4.0 out of 5 stars Very good -- almost perfect
This is a great lamp. Nearly $100 was a little painful, but if it lasts 5 or more years, it will be worth it.

PROs:

The quality of light and controls are superb.

Published 14 months ago by C. Carlen

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design
This is a really nice lamp. The design is awesome, unfortunately mine came with the EU prongs. When I was ready to send it back to the vendor, I received the US connection in a separate envelope. That's the only reason I am giving it three stars. The vendor should correct the issue of selling this beautiful lamp with EU prongs.
Published 16 months ago by D. Vargas

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good -- almost perfect, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Lightblade 1500 by Lumiy / Diasonic - Black Ultra Bright LED Desk Light Table Lamp with Captive Touch Controls for Brightness and Color Temperature, USB Charging for Smart Phone, 1 Hour Time

PROs:

The quality of light and controls are superb.

There are 4 tint settings, and in each setting you can adjust the brightness. The brightness for each tint is ***memorized*** -- a very nice touch! The "reading" tint I prefer for general use, as it's not too cool, and not too warm. I often wake up by selecting "accounting" tint, which is very cool and bright, good for triggering the body to wake up. In the evening I switch to "coffee" tint 2 hrs. before bedtime, then "beddy-bye" tint close to retiring, and if I read before bed.

Also, the dim red LED pinpointing the location of the power button when the lamp is off is great for helping you turn it on at night.

The appearance is well finished, smooth, sleek, high-tech. The lamp holds its position.

CONs:

The base isn't very heavy, so I usually have to hold it still when I move the support arm. The head can be moved relative to the support arm without stabilizing the base, but the support arm is stiffer so the base needs to be pressed on to move it. It also takes up a lot of desk space, while not being useful to hold anything since it's too smooth and the touch controls are there.

The real drawback to this lamp is that there aren't enough ways to adjust the position. I would prefer if I could at least rotate the head around its long axis, so I could control glare better in some situations. The other lamps of this style don't have this capability either, so there aren't many better options.

Also the diffuser protrudes slightly from the head, so this creates a thin line of moderate glare that is nearly impossible to not see. It would be better if the light emitting surface was flush with the head, so that if the plane of the head was below your line of sight, no glare would be visible at all.

But these are minor drawbacks. Expecting a fully articulated head at this price and in a sleek styled lamp is unreasonable.

Other lamps I considered: "Conoco Natural Light LED Multi-function Desk Lamp Black" which is presently $67.21 !!! and "Softech- Natural Light LED Multi-function Desk Lamp Black" which is $124.99 . These lamps are identical AFIK, so I'm not sure why the price difference and who originated the design, which is slightly different from the Lightblade 1500.

I'm actually an LED flashlight enthusiast and do scientific research with LEDs. So I know LEDs! There are many types of LEDs with varying quality. I'm not sure of the manufacturer of the LEDs in this light, but it is advertized to have a CRI >90. Low CRI is typical of many LEDs. Google or Wiki CRI to learn more about it. The best LEDs are made by Philips Lumileds, Cree, and Nichia. Osram and a few others are good too, but I have less experience with them. Nichia tends to lead in the high CRI department, but high CRI LEDs are a little less efficient. But the highest efficiency LED lamp might not give the best looking light when it comes to seeing colors accurately. My preference is for high CRI first, then efficiency is a secondary concern.

I'm satisfied, but I'm tempted if I buy another of this type to get the very inexpensive Conoco model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Light with Style, August 11, 2013
When all you see on any product is fives, you know it's got to be a great product. You can't get that many people to agree that it's a nice day. So I went for it, and agree. It came quickly, sets up quickly and looks great on my desk. It has several light settings I tend to use either the real bright for work with numbers and paper details or the warm coffee tinted share. I think you'll like this lamp too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing lamp, August 19, 2013
Gary Sprunk (Sedona, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I didn't know LED lamps could have different temperature/warmth settings. And this lamp has different intensities too! I love them. I bought one lamp for reading sheet music at a piano and another for hobby work. They replace a clunky Solarex lamp that malfunctioned in a less than a year. These should last at least 20 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Work light, craft light, everything lighit, September 26, 2013
I bought this light to use in my craft room, and then ended up stealing it to use on my desk. As a writer, I often find myself writing late into the night. As my eyes get tired, I change the brightness of this light, and with 4 brightness settings, I progressively work my way down.

I am SO pleased with this light that I'm buying another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars most pleased, May 3, 2013
I love this light, I wanted one that put light directly over my work, looked contemporary, acted sophisticated and had options for various lighting needs. This light does all that, looks good on my desk, easy to adjust, its sleek, fits my decor, is a miser on electricity, uses LED technology, generates no heat,is competitively priced, and charges my phone. I liked it so much, I ordered another one. I would recommend this light for any work area, from study assignments or take home office work, even minute work for crafts projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement desk lamp!, April 30, 2013
James M. Korns (Richardson, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this lamp to replace a nice designer lamp which quit working. I really like the variability of light temperature to suit depending if I am working the computer, reading, or doing some detail work. Another plus, no more heat generated by the lamp. Lamp has a couple of pivot points which seem to hold their adjustments well. My last lamp was a brushed nickel metal finish, and this is quite a bit different being a black plastic construction, but it does not come across as cheap. Seems to go well with my iMac on my desk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost ***** stars, November 10, 2013
After reading the reviews, I bought this lamp to replace a Sharper Image light which started malfunctioning. I'm pleased with the quality of the lamp and the displacement of the light.

I did not give it 5 ***** because I believe there is one design flaw. If the lamp is horizontal to me (as it the picture to the left,) there is a thin bar of light because the light because the light is not shaded and the thin strip of light is annoying to me from the side of my eye. I keep the lamp vertical so that the leading edge of the lamp is facing the side of me. This aside, I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Light, September 21, 2013
I wanted replacement for my halogen desk lamp that did produce so much heat and yet provided a variable light (bright to dim). This lamp exceeded my expectation. I would highly recommend this lamp. It is well worth the extra price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a college dorm, September 16, 2013
I'm a college freshman living in a dorm and I wanted a reliable desk lamp so that I could study and do my homework without bothering my roommate. That's it. Nothing too fancy. But I splurged on this lamp based on the good reviews and how modern this lamp looks and I'm glad I did.

After using this lamp for about a week I feel more focused and found studying to be much more enjoyable. I get less eyestrain when I'm reading than just relying on the light from the ceiling. My study sessions last way longer and my focus was consistent. I don't know if focus is the right word... Maybe performance, energy, motivation, or a combination of each... you get the idea I hope; it's good for studying.

Unlike other cheap desk lamps that I see in the dorms this one can change brightness levels and four settings for reading, math, relaxation and sleep, which is pretty cool... I didn't know there was lightning specifically for math.

Nothing much else to it... It's what I was looking for and more. If you're willing to spend a bit more $ for a nice desk lamp to do school work, this is worth the buy. It looks really cool on my desk and my roommate wants one himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected!, September 15, 2013
The other reviews have all the details you need about the ease of use, color and brightness settings, and so on. I don't have much to add except that I was very pleasantly surprised - this is a terrific lamp and exceeded my expectations. As an added bonus, people see it and when I give them a demo, they say "Wow!" It's like having a new sports car.

Rate and Discover Movies