5.0 out of 5 stars Small size, though works well with good range
The remote is 2.5" (L) x 1.5" (W) x 3/8" (T) [edited thanks to comments for correction]. The range is about 40' line of sight.

Our predicament was finding one, pocket-size, remote that could operate 2 different garage door openers. Carrying 2 of the standard sized, inbox, remotes was too bulky for our needs.

We have two different Liftmaster garage...
Published 21 months ago by M. Burrows

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor
I, as do many of us, spend a lot of $ with Amazon Online every year, & am always treated very well by anything that comes directly from Amazon.
But I always have that somewhat wary feeling that I will get screwed sooner or later, after every so many online purchases, especially with 3rd party vendors.
This is going to be one of those.
I bought this remote,...
Published 4 months ago by FLYBOY

5.0 out of 5 stars Small size, though works well with good range, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote

We have two different Liftmaster garage door openers. One was a new Craftsman+ and the other an older (6 years old) Craftsman Formula 1 garage door opener. These openers both have rolling codes, though work on different frequencies (one with a purple learning button and the other with a blue one), so each of their standard remotes, and seemingly a number of after-market, ones won't learn both simultaneously.

After unsuccessfully trying a few remotes from local hardware stores, we risked this one. It was pricier than others, though had the appeal that this one actually works, Indeed, it works great.

Hope this helps, Mike

If this review was helpful, please mark it as so to help others. If it wasn't helpful, feel free to mark it so, though I'd appreciate any constructive feedback on how it could be more helpful for you and others. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Garage Opener LiftMaster 890MAX, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
I was looking for the a second garage door opener to use in another car or bicycle.
890MAX is really the smallest one I could find for my LiftMaster. It is 63x38x13mm or if you don't know
what mm is it's 2.5 by 1.5 inches and half an inch thick.
It weights 19 grams (5/8OZ)which light for the size or big for the weight and OK for a key-chain but adds some bulk to it. Remote is slightly larger and a bit heavier then my car remote. You might want to consider quick release system to your keychain
The remote is easy to program one hint is if you want to hit the purple programming button and the car is right below it instead of moving your car out and putting a leader or a chair you might be able to open a car door closest to the garage unit and reach the programming button standing in the car doorway.
The remote is easy to operate and I like the red LED light.
The plastic of the remote feels a bit cheap and buttons are easy to press.
Another hint if you are not using remote for three garages or units and carry remote in a pocket you might want to consider programming the two smaller buttons as they are less likely to be pressed by accident and keep big one on top unprogrammed. Accidental garage opening is very inconvenient because my garage opens very quietly so I will not always will be able to tell that it is open. If it is a problem it can be solved by making a sheath or a cover plate for the buttons

Remote uses lithium battery CR2032 which is quite common, easy to find and replace. As a matter of facts I have another remote and a flashlight on my keychain with batteries that I can use temporarily if the battery goes dead. The lithium battery works well in cold temperature and lasts for years. While the battery is new it seems to work from at least 100 feet away - I did not check how far can I be yet and it's not a concern for me.

Unlike other remotes it does not come with visor clip but if you want to use it in a car you can use fasteners (same as for windshield highway-pass) or other attachments and your imagination on where exactly you want the garage opener to be. Some people may want it in traditional places like visor or map lights area but some may want to hide it from plain -just keep in mind that engine block and other metal parts of the car may decrease the distance the remote works.

Overall this remote is a good alternative or addition to existing openers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, January 19, 2012
T. Wright (Western NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
This is a nice little rolling-code unit that will operate three openers/accessories. I bought it for when I ride my motorcycle and don't want to carry a full-size opener. It will open our door from the street- 70 feet through a steel door.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
This is going to be one of those.
I bought this remote, & it does Not work with my garage door opener, so I followed the usual process to return the Item,
Pretty straight forward, right ?
NOT!

here is the cut & pasted reply i received from the vendor.

Please review our return policy below and return your item to the address below .please include original order number along with a copy of this email to

RA# 4514

Open Door Enterprises LLC

PO Box 140797

Grand Rapids MI 49514

Return Policy:

-Please email us prior to purchase if you are unsure about compatibility

-Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase

-Exchange Policy is $5.00 shipping/handling charge plus product cost difference with RA#

-Item must be in new condition with original package including ALL packing material, instructions, etc.

-Any items that have been tampered with or installed are non-returnable, Please do not attempt to remove covers, shields, etc. from electrical components.

