5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice assembly
Very sturdy assembly and full size hoop. So far its been a lot of fun. I only wish they provided a drain plug for the base. You can still drain by removing the two top filler caps and tipping it to the side though.
Published on May 11, 2007 by Tecate

2.0 out of 5 stars Great hoop - rust an issue
Published on May 4, 2011 by G. Peterson

2.0 out of 5 stars Great hoop - rust an issue, May 4, 2011
G. Peterson (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifetime 44 Inch Acrylic Fusion Backboard Poolside System (Sports)
First, let me start with the positives. This is a great product out of the box. The plastic base, when filled with water, holds the pole and backboard securely. Metal hardware is heavy-weight and powder-coated an attractive blue color. Two screws / bolts allow you to adjust the angle of the pole (easy) as well as the height of the backboard and rim (moderately difficult). The backboard is attractive and substantial and the rim and net are high-end. This is the best basketball system I have found for a pool in that it feels like you are shooting hoops on a real backboard and not some cheap toy. It is not EXACTLY the same as shooting on an in-ground system, in that the pole wiggles a little and the backboard gives a little, but it is close enough considering you are in a pool :)

The big downside for this product is rust. I have owned this for three years and it is starting to degrade - large flakes of rust are falling into the pool and it appears that this will be its last year. It is rusting at the bottom of the pole, where the angle brackets meet the pole - even the rim is rusting (and discoloring the net). I live in Southern California where it never rains, so the rust issue is surprising. For a heavy steel pipe to rust completely through in a few years is unusual - I have steel all around the outside of our house that does much better (steel fencing, steel gates, etc). I hope they either improve the metal they use, or figure out some other solution.

UPDATE: This is such a good product that I threw out my old one (it rusted) and bought a new one. Perhaps it is wishful thinking on my part, but after one year with the new product, there is only the tiniest sign of rust on any parts. At the end of the summer I will take the unit down, clean it, and seal any rusting areas with clear epoxy. Just be aware that this maintenance is part of owning this basketball system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice assembly, May 11, 2007
Tecate (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wood highy reccomend., May 13, 2007
Works great. I would order it again. I will also be able to use it as a basketball goal for my kids during the pool off-season. It will take 2 people to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basketball goal, July 28, 2008
We bought this basketball goal for our pool and have been very happy with it. Our son uses it constantly and it is holding up great. It was what we were expecting and we would recommend this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Pool BB hoop, September 2, 2006
This is a great pool basketball hoop. Very heavy duty to support the big jams and it looks good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted through after two pool seasons and it became a hazard., June 2, 2014
I run a community pool - The Price was right for this for sure - very sturdy. But it should last more than two pool seasons... yes? I just had to take it to the dump because the rusted steel parts became so rusted it was a hazard to put by the community pool ledge any longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pool fun, May 29, 2014
Bought this to replace an in ground basketball goal that had rusted. Looked at other systems but I liked the portability and sturdiness of this goal. It's higher above the pool than other goals we've had but it makes it more of a challenge. For the smaller kids, I bought a smaller ball. I'd recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it. If it came with stainless steel nuts ..., July 15, 2014
Kids love it. If it came with stainless steel nuts and bolts I would have given it a 5 star rating. I will probably replace all the bolts with SS myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars good all around product but rust is beggining to come, July 14, 2014
Overall this is a very good product. Rust is beginning to appear around the rim and some other spots on the hoop within a month of use. Other than that it seems fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Others decide to buy one, July 8, 2014
We have only had the Life Time goal for a couple weeks so I can't really comment on its durability. It was easy for two people to assemble, it would be more difficult to do so by yourself.
The backboard and rim give good feed back when playing. Others who have played with it in our pool have decided to buy a Life Time for their pool.

Rate and Discover Movies