4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - But Had Problems
Published on September 7, 2011 by Jeegar

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 6, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
Purchased for my 5 year old son. He loves it. Very well constructed for the $$. Easy to move, once you've done it once. Easy to put together, minus the !##@!@#*&^ plastic that's inside one of the poles!!!!! Still not sure it's purpose other to make me string together multiple cuss words. Would recommend more expensive model if planning on any dunking. Also would use water in base instead of sand because it took longer to fill than to assemble. I would say great for ages up to 9 or 10. Would definitely recommend to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the money, November 5, 2010
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
Perfect for my 7 year old son. Easy to roll in and out of the garage. Used sand in the base and it is very sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
Purchased for my soon to be 4 year old grand son and almost 9 year old grand daughter. The 4 year old absolutely loves it. He can use it on the first setting using a light weight ball. The hoop is a little too high for him to use a regular basketball. He wants to play with it all the time. This system will grow with him for many years. The almost 9 year old needs the hoop higher and enjoys it because she is a basketball player and this has a regular size hoop. Very sturdy with filled base. Glad I purchased this one instead of a cheaper model. Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basketball system for 4-9 year old, February 19, 2011
Nitin GUPTA "Nitin K G" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
We were having hard time finding a sturdy good product, that can be played by 4 to 9 year old kids. This one has just the right height settings. Construction quality looks solid. We enjoy it at every sunny occassion

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
I bought this basketball goal as a Christmas present for my seven year old son. It is the perfect size for him and he loves it so much that he plays with it everyday! We live in a neighborhood where you cannot leave basketball goals out in your driveway or install them on the outside of your home. This goal works great because I lower it and bring it into the garage whenever my son is done. It fits well in our garage and is easy to bring in and out for my son to play with. We have been very satisfied with this purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - But Had Problems, September 7, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
The base of this product started leaking water right away, although it is recommended to fill it with sand. Then one of the wheels broke off the first day, so one could not roll it around. I called the manufacturer and they sent me a new base right away. Everything is good with the new base and so far it is holding up. Overall, ignoring the initial problems I had with this, this seems to be a good product. Appropriate for kids up to 10 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, May 28, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
We purchased this for our almost 4 year old and 7 1/2 year old. It was very easy to put together and normally we hate putting things together. It took us about 1 hour to put together. It definitely took 2 adults to finish.
As far as durability, time will tell. It seems fairly sturdy. The backboard is fairly easy to adjust, 1 adult can do it. Its just 1 screw and lift the board.
We looked at several places before deciding on this goal. We wanted something that both the boys could enjoy and so could mom & dad. This goal is perfect for that! We have really enjoyed using it!
Would I buy this again? Definitely!
Would I recommend to a friend? YES!
If you have small children that are wanting to learn to play, this is the perfect goal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good starter system, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
This is a very good buy for the money. Assembly was fairly easy (all the parts were included) and it was put to use quickly. It's clearly just for children (which is exactly how it's promoted) and we've only used it on the lowest level so far. I can see we'll definitey get our money's worth out of this, and then in a few years can upgrade to a full size system.

4.0 out of 5 stars All good except the net, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
Great product for my 5-year old son. He loves it and we're having a blast! Only complaint is that the net is cheap ... It's super short and makes the goal look cheap - even though it's a nice product for a junior portable basketball goal. I've tried to find a replacement net so it looks a little more "normal" but the 15" rim is not common and so far I can't find a replacement. Not a big deal, but since it is sitting in my driveway it would be nice if the net were the same proportions of an 18" rim, rather than just a few inches deep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase for us!, December 5, 2013
S. Cheatham (Statesville, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop (Sports)
Absolutely great! We did much research before we bought this last Christmas. Our son loves basketball and at first we wondered if would be too high at 7 feet, but he has actually learned to shoot well. We have it at the lowest setting and are excited it will grow with him. It is well made and doesn't fall over. This was an excellent buy for us and will get much use. Just the top and bottom are plastic. The hoop is well made and the pole is metal. A great purchase. Was the cheapest price at Amazon.

Lifetime Youth Portable Basketball System