Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

on June 21, 2012
I purchased this unit for my grandmother who has a hard time heating her living room. The unit works ok but it didn't give off the power and heat like it should. I have a EdenPure unit that I love and the reason I purchased this unit was because it was very cheap and in the description it reads "4 commercial grade quartz heating elements (EdenPure heaters only have 3 elements)". LifeSmart is saying that their unit has more heating elements than the EdenPure but yet this unit cannot compare to the EdenPure unit. Why?

I wanted to know why the Lifesmart unit wasn't as strong as what was listed on Amazon so I opened the item up myself. As you can see from the video above this unit is a complete joke. It actually runs of a PTC heating element so the specifications are completely made up so that us customers are fooled. The price was reduced from $369.99 to $122.99, now we no why. Even the MODEL NUMBER listed below the product features is LS-HPTC15PB. It has PTC written in Model#, this should be a red flag.

Lifesmart is cheating and saying they use 4-quartz heating element when in fact they use 0. I demand I get a refund and get the correct unit next time. I hope that Amazon removes this item offline and investigates this on there own. If you have purchased this in the past I encourage you to stand up and demand refund for false advertisement. Don't let big companies get away with this!
1919 comments| 339 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2011
This heater is wonderful. It heats our hallway, living room, and kitchen solidly at 73 degrees. We live in the northern valley of Vermont where winter, and cold is half of your year.
I would completely recommend this product as a addition to your existing heating system. It does allow you to crank down the heat 8 degrees of whatever is normally
comfortable. Do not expect this heater to heat your entire house, that's not its purpose, unless you live in Florida or something.
I do foresee saving some propane this winter season so far, and hence it does it's job.
on February 15, 2012
When the heater did work - it only heat the area right in front of it.

I purchased my heater in November - it stopped working in January. Right outside the window for return. The Lifesmart Customer service never returned my call - instead send me an e-mail. Within the e-mail they offered no solutions - just confirmed that they would not replace the heater or provide a refund.

After reviewing the manual it states that they would provide replacement parts, or you can ship the unit at your cost! The customer service rep was very unhelpful.

I am disappointed I lost the money I invested in the heater. AND Lifesmart does not care that the heater is defective!
44 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
This is an re-write of a review I wrote not one month ago!! I've been using this product alongside of my baseboard heater, and not one month later I get an error... My Brand new life smart heater now blinks with an "E 1" error message, the instruction manual says nothing about it or how to handle it. On further investigation, I see that has happened to a lot of people!
The E1 error code indicates that the electronic control board detects an "open" thermistor which would need to be replaced. The 800# they give for this product leads to an answering machine message that says they'll get back to you within 48 hrs. It was nice for a couple weeks! Now I am out $100.oo and there is no hope other than replacement, and that is a lot of extra hassle that I am scared to even start!
44 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2012
Not terribly happy at the moment. The product works fantastic heating a chilly basement. It raised my power bill by a hundred dollars a month, but I was warm, so I was ok with that. After less than 3 months, it started shutting off for no reason. Even after waiting days and then turning it on, it still powers off after 3 minutes.

The seller referred me to the manufacturer, who took a week to answer an email, and after calling customer support promised me that a tech will call me back in two business days. I still haven't spoken to a tech, and had to buy a new heater for the interim. (This time from a local brick and mortar store with a return policy)

Call me old fashioned, but when you spend $160 on a product, it should last longer than 90 days!

This was not a good experience.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2011
We bought the metal sided LifeSmart heater last winter to supplement our furnace. I'd heard that it will really reduce heating costs. That part is true. We saved about $30 per month throughout winter. However, when I removed the product from the box and plugged it in the metal sides vibrated badly. There was a constant loud "hum" coming from the heater. It would quit buzzing when I put my hand on the side of it or placed a heavy book leaning against it. Well, that's not what I had in mind. I thought that the product had not been assembled properly so I boxed it up and returned it to the store. They gave me a new one and told me this was the first they'd heard about this problem. I took the new one home, plugged it in and...same thing! A loud buzzing noise. We kept it and placed it downstairs in the den. I guess one gets used to the noise after a while but not worth it. We also have an Eden Pure heater and it's much better. More expensive but well worth it. I hope this was helpful. Daniel
77 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2011
First of all, this was not purchased off Amazon but from a local "outlet" store that had them for sale. Looking at the price here on Amazon, the outlet was still less....

