5.0 out of 5 stars Lifted me Higher
Published on April 6, 2010 by KDY

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to Hug Him
Published on June 14, 2012 by T. Brame

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifted me Higher, April 6, 2010
Great story and premise. It was refreshing to read a story of a single man taking care of his kids and mother while trying to grow a relationship. This story was honest, pure and captivated me from the start. Monte, a widower raising his two kids and ailing mother was a refreshing take on single parenthood. His dedication and resolve to be a good parent made me feel good inside. I respected his convictions and vunerability. Torie, an up and coming actress was the perfect match for him. She was focused on her career while opening her heart for love. I am pleased she stood up to her mother and did not blame herself for Monte's confusion on whether the love was meant to be. Great read and one to keep in the collection of good romances.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to Hug Him, June 14, 2012
The story did a wonderful job in portraying what it's like to have your plate full and for a change the overloaded individual was Monte. Reading about how his wife died and he kept her memory alive for his children was touching and tearfully I felt deeply for the amount of pain that the family took when she died. Then comes the mother with dementia. Having had my grandfather, before he passed, diagnosed with the same thing I know first hand what it's like to have to take so many safety precautions to make sure they don't wander. I also know what it feels like to have them look at you with a blank expression, all memory of you vanished from their memory. It's painful. So much pain in those children's lives and they were still so well behaved and open. They took Torie in and shown her the other things in life, that are more important than glitz and glamour. Although I am not a fan with the uprooting of the children I am glad that they found a way to ensure their love survives.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick..Light Read, March 8, 2011
This is my 1st book by this author(Kim Shaw)the book is enjoyable. It is a light romantic read. It was nice to see the single parent perspective from the male view point. I will read another book by the author.

4.0 out of 5 stars book are awesome, January 14, 2011
this book was amazing! I love the way the author Kim Shaw flip the script on how single mothers struggle in life to find thier soulmates ;to how single father struggles in life.I give you thumbs up on this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, April 9, 2010
Widowed entertainment lawyer Monte sees beautiful woman Torie on the elevator and is smitten for the first time since his deceased wife and a relationship develops after they are later trapped in said same elevator. First let me be petty by saying how much I hated their names, Monte & Torie, ok when you're young but both adult characters with short names, didn't like. Second, even though it was stated that Monte was a responsible man and great father, there was no real interaction or much dialogue with him and his sons or even his mother to show this (I recall 1 line to each, not sure we even learned his son's ages). I just felt that the couple was mismatched. Monte was an established man while Torie had just gotten the break into acting that she'd been pursuing and not really looking for a committed relationship. I felt she gave into the pressure that Monte was putting on her, if this book had a part 2 it would start with them being separated or divorced and trying to reconcile.

2.0 out of 5 stars i agree just ok, April 15, 2010
This review is from: Lift Me Higher (Kimani Romance) (Kindle Edition)
not her best work could have been better. lacking a lot i was hoping for more. since her last one was so good.

Rate and Discover Movies