Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Color: Orange|Size: 22-Ounce|Change

on February 3, 2012
Great bottle, but I wanted to inform everyone that they have new bottles with flip-tops. If you search amazon for "lifefactory flip top", you can order this style. If you have the original style, you can buy just the new matching color top for your current bottle. I find the new style much more convenient because I prefer to take a sip or two, and recap the bottle, which only takes a quick flip.
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2011
It's not lightweight like plastic or metal; but then again, it's glass and not made in China. Not a bad tradeoff for no chemical or metallic aftertaste. The beverage taste is unaffected by the glass bottle. Only the cap is plastic, but the whole bottle and its components are independently tested to be free of BPA, phthalates, PVC, polycarbonates, lead and latex, according to the manufacturer. Components are made in France (bottle), United States (silicone sleeve) and Poland (cap).

Lifefactory Pearl White Glass Beverage Bottle 22 oz bottle
Lifefactory Sky Blue Glass Beverage Bottle 22 oz bottle
Lifefactory Red Glass Beverage Bottle 22 oz bottle.
on December 22, 2011
We bought our Lifefactory bottles this summer (mine is a 16 ounce and my husband's is this 22-ounce in dark blue, just as pictured). He hasn't been as careful with his as I have been with mine (he has tossed his around, dropping it once or twice). Mine's in great shape, and his actually has survived, though we honestly thought we cracked the bottom of his. There's a round-ish looking "crack" on the very bottom of his that isn't centered, but after testing it (we put water in it and sat it on a paper towel for a few days, and the water level remained the same and the paper towel wasn't wet), it seems that the round-ish shape must be a seam, rather than a crack.

Pros:
1. Look great (we get lots of compliments)
2. Peace of mind knowing we are drinking from BPA-free and lead-free glass
3. Sturdy (though I'm not about to test them by purposely dropping them on concrete or ceramic tile, etc.)
4. When the lid is on properly, there is no leakage
5. The taste of the water is really nice, especially when the lid & gasket within the lid are properly cleaned & dried (see tip below)

Cons:
1. The lid is tricky - you have to get the hang of putting it on properly and getting it to close with a good seal. You have to learn to differentiate when it's on correctly and when it's not, because when it's not, it leaks if not upright.
2. The cost could be considered a con, but then again sometimes you get what you pay for.

Tip:
To clean the lid properly, you'll want to gently pry the gasket out with a toothpick. Then clean gasket & lid with warm soapy water and let them fully dry before popping gasket back into lid. This will help avoid funky smells in that area, which end up transferring to the rim from which you drink. We learned this by experiencing the funky smells first, then realizing we should actually take the gasket out when cleaning the lid (maybe not every single time, but often enough).

We got my bottle during a "buy three 16 oz and get the fourth free" Amazon offer, so we got three more for our sisters. We also got my husband's at the same time, though it wasn't part of the special Amazon offer. With that kind of a deal, we felt like they were a good value for the product. They have been our staple drinking vessels since we bought them.

January 2012 update: My husband told me he dropped his again at work - it fell from his desk onto the concrete floor, and actually survived. So perhaps they are more rugged than I initially thought, though I still want to be careful with mine.

July 2012 update: in a humorous twist of "fate," I encouraged my husband to take my bottle (along with a plastic one he happened to have with him) on a quick canoeing trip he was going to take. I wanted to make sure he stayed hydrated, and his bottle wasn't with us at the time. He forgot my bottle was in the canoe when they got out of the water after the trip, and he turned his canoe over to load onto the trailer... down crashed my bottle onto the stony ground, and it unfortunately shattered into numerous pieces. The silicone sleeve helped hold them in, so the pieces didn't spread everywhere. So my bottle had a very useful life of 11 months. I would definitely buy this bottle again, and just not use it for such rugged outdoor activities... or maybe just keep it away from my daredevil husband! :)
on June 29, 2015
I ordered an orange 22 oz. bottle. I was excited, but when it arrived, it had a crack on the bottom. I discovered it when I carefully removed the silicone sleeve, to clean it for use. I ordered a replacement and sent the bottle back with a printed label.

The replacement I received today also had a circular crack running along the bottom of the bottle. It was the first thing I checked because of the previous one. Maybe it's a weak point in the glass? I've decided to get a refund and will send this one back too.

I haven't used either bottle because of the defects, so I can't give a review on performance. Just unlucky, I guess.