Reading the reviews and the owners manual, I'm surprised. It does say in the manual to use a dedicated circuit of it's own (yes, odds are people will not have one, or will ignore this). It also says that one should not use extension cords (but I'm sure people will). Doing one or both of these will void the warranty....(shrug).

I have experienced the issue of having to set the heat high to get it to turn on or set it cold to turn off. Not as extreme as one reviewer. The manual does state that the temperature near the floor will be different from what a thermometer on the wall will read. I have a thermometer sitting on a coffee table so gets a reading of temperature closer to the floor.

Without hearing another Life Smart unit, I can not give a comparison on how loud my unit is to each other. The only comparison I can make is with a different manufacture/brand owned by a friend (another reviewer owned two of this type of heater and noted that the Life Smart was louder.) That heater owned by my friend is MUCH quieter then the Life Smart. In order to know that the fan is on that heater, you have to put your hand in front to see if it is blowing heat out (or the room has to be 100% quiet- no tv or radio). The Life Smart, you can hear the fan, sometimes I have to turn up the TV just to hear if the unit is close by. There is no vibration of the outside case as in another review, but the fan is loud compared to my friends IR heater of similar design (different manufacturer-they paid $350 for it 2-3 years ago).

The heater is used to supplement the house heater. As pointed out by another reviewer, the thermostat is in a different location & allows rooms farther (or lower) then it to be cooler. I have not used it all night, as I shut it down when finished with that room.

Over all, it seems to be working as stated. I have no idea how long it will last (on reviewer stated it lasted 1 year). If I get 3 years out of it, I suppose I will be happy based on the price I paid. I was going to purchase a different, higher cost brand being sold at a local membership warehouse (Winter 2011/2012). I can say this much, compared to the demo unit in the membership warehouse, the Life Smart is louder (that would be comparing it to two different manufactures).

Does it work? Yes, it heats up the room. Read the manual & the FAQ's if you buy one. Is it worth the money? Yes, but I got it slightly lower then units I see here on Amazon. Would I recommend it? Maybe. Personally I would like a quieter unit (like my friends & like the one I saw at the membership warehouse).
on December 15, 2011
Like most, I read many many reviews for this item and many just like it. I chose this one for what it claims to do vs the needs I had.

Regardless of what it claims or doesn't claim - it clearly states the heat output (5100btu) and the energy used to create that heat (1500w). As far as energy efficiency, used as a "zoned" heating source, it may or may not be cheaper to run for some, but the element I was looking at was how effective it would be at delivering the heat to a large space. It claims its good for up to 1,000sq ft but the space I needed supplemental heat for was a little more than half of that.

That being said on to my first concern, noise. It is very quiet! I read some reviews that claimed it was noisy because of the metal construction (as opposed to the wood material used it other models, but I took the chance because... wood burns easier than metal?). There was no rattling, annoying or unexpected noises. There is a fan that blows the heat around more effectively but even that is no louder than other heaters I have had in the past.

The heat comes on quickly, I could feel it across the room I use it in almost instantly. There was a few comments on the thermostat, but I have had no issues.

The unit remains cool the touch even after bringing the room to a comfortable temp.

The remote works just fine. The unit is larger than most portable heaters but appears sturdy and is easy moved around if needed.

Overall I am very excited with my purchase, it has come through on its promises for the things I hoped it would.

The shipping from the buyer was faster than promised - another plus.
on December 21, 2011
Over the years we have tried many different electric heaters and nothing compares to this one. First we love the fact that it is not hot to touch which works out great with our granddaughter living with us plus this thing heats so well. We love it. This is one of the best purchases I have ever made. And trust me if my wife loves it then it has to be good. She has always complained about other heater not heating properly but not with this one. Awesome deal. I did read all the negative reviews before I purchased but have found none of those issues with mine. God Bless and Happy Holidays Everyone!
on March 20, 2012
I am not pleased with this item at all. The date for the return policy was 1/31/12 and the unit stopped working on 2/4/12 and I have been working on returning the item ever since it stopped working. First I was told I would need to deal with the manufacturer regarding the problem. Then I was given permission to return this item and it cost $57.99 to ship the item back to VM Innovations. I do not trust that another unit will work properly, and I would have to spend another $57.44 to return the second one, so I requested a refund. I may have another one shipped out or receive a credit with VM Innovations that I may use for something else. In the meantime we have been without a heater since 2/4/12, current date 3/20/12, while I contacted the manufacturer, the vendor, and amazon. This has been a costly experience that if I had purchased at Walmart or Costco I would have been able to return on 2/4/12 when the heater stopped working.