-A restocking fee of 20% or $5.00 minimum plus original shipping cost will apply to any items returned

-Return authorization required

-Buyer pays cost of return shipping

Thanks

Open Door Discount Remotes

So,... I knew if I had gone to Sears, & bought a Mini Remote, & asked the Clerk if I could return it if it does not work, he would have said "Of Course you can !" for a full refund & No Baloney RE STOCKING FEE !!
What a Crock that is anyway, like it costs SO much money to open a box and put an item back on the shelf,
who invented that anyway !?, & where do they come up with an arbitrary 20% ??
Besides getting returns are part of the cost of doing business !!
Not to mention customer service.

So I paid $19.53 for this thing, $14.85 + Shipping, now I have to pay return shipping, & a 20 % or $5 min restocking fee,
(which is obviously their way of discouraging you from sending it back,...... talk about transparent)
So lets look at this,
Im gonna be out the first Shipping,
+ the return Shipping,
+ The $5 RESTOCKING FEE (14.85 x 20% = $2.97, but thats not enough for them, so I have to pay the Minimum $5 )

So is it worth it to send it back !? (This is what they're hoping for)
Probably not, but i will, because on principle I will get whatever I can back from these.....uh.... People.
& return their useless item.

The reason for this review is to make others aware of "Open Door Discount Remotes"
Anyone that knowingly writes a flat 20% restocking fee for their customers, definitely does not leave me feeling "warm & fuzzy".

Unfortunate..
Definitely should have gone to Sears, or another walk in store on this one !

3.0 out of 5 stars Bulky with Cheap Build Quality, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
I just received a pair of these mini-remotes. I've been using the 370LM mini remotes for more than gour years. The 370LM is compact and thin with a curved housing and rubberized buttons, and it feels solid in your hand. The 890MAX is a bulky box shape made of lightweight plastic that feels like it will break in your hand. I'm wondering how long it will take for the plastic keyring loop to break.

On the plus side, the buttons of the 890MAX are slightly recessed. As previous reviews mention, you can still activate the garage door by accident; however, the 370LM, with its raised buttons, is extremely prone to accidental activation.

Overall, the 890MAX is a giant step backwards in terms of design and build quality. But if you need a Security +2.0 compatible mini-remote you don't have any other options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember there is a "learn" button on the remote, itself, too, March 19, 2013
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
Read the instructions! :) Both the garage door opener learn button, and the learn button on the remote need to be pressed.
This device will work with multiple color button systems!! It's great, I can set one button for one of my locations, and another for another of my locations with two different color "learn" buttons! (red and purple)

Device works great - I almost sent it back because I forgot that you have to use a pen or pin to press the learn button on the remote. Once I remembered to do that, it worked great! I've never triggered it accidentally as I have my other, rounder keychain remote (Liftmaster 370LM Mini 3-button Garage Door Remote Control) - which I hit accidentally fairly frequently. I was happy to be able to replace two remotes with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, range is farther than expected., February 20, 2013
DJ (Burlingame, CA) - See all my reviews
I use this on my motorcycle and it works great. The large button is just big enough to push through the top of my tank bag.
Range is good, almost too good, I can be a block away and it works.
Programming is strange, read the manual, you have to use a pin to put the button into programming mode, I almost sent it back thinking it was defective, then I read the manual ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Liftmaster 890max ini garage door opener remote, October 12, 2012
White boxer puppy (Space Coast, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
Purchased my Liftmaster 890 max mini key chain garage door opener remote from Amazon and worked perfect the first time. Perfect size to fit in pocket for going for a walk or carrying in purse.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trash, August 30, 2013
Bob Kirsch (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
Finally gave up after messing with it for a week. Got it to work but it ate batteries. Would last about a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works every time and from far away!, July 3, 2012
M. Morales "Pastor Mike" (All-American town in SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liftmaster 890max Mini Key Chain Garage Door Opener Remote
I hate to leave a garage door opener in my car. You spend a lot for the latest rolling code garage door opener and then you leave the remote in the car. This little gadget works perfectly. I pushed the learning button on my garage door motor and followed the directions and the thing works better than my larger remotes. The best thing is that it fits in your pocket or becomes your keychain. Now, since I drive more than one vehicle and a motorcycle I have the remote with me without thinking about it. This product is made well, almost indestructible, and is very easy to use.

Rate and Discover Movies