4.0 out of 5 stars The product works; the manufacturer doesn't...
The good news is that in my experience this gadget actually delivers the pain relief it promises.

The bad news is that the company who makes it seems to cause their customers more pain than relief.

I have arthritis and I overdid it at the gym, using excessive weights on some of the circuit machines.

As a result, I had developed a very...
Published 24 months ago by Jerry P. Danzig

3.0 out of 5 stars ??????
it seems to work. I am a patient of a DC who uses cold laser (a light
therapy) and this gives me relief during those times in between visits.He recommended I give this a try as it is the same principle and it is one that works amazingly well.

I even tried on my dog when his back was hurt and he became more mobile.
Dogs do not know about placebo...
Published on February 20, 2009 by Candace Mike N Elmo

3.0 out of 5 stars ??????, February 20, 2009
This review is from: Light Relief 90LR15LR01 Infrared Pain Relief Device (Health and Beauty)
it seems to work. I am a patient of a DC who uses cold laser (a light

I even tried on my dog when his back was hurt and he became more mobile.
Dogs do not know about placebo effect, so that makes me believe it works.

BUT THE COMPANY, ALLEGRO MEDICAL is AWFUL> the unit burned out in month and after 1 1/2 months and 3 calls and them just blowing me off, I contacted Amazon. They suggested I go directly to light therapy relief co. I did. they wanted 14.95 to ship a brand new one. I contacted Amazon again and AMAZON was great, they offered me 2 different acceptable options and some pointers and I am totally happy w/ AMAZON...so

1. I do believe this works for me, and it may for you.
Try it.

@. If the company gives you trouble in returns, contact AMAZON, they will make it better for you, they will make it right.........................
Amazon is a good company !!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The product works; the manufacturer doesn't..., September 27, 2012

As a result, I had developed a very painful condition in my left shoulder which made it hard to sleep at night.

I had tried a Panabrator massager and the usual menthol and capsaicin ointments with no success.

So when I saw Hammacher-Schlemmer selling a device similar to the LightRelief, I thought that there might be something to this infrared therapy. Unfortunately, the device Hammacher was selling (also available here at Amazon) has been getting very mixed reviews for durability.

The reviews on the LightRelief unit, on the other hand, seemed mostly positive, the price was right -- and I like the ability to remove the light pad from the control unit so you can lay it on the afflicted body part without having to hold it in place for a quarter-hour.

It took me some experimenting to figure out where exactly to position the pad for maximum relief. After a week of mixed results, I found that if I draped the pad off my shoulder onto my upper arm -- that did the trick! I'm feeling -- and sleeping -- much better now.

The major caveat here is that the LightRelief company apparently does NOT put their customers first. When I received the unit, I found that one of the buckle tangs on the long body strap had arrived broken. The shipping box had arrived intact and in good shape, so clearly this was a manufacturer's defect.

I contacted LightRelief for a replacement strap, and they denied my request, saying that the body strap was not covered under the two-year warranty. That's no way to take care of a customer!

If you look up LightRelief at ConsumerAffairs.com, you will also find a slew of complaints about their sales practices. YOU DO NOT WANT TO ORDER YOUR LIGHTRELIEF DIRECTLY FROM THE COMPANY OR THEIR WEBSITE!!! According to many customers, they offer "free" pain relief ointment and charge your credit card before the trial period is over!

In summary, then, the product is good, the manufacturer maybe not. Order your LightRelief here at Amazon, and all should be well. I recommend the package shown on this page, which seems to include the unit, the AC adapter, a carrying pouch and body straps (and with any luck, your body strap buckle will work for you!)

PROS:

* Infrared light therapy seems to work as advertised.
* The light pad detaches from the control unit so you can apply the light for the recommended quarter-hour treatment hands-free.
* Operates on AC or battery power (six AA batteries).
* Therapy offers heat and/or light. The lights get pretty warm, so the heat setting may not be necessary.
* The unit offers good value compared to other infrared machines.
* The LightRelief appears to be well made.

