5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice assembly
Very sturdy assembly and full size hoop. So far its been a lot of fun. I only wish they provided a drain plug for the base. You can still drain by removing the two top filler caps and tipping it to the side though.
Published on May 11, 2007 by Tecate

2.0 out of 5 stars Great hoop - rust an issue
Published on May 4, 2011 by G. Peterson

2.0 out of 5 stars Great hoop - rust an issue, May 4, 2011
G. Peterson (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifetime 44 Inch Acrylic Fusion Backboard Poolside System (Sports)
First, let me start with the positives. This is a great product out of the box. The plastic base, when filled with water, holds the pole and backboard securely. Metal hardware is heavy-weight and powder-coated an attractive blue color. Two screws / bolts allow you to adjust the angle of the pole (easy) as well as the height of the backboard and rim (moderately difficult). The backboard is attractive and substantial and the rim and net are high-end. This is the best basketball system I have found for a pool in that it feels like you are shooting hoops on a real backboard and not some cheap toy. It is not EXACTLY the same as shooting on an in-ground system, in that the pole wiggles a little and the backboard gives a little, but it is close enough considering you are in a pool :)

The big downside for this product is rust. I have owned this for three years and it is starting to degrade - large flakes of rust are falling into the pool and it appears that this will be its last year. It is rusting at the bottom of the pole, where the angle brackets meet the pole - even the rim is rusting (and discoloring the net). I live in Southern California where it never rains, so the rust issue is surprising. For a heavy steel pipe to rust completely through in a few years is unusual - I have steel all around the outside of our house that does much better (steel fencing, steel gates, etc). I hope they either improve the metal they use, or figure out some other solution.

UPDATE: This is such a good product that I threw out my old one (it rusted) and bought a new one. Perhaps it is wishful thinking on my part, but after one year with the new product, there is only the tiniest sign of rust on any parts. At the end of the summer I will take the unit down, clean it, and seal any rusting areas with clear epoxy. Just be aware that this maintenance is part of owning this basketball system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice assembly, May 11, 2007
Tecate (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Pool BB hoop, September 2, 2006
This is a great pool basketball hoop. Very heavy duty to support the big jams and it looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basketball goal, July 28, 2008
We bought this basketball goal for our pool and have been very happy with it. Our son uses it constantly and it is holding up great. It was what we were expecting and we would recommend this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wood highy reccomend., May 13, 2007
Works great. I would order it again. I will also be able to use it as a basketball goal for my kids during the pool off-season. It will take 2 people to put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, May 11, 2013
So far so good, decent install, needed wife to help with one part but the rest was easy. I would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Hoop but shop for price, July 23, 2010
Bought this hoop for my high school son. I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids with a built in pool unless they are phenomenal at treading water. It's great for teens and older

Installation will take 2 persons, possibly a third to attach the rim. The instructions are misleading. I contacted the manufacturer about the "middle" pole referenced multiple times in the instructions. They told me the instructions were wrong and that there wasn't a middle pole with this system.

Most importantly, shop around for price. I found it for $80 dollars less directly from the manufacturer. Amazon doesn't match price and I was too lazy to disassemble and return it. Today I see it has been reduced on Amazon by $40 bucks since I purchased it last month.

4.0 out of 5 stars super solid; not exactly movable, June 17, 2013
It took me about an hour to put it together with about 2 minutes of help from my wife. There are a few mystery parts left over. It is solidly built and looks like it will outlast my kids' interest. When filled with water, the base is very heavy making very difficult to move. I guess that's good for stability but I had hoped to be able to routinely wheel it around so I could easily roll out my pool cover from that side of the pool.

The hoop came with a ball though it is not stated in the description. I don't know if that is routinely done by Lifetime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Pool Goal, April 2, 2014
The goal is actually not that many separate parts.
Nuts/Bolts/Washers are separated in labeled bags for ease of use.
This does not come with a Basketball.
Easy to assemble but definitely takes 2 people.

Very happy with the quality of the goal.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, April 1, 2014
Goal did not come with all of the parts needed to assemble the unit and it did not include a basketball.

ARRAY(0xa9481fe4)