an hour I start feeling Human again. Can't seem to get the right shoes ( I have high arches) still I have lost 7 pounds and I don't feel tired in the afternoon like when sitting at my desk. I am getting more work done too. My back pain from poor posture is starting to leave. I have walked 148 miles to date. On my days off I can feel myself getting antsy and wanting to move. I have multiple sclerosis, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it but I am doing it and my focus at work has really improved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional, quiet, requires more interaction than i would prefer, January 2, 2014
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
All the 5 star reviews were helpful. I will focus here on things i would like to see improved.

The Bluetooth is nice but requires more interaction than i would like.

Bluetooth is occasionally flaky. Once i tell the treadmill and software I want it to be used, I would like to to perpetually reestablish connections when lost with me knowing. be silent and don't wait for me to confirm it is OK to reconnect. We are not running on battery power and the data begin transferred is not highly sensitive. Bypass the normal standards here and give me a maintenance free way to keep this thing operating. (even a checkbox that says "do not show me this retry dialog in the future: would be better.)

I would prefer to pair once and have the treadmill sync usage data automatically with my computer daily or hourly with the cloud.

I have this treadmill as a habit not as a workout device. I have no use for a distinction between "pause" and "stop" (Press an hold). But the software requires me to "stop" to sync data. Once i stop (rather than pause) the bluetooth disconnects. I suppose this makes sense in a gym, but at home and on a desk it is just a hassle.

This device is sitting on my desk in view of my peripheral vision when I am trying to focus on work. Please consider this in the design and provide mores that will not be constantly flashing LEDs and numbers in front of me. It is distracting.

Offices are often shared environments and beeping alarms noises can be distracting. Please give me a way to disable the beeps.

A suggestion i have for a design principle for this is "Set it and forget it" I am at work to focus on work. This device should help me live healthier without distracting me and forcing me to take more actions daily than is absolutely necessary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Motor died in 3 mo; Lifespan Customer Service LOUSY, February 15, 2014
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
Loved my treadmill desk before it died 3 weeks ago -- after less than 90 days of use. It was very difficult to get anyone on the phone, and once I convinced them to take the problem seriously, they took 3 weeks to schedule an appointment, then cancelled the appointment without letting me know. (Am currently trying to resolve.)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good NOT to be idle at a desk job, July 7, 2013
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
Loving the treadmill. I had a standing desk already and I love walking a few hours at work each day. Would highly recommend.

If the manufacture were to want to improve on this model, you have to single tap on the speed up button for each .1 MPH you want. It would be nice if you could hold it down. Also, I've had to tape the cord to the back and side for when I slide it in and out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed., May 1, 2013
This review is from: LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill (Sports)
Unfortunately, two of the plastic motor covers had cracked during shipment. Because these things are such a pain to deliver, move, etc. I contacted LifeSpan directly rather than arrange a return through Amazon. LifeSpan immediately sent me out new covers no-questions-asked, which I've since installed, and returned the unit to looking as factory-new as it is.

As for the actual treadmill unit, it's been a dream. It's very quiet (I use it with this mat: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HHDKUO), and the tethered console is really handy. I combined this treadmill with parts from IKEA to construct a treadmill desk that I love using every day.

If I could change /one/ thing about the treadmill, I'd have it remember my last speed when I get back on it after pausing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›