CONS:

* The manufacturer does not appear to take proper care of their customers.
* According to the instructions, the infrared lights may lose their therapeutic power after two years, requiring that you replace the unit. I can't speak yet to the truth of this claim.
* The AC power brick is indeed a brick -- very large and heavy. You wouldn't want to take this traveling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Relief, June 5, 2006
Love Books (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I've had chronic nerve pain in my toes for years now and have tried steroid shots, acupuncture, and oral pain medication. Nothing has worked. At my wits' end, I decided to try Light Relief after seeing an infomercial on TV. I didn't have too many expectations that it would work, considering that I had tried many other remedies to no avail. To my great surprise, after using the Light Relief for some weeks, I experienced a decrease in the pain level and this has continued. I am very, very happy with my Light Relief. By the way, I am NOT a paid endorser nor do I know anyone that works for Light Relief. The only problem I experienced with it is that the adapter it comes with to plug into an electrical wall outlet went out, but I inserted six batteries and it's working fine. Also the adapter can be purchased separately and is widely available. If you have chronic pain like I do, give the Light Relief a chance, you may get results where other products/therapies have failed.

1.0 out of 5 stars READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY!, November 5, 2007
I have very bad back joint pain and thought this would be great. Used it for 3 weeks every day for 20-30 minutes. The heat was good but the pain was still there. Then went to return it and I did not see the 30% RESTOCKING FEE! Plus the shipping and handling to and from the seller. So there really is a not a 30 day money back guarantee. READ THE RETURN POLICY!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me, March 10, 2011
When I saw this product on TV, I thought that it would be perfect for me. I have been having some problems with my foot that resulted in a lot of pain and hoped that it would help. Well, as much as I wanted it to help, it did not. I ended up sending it back because after 2 weeks using it every day, I did not see any change in my pain. I am glad that I got it from Amazon, I was able to return it and they quickly refunded my money. Thank you Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, November 28, 2009
C. Toney (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This product came as stated and all parts worked and are very convenient. I was in a car accident in 1991; since then I have had continuous pain in between my shoulder blades. I have used this product, as directed, and I believe the pain has lessened even on very humid days, the pain is almost gone. I would recommend this product, as it has worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heat Helps, January 30, 2011
If you have knee arthritis, you're well familiar with pain and stiffness. You also know that heat feels good- which is what this is device is all about. While it probably doesn't provide deep heat all the way down to the joint, the muscles sure get a healthy dose. Using infrared energy, this handy device will do several things for you:

-decreases pain. Just having heat on your knee can make it feel better
-increases the circulation. Heat makes the blood vessels open up which brings more blood into the area.
-increases flexibility. As your knee heats up, things become looser

Probably one of the biggest benefits people don't think about is that as your knee hurts less and becomes less stiff, you'll be able to move it better- which is the best time to do knee exercises, and in many cases, allows you to do exercises you otherwise couldn't without the heat (recommend Treat Your Own Knee Arthritis if you need some good knee arthritis exercises). Remember, heat feels good, but it is only temporary and does nothing to say, strengthen your knee.

Just a great tool to provide heat to your knee- or any other painful area too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally something that helps!, February 21, 2007
I am a stay at home mom of three little ones so I don't have time to write a thorough review, but I felt I should at least write a little something about this great product. For years, I have had a lot of pain in my back and shoulders from some past injuries and nothing has helped relieve the pain much (except for maybe lots of theraputic massage but that is hard to find time or money for). Well a friend ended up buying the Light Relief for me as a gift for Mother's Day and I actually let it sit on my dresser for a few weeks before trying it because I was very skeptical. Eventually I got desperate enough from the pain because I was having a bad week, painwise, and so I thought i'd give it a try. It says in the manual that it usually takes 2 weeks of using it every day before you notice improvement but it turned out I noticed it after that first session! Now I tell everyone I know because this Light Relief has been a lifesaver for me - especially when I was hardly even sleeping at night from pain and now I can just turn this thing on and set it on my sore areas and peacefully doze off (it has a timer so it turns off after the recommended 15 minutes). I only wish it had a bigger surface area because I have a lot of painful areas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Light Relief Light Therapy...., October 14, 2008
Sent a complaint to 'supplier' on 10-5 telling them the 'lights' would NOT go off no matter what I tried and asked for some input, etc.

Couldn't tell you if it worked or not since didn't get to use very long. Approx. l-l/2 weeks.

Did NOT hear from them - Period. Would never ever buy from them again. It was a SVM Product.

Very unhappy and cost $79.95!

First time this has happened through Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, June 8, 2007
My husband tryed this for 30 days but it didn't work. So I called about sending it back but it was not possible since it was used. So how do you know if it works if you don't use it?

Sorry but don't recomend this product.

Light Relief 90LR15LR01 Infrared Pain Relief Device