5.0 out of 5 stars the good ol days!
Published on May 20, 2010 by Yolanda B. Clay

3.0 out of 5 stars Pole is good, ball isn't
This comes with a 3 piece pole which was easy enough to setup. I filled the base with water, but plan to fill with sand later. The pole/base unit and tetherball line attachement all work well. My kids enjoy playing with it.

The ball however is cheaply made. The stitching came undone after 4 days of play and is now useless.

Overall, the price is...
Published on March 16, 2010 by Therese Huning

5.0 out of 5 stars the good ol days!, May 20, 2010
This review is from: Lifetime Portable Tetherball System with Extra Soft Tetherball (Sports)
i love this tetherball set! i bought it for the kids, but me and my husband really enjoy playing with it! NOTE: it calls for 150lbs of sand. unfortunately, when i went to get the sand, it does not list the weight. if you go to lowes or walmart, it takes 3 and 1/2 bags to fill it up. i've seen people say that the ball loses it's color out in the sun, well, instead of taking it down everyday, i just take a plastic grocery bag and tie it around the ball when not in use, easy fix!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pole is good, ball isn't, March 16, 2010

Overall, the price is right for the pole/base but expect to have to purchase a decent ball after your purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good...., February 6, 2012
K.H. (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
We bought this about a week ago for my son's 11th birthday.
So far, so good. The pole is very durable, as well as the string and base. The ball appears to be surviving so far, but I don't think it would last more than one season if left out in the sun (ultraviolet degradation).

We filled up the base with water instead of sand. The kids complained that the pole flops around compared to the in-ground system at their school, but they got used to it. The system is not in danger of tipping. They also complained about the base being in the way of their 'tether-attacks' but again, they adapted and are jumping all over the base as they play.

The system has a round base so it can be easily rolled out of the way. A little too heavy for the kids to do this by themselves, but my wife has no problem.

I debated getting a system with a ground insert for the back yard or this system for the driveway and am pretty pleased with my decision, since it can be easily moved out of the way and the grass in the back yard doesn't get ruined.

The kids have played with this thing every day since they got it, even attracting several of the neighborhood kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tetherball - I really Like It But More Time WIll Tell........, March 30, 2010
NoBuddiesFool (WINCHESTER, CA, US) - See all my reviews
The product arrived on the day it was scheduled. Very easy to put together and although it recommends a two person operation, one person could do it carefully as well. I did have an early issues come up when just after a weeks of use by my 8 year old. The ball tore on the seam where the rope was attached. I called the manufacture and it was replaced immediately and the customer service agent was aware of this issue on prior calls. She was very accommodating and courteous during the entire conversation and validated that the manufacture was standing behind their product and warranty. Very appealing to me now-a-days. As the usage and durability will be measured more effectively in the near future for now I can say that I do like the product and will like it even more if it weathers the time and usage by my kids. I believe its worth giving it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 16, 2011
My daughter loves the tetherball. I did an extensive search online for the best deal and this was it. It is easy to put together and it is definitely worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable Tetherball System, May 13, 2010
This is hours of enjoyment for the kids (or yourself)! Easy to asemble, durable, doesn't tip over when the ball gets hit hard. It is heavy when you try to move it around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, January 12, 2010
Ann Stone (Salt Lake City) - See all my reviews
This is a terrific answer if your kids want a tetherball system and you don't want to deal with cementing a pole in an old tire. It's durable, regulation height, and it shipped super fast (and free!). My family loves it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ball was DOA, service was good, though ..., November 30, 2011
Santa brought this, in 2010.

After Mrs. Claus spent about 30 minutes with the tiny hand pump and getting frustrated that the ball wasn't getting hard, we realized that the ball had a hole and was leaking air as fast as the (super tiny) hand pump was putting it in there.

As soon as Santa was open, again, after the holidays and able to take customer service calls, we got on the horn with Lifetime and they were happy to send out a new ball, after I emailed them confirmation of my recent order from Amazon. The new ball arrived in about a week. The kids didn't seem to mind, when the woke. They didn't know what it was. I thought it was a great idea and I can remember my sister and I duking it out on the tetherball court. I figured my girls might enjoy investing some of their energy at the same. But, really, it was foreign to them; they thought Santa brought them a "pole."

Nowadays, they really enjoy playing, as do the other kids on the block.

The unit was kind of a chore to assemble, but durability will do that to a thing. A year later, the unit doesn't show the slightest sign of wear, despite being stored outside in the Texas heat. It's sturdy but easy to move, since the base is round and can be rolled once tilted on its side. The string is durable. The ball is very high quality, with a nice balance between density and cushion. The thing at the top of the pole to which the ball attaches is pretty impressive, too. This thing will probably last longer than I will.

So, it has been a pleasure to own and would have gotten a clear 5-star rating, if it weren't for the DOA ball on freakin' Christmas Eve ... support was friendly and you probably won't get a DOA ball, anyway. Happy tethering!

3.0 out of 5 stars The ball is defective, April 7, 2012
As with many reviews, the ball is poor and mine popped on first air fill - and no I did not over inflate it. Amazon was great in giving me credit to get another ball. I love Amazon's customer service. They have always been fair. I purchase a lot from Amazon and LOVE them!

Haven't had time to use the Tether ball yet because of the ball, but so far just the ball seems to be a problem among many buyers, including me. Got mine for $85.00 during a special after Thanksgiving and I would do it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 10, 2010
J. Ojeda (Brea, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This system is awesome! My son LOVES it. He play with it everyday after school. Best purchase ever. Highly recommend it. Easy to put up & doesnt need alot of space. We live in a condo & had enough room on our back patio.

Lifetime Portable Tetherball System
$169.99 $137.00
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies