5.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime Basketball System
I ordered this item for my grandson and he has enjoyed it so much. I was pleased to receive this item and found that it could be assembled very easily and was very sturdy. I recommend this for anyone with children 6 years of age or more.
Published on June 27, 2011 by Carolyn

2.0 out of 5 stars Not completely satisfied...
Good looking Basketball System and the kids have a lot of fun with it.
Be careful when you assemble it because the instructions are only figures with no explanations. The tricky part is when a tube has to slide into another tube. There is just one image and there are no labels on the tubes to help understanding the step.
The other problem is that when the ball...
Published on January 10, 2012 by Meola Crispino Alfredo

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime Basketball System, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime 90040 Height-Adjustable Portable Basketball System with 44-Inch Backboard (Sports)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not completely satisfied..., January 10, 2012
Good looking Basketball System and the kids have a lot of fun with it.
The other problem is that when the ball hits the backboard it doesn't bounce because the backboard is not rigid enough and it absorbs the shot.
Other problem is the base, not that strong, it's better not to step on it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, January 18, 2012
Purchased this as a backyard practice goal for 5-10 year olds. It is great for that purpose, but might not be quite sturdy enough for older players. Cannot beat the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime Portable Basketball System, May 17, 2012
I was thrilled to find a portable full-sized basketball system that I could afford. We live on a "city-sized" lot with a small paved patio, but my 3rd grade grandson wanted to practice shooting to a full-sized (and full height) hoop. Even though there are no words in the instructions, this 61+ grandma was able to assemble it herself (of course I am used to IKEA's directions!). Since I knew I wanted it full height, I assembled it to the top adjustment ON THE GROUND and did not raise the pole or attach the brackets that go between the pole and the base until I was finished. It was tricky raising the pole alone when finished with the other stuff (probably should have had two adults then) but sliding it to the grass first so it wouldn't roll too easily when trying to raise the pole was the answer. I then attached the brackets from the base to the pole (they were already attached loosely to the base). NOTE: Each hardware package contained 1 extra washer. Don't worry if you have leftovers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap hoop., December 4, 2011
Looks good in the pictures.This system has a lightweight blowmolded backboard and a cheaply made base.The height adjustment really doesn't work because you need two people to adjust it and you must lay it down to raise or lower the hoop. This system would be suitable for young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality at an Excellent Price, January 17, 2012
Very good quality set, and the price is a steal (I paid about $100). I can not imagine why anyone would want to pay twice or more for a portable system. I bought this for my kids. It is perfect for younger ages (8 and 12) as it can be set at lower heights, but it works well for teens too (good range of heights). Assembly can be a little difficult - if you are not good at building or putting stuff together, you might need help. But once built, the board and hoop are "solid".

4.0 out of 5 stars Good driveway basketball hoop., December 17, 2011
I bought this for my thirteen year old daughter who is on JV at the middle school and had never played basketball before. With 2 people, it was not hard to put together, but it does take an hour or more. It works as expected, the only negative is that when the ball hits the backboard, it vibrates the whole hoop and backboard. However, it is good for shooting around and playing horse, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my growing boy., July 24, 2013
My son is 7 yrs old, Were hoping that he will like basketball. It's a great size that will grow with him as he gets older. Paid $120, free shipping. Good value for the price. My husband put it together by himself. he filled it with water instead of sand.

4.0 out of 5 stars great!, March 17, 2012
Great hoop! My 4 teenage boys love it! Easy to put together. It took less than 2 hours. I recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic hoop., September 6, 2013
Shipping was fast. If you want a good basic hoop this is OK. It might be worth spending more money and getting a better one. The way this one is adjustd for height is not that good. It is working well for us because my grandchildren are young and we have left it on the lowest setting.

Rate and Discover Movies