5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published on April 19, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Service
If you ever need replacement parts for this climber you are out of luck. I tried for more than 2 months to get parts. I was quoted $5.07 for each part and $112 for the shipping. I needed 2 parts. Do not buy this unless you are looking for a disposable toy.
Published on August 12, 2010 by Tower

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 19, 2010
Amazon Customer (Villa Ridge, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center (Sports)
This dome is awesome! Very sturdy. My four kids climb all over this thing and it never moves. It is well made and fairly simple to assemble. My husband and I put it together in an afternoon. Definitely took us a few hours. It is heavy but we are able to move it when we mow the lawn. I also have a shed by Lifetime and see the same quality they always deliver. Great item!

Update 3 1/2 years later...still love this thing! It still looks like it did the day we assembled it. No color change and no rust anywhere. We have lots of nieces and nephews still climbing all over it and it is still very sturdy and holding up very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, October 27, 2011
After considering this for a while, we decided the kids needed something to play on and expel all that energy! It came in a smaller box that had been beat up in transport...However...it worked out that all the pieces were there and it is fairly simple to put together. It does take two people, and about 2ish hours. Not bad for a 10'x10'x5' climber. The grips are a nice touch. All four of our children play on it at the same time (4-11 year olds). They like to hang upside down and some like to take a book and read sitting on the very top. It is large enough to be enjoyable, yet small enough to not take up the yard (plus it looks so much better than the trampoline!). The colors are nice and the construction is solid. Moving it is easliy accomplished with two adults. I bet it will have blankets strewen on it to make a fort one day...double the function & fun! A great alternitive to the slide, swing sets that often have a short usage span, and a fantastic price to get something delivered to your door. We are very happy with our purchase of this climber.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, but big for Toddlers...Will provide many yrs use., April 25, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center (Sports)
It took my Husband and Dad about 2 hours to put this together. Not too hard, the instructions were clear, pieces were all there.

My children, ages 2 and 3, LOVE it! Both have to use a step stool to reach the first rung though, and they are both still too scared to go all the way to the top without mom's help.

I've climbed on it all the way to the top myself and hung upside down from the bars and did the classic "flip" off the top rung. This was my test run and it held up beautifully with not even a sign of give. (125lb female)

The materials used are strudy and smooth and should provide years of fun for my children. I just look forward to the days when they are old enough to use it without mom's help! :) Won't be too long and I'm sure at that time I'll be wishing they needed my hlep.

WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

Update - My children are now 4 and 5 and this monkey bar set is still in perfect shape. It has weathered KY summers and winters with ease. The powdered coating on the bars has held up well and there is no rust to be seen. The monkey bar set is still a huge hit with my two little monkies who can now climb to the top without mom's help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Years of Play Ahead!, August 2, 2010
This review is from: Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center (Sports)
We got this for our daughter's 3rd birthday. When we built it, we were a bit worried that we got it too soon and she would be too young for it since the first horizontal bar is about at her eye level. Already, she climbs to the first level and shimmies around the whole dome. She used the inside the other day as the "club" area for her friends where they were either in or out. They used it as "jail" another day. And a spaceship another day. A tarp over the top makes a shady cave. All this and the monkeying, swinging, flipping, climbing are all yet to come. This is going to be a great piece of equipment for MANY years for our daughter AND her little brother.

To speak to the quality, it is EXTREMELY solid and well-built. It feels public park solid. I am a whole lotta woman and I can climb on it. My husband can too.

Assembly went quick with 2 people. We had no issues. I am a tiny bit measurement challenged so didn't realize just how big it would be until we had assembled it. It really is awesome. It is exactly what we expected and wanted. She is loving it (and she can't even get to the top yet!). We are now the go to backyard for all of the neighbor kids (ages 3 to 9).

4.0 out of 5 stars kids love it, January 30, 2010
I have 3 grandkids 3,3,4 and they all loved the dome,But I have to say
it was a little hard to put together,
but all in all i think it's a great product.

I am reposting will have had the dome for 3 years now. and my grandkids still play on it. I now have a new 10 month old grand son who i am sure will enjoy it just as much as his brother and cousin's have. The dome is still sturdy and no rust. I can said it was worth the money.
only down side was putting it together. you really have to read the instructions...LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Glad that I purchased this!, May 15, 2012
I have been looking at swing sets off and on for probably a year. I have three kids 13 (almost), 11 and 4. We use to have one of those metal cheaper swing sets when the two older ones were little but it got nasty and we had to throw it out. I was looking for something sturdy and possibly wood when I came upon this lifetime brand of outside playground equipment. I first noticed the good reviews on this dome and I just had to give it a try. I thought it looked like so much fun and I knew the older ones would want to clown around on it too. Well, that is exactly what happened. They all love it! It's so sturdy and my husband had no problems putting it together. He did say that the directions show you how to build something and real small underneath it it says to repeat it 5 times. Maybe the people that have complaints about the directions aren't seeing that small typing. The earthtone color is fabulous! I definitely prefer it over the primary colors. I am now waiting on the Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure playset in earthtone to go along with our dome. It's sturdy enough for the older ones and will grow with the youngest. By the way, the dome is a very nice size. I also got it for at a great price...$189!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dome! But not great instructions., July 16, 2011
The climbing dome is really fun and sturdy. The kids LOVE it. My only complaint is with the instruction manual. It was often unclear. A few times we had to back up and undo some of our work when we realized we were doing it wrong at a few steps. Luckily there were two of us collaborating on the steps and trying to decipher the manual, and my husband is really good at building things so we eventually got it done right. The dome arrived by Fedex sooner than we expected it, so that was a nice bonus too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this climber but instructions have errors., December 21, 2012
S. E. Seater (Raleigh, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is repeated under Primary Colors, but I bought Earthtones which make the structure look smaller in the yard. I feel like I should downgrade the product because of the problems with the directions, but the product so far is so satisfactory that I have relented.