The first two photos are the first bottle. The last two photos are of the bottle I received today.
review image review image review image review image
on March 23, 2015
had it for less than 2 weeks and loved it until just now when i noticed a round crack on the bottom of the glass. expected it to be sturdier as my other life factory bottle lasted over a year without any damage
review image
on October 29, 2010
Having long tired of plastic bottles due to leaching and the potential health hazards they pose, I searched high and low for an economical alternative. I was very disappointed with stainless steel containers which can still be manufactured with toxic coating and thus sought to use glass exclusively. Until I bought the Lifefactory bottle, I was constantly washing and re-using other (smaller) glass bottles which often had flimsy caps.

When I first saw this product on Amazon, I balked at the price. In fact, I still do. However, it seems Lifefactory will benefit from my desperation for a healthier means of transporting beverages as I have seen nothing that even comes close.

I can recommend it for the following reasons:

1. The obvious top reason, it's not plastic.

2. It's large enough to help one stay hydrated during an 'average' (I'm going to say 1-2 hours) workout session.

3. It's got a convenient sturdy handle that screws on and off easily.

4. It's easy to wash. It says dishwasher-safe but I prefer to handwash to save water, so I can't verify that claim. Use warm soapy water, rinse, pat it dry with a towel, and you're fine.

5. It's easy to pour into. It being glass, I wouldn't recommend putting super-hot liquids in it.

6. It's not insanely heavy for a glass container. In an ideal world, it would be as light and strong as mithril but I'm sure I can manage.

7. It survived a poorly packaged Amazon box and only had a minor scratch. I was about to return it (whoever packaged it ALSO forgot the invoice/ return slip) and in my annoyance and preparation for a complaint, I decided to test it for leakage. Verdict: that long scratch which is nestled under the silicone cover has a noticeable depth to it but I'm not seeing or feeling anything come out and I'm inclined to keep this one.

My only suggestions to this wonderful product's creators would be to expand the colour choices and find a way to make the bottle more affordable. As with organic food, clothing, and cosmetics, it should be accessible to everyone.
on August 4, 2015
I bought one a few months ago to use for smoothies, and I like it so much I just bought another one (see images)! I make a big protein shake every morning to drink throughout the day, and I wanted something that is portable and seals well. These bottles are one of my best purchases on Amazon in the sense that I use them *every single day*. They go in the dishwasher just fine. Yes, if you're not a tiny bit careful you might spill on yourself (cause the opening is fairly large), and I get smoothie on the bridge of my nose sometimes from the upper rim of the opening, and my major complaint is that the lid sometimes takes a few "back and forth" twists to get it to lock in place so it'll close, but all-in-all this is a great bottle that I use a ton. My first one has stood up to months of every day usage.
review image
on September 9, 2012
The great things about this bottle are

1+ Made of glass, so no BPA or chemicals leaching into liquids
2+ Was not made in China, so no fear of lead, or other contaminants in product
3+ Being glass it doesn't impart a flavor to the liquids inside like metal or plastic bottles
4+ It can hold hot or cold liquids, I have poured hot coffee and iced drinks in it (not at the same time of course!)
5+ Sturdy, it is glass, but thick, and the silicone sleeve protects it from breakage. I have dropped it a couple of times and no cracks, even. It does have a small gouge from something though.
6+ It fits easily in the water bottle pocket of my backpack.
7+ The mouth is wide so it's very easy to clean
8+ The entire thing is dishwasher safe

The not so great things about this bottle:

1- It's very difficult to drink from, even after having it for close to 9 months I haven't mastered not spilling stuff on myself. I've learned not to drink things that stain clothes.
2- It's heavy. I've heard others complain about it, that their plastic or metal bottles are lighter, but I carry it every day and don't mind it at all. The pluses more than make up for the weight.

I recall Nalgene bottles had a silcone insert to help with the drinking spilling problem, I'm not sure if that is available for these bottles, or if that would fit inside. I'll have to look into it.
on April 12, 2013
This Bottle is wonderful, It holds up to 22oz or 650ml. The bottle is a beautifully designed Glass bottle says it was made in France. The opening is great for anyone to enjoy crisp tasting Liquid.The cover you see on the bottle is Made in the USA and is very strong and it feels like it is stuck to the bottle and it allows you to grip the bottle very nicely. The cover also allows you to not only see through it, it also has markings in both oz and ml on it. This feels Great in your hand and is very comfortable to use and handle. The Lid or Top is Made in Poland and it has a very stylist handle built right into the top allowing you to carry it or hook it on to something. The inside of the lid has an air tight rubber looking ring that seals air tight. This is the best water bottle I have ever had. I love the taste of my water and the design is amazing and thus I recommend this to all.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 9, 2013
I have had to replace my glass bottle due to the lid not screwing on properly. Mine also leaks. No matter how many times I redo the lid, it does not seal. Would not purchase again.