We bought this for our grandchild's yard and think it will be wonderful and very sturdy. We bought it cheaper as a WalMart special for Xmas 2012 with free pickup at the store. FYI, the box is heavy so you would need help to get it into and out of your car, but the box dimensions are 40 inches long x 24 inches wide x 7 inches deep, so the box should fit in any backseat. When completed, one person can stand inside and move the dome several yards for mowing, etc.
The first problem with the instruction book is that our pale metallic brown and dark green rods were diagrammed as dark and light respectively, which was confusing.
Second, the initial step is to make 5 separate units, but the book said to make one Unit and then "repeat 5 times". The book also labeled one crucial joint with the wrong code.
Third, about tools. The instructions say that assembly requires a hex (Allen) wrench and a socket wrench with a 1/2" socket. That is wrong. In the early stages of the assembly, a standard socket is not deep enough to tighten the first nut that you put on the long bolts. That first nut does not require a socket wrench and can be tightened using a regular wrench. So for the first nut you need either a deep socket or a standard wrench. However, when you put the handles on the ends of the bolts at the last step of the assembly, you do need a socket wrench. For that, a regular socket is sufficient, but of course a deep socket can handle it, too. So what you need for assembly are the following:
(1) a hex (Allen) wrench
(2) either
(A) a deep 1/2" socket wrench
or
(B) both of the following
(i) a regular 1/2" socket wrench
and
(ii) any one of the following:
(a) a 1/2" box wrench
(b) a 1/2" open-end wrench
(c) an adjustable (Crescent) wrench
Only one person was needed initially to open the box, take inventory (which included one extra knob and one extra set of bolt, washers, and nut), lay out the 5 initial units and assemble them, about a half hour. Thereafter a second person was vital to hold the units up in place for assembly around the dome. We had 3 adults, with the third person giving out the needed parts and reminding the assembler of the order to place the rods on the bolts.
We had a large level area for assembly, and took almost 3 hours from starting to open the carton to gathering the waste at the end. At one point the grand-daughter of 27 months came out and ran in and out of the "doors", slowing us down, but the snow and cold sent her back indoors.
We followed the advice of another reviewer not to tighten any joints by tool until the assembly was on the last steps, since inevitably some joints have to be corrected, and a number of the joints have to be unscrewed for more rods to be added as the assembly progresses.
The metal rods will not be a problem in summer heat, the reviewers said, but the rods felt cold at freezing temperatures.
We are very pleased (5 stars) with the product overall and anticipate a lot of interest. The family already has a parachute that will be fun to put over it. But the assembly problems made me want to take off one star. Since you are now forewarned, I urge you to get this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 24, 2010
This review is from: Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center (Sports)
The kids absolutely love their new "jungle gym". It's very sturdy. You really do need 2 people to put it together tho. It's not difficult, just alot of pieces and hard to hold while screwing in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, relatively easy to assemble, and fun!, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime Geometric Dome Climber Play Center (Sports)
This climbing dome has proven to be a great deal of fun for our kids. We have three boys: 6, 6, and 3. They are all over this thing. It is big enough to be fun, but not so tall as I worry about them falling off, and the hand holds make falling much less likely. I found assembly to be easy...as long as you have two people. We laid out all the base sections (three pieces per section) and assembled them loosely. Then it was a matter of attaching all the connecting pieces. Once the base level is loosely assemebled, it is easy to add the top sections. There is quite a bit of bolting and unbolting to add additional pieces to the intersecting joints, but as as long as you don't tighten them this is easy and allows you to build the entire structure. After we had everything loosely attached I went through and tightened each point of intersection completely and added the hand holds. Having an electric drill made this much easier. The second person gave me someone to hold all the pieces together so I could easily lace the bolts through each piece. They are all color-coded and labeled making assembly easier. One word of caution is to pay attention to the order of the pieces at each point of intersection. It does matter which are on the outside and which are sandwiched between the others. This is explained well in the instructions, but it is easy to forget as you assemble numerous sections. It took two of us less than an hour to assemble. Then we picked it up and moved to its permanent location. This dome is very sturdy with excellent materials. I am 200 lbs and it supports me with ease. I am very pleased with it...especially considering the price. I highly recommend!

Rate and Discover Movies