Lighted cover Does this marware Ceo cover/stand have a built in light to read by in the dark?
asked by Dana Rogers on September 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 answers
A
votes
The Kindle Fire is a back lit device meaning even in the dark, you can still read without a light. It the same type of screen as found on your computer monitor or cell phone. However, from what I have read, the Kindle Fire screen is top of the line and easier on the eyes than other standard cell phone screens. I would highly doubt a lighted version of any type of cover to ever come out for the Kindle Fire.
D. Andersen answered on September 28, 2011

A
votes
Daniel, there is no additional monthly cost for the web-browsing, since the Fire is WiFi only. If you decide to sign up for the Amazon Prime membership to stream the movies and tv shows Amazon has, then you would pay $79 a year. There is no separate keyboard, but there will be a virtual keyboard you can use, just like on many touch screen cell phones.
R. Rousseau answered on October 1, 2011

A
votes
@ R. Rousseau: The Kindle Fire does NOT have 3G so you will have to have Wi-Fi access in order to update via Whispersync. However, you can still read the books that are already on the device without a Wi-Fi connection, Linda.
B. K. Vincent answered on October 10, 2011

A
votes
The Kindle Fire does have a micro USB (or maybe a full size USB) for charging the system much like the current Kindles. I could see a keyboard being released by Amazon later if there is a demand for one.
D. Andersen answered on October 3, 2011

A
votes
Donna, good news!! Instead of calling Amazon again, I sent an e-mail describing my situation. They requested that I call and talk with them again. I spoke with a very helpful lady who agreed to send me a new Kindle 3. My high opinion of Amazon has been restored.

Thanks again for your comments.

Don
Donald R Shirk answered on October 21, 2011

A
votes
Donald, I am shocked that Amazon didn't replace your Kindle. I have had a Kindle since the very first one came out and when I called about the least little problem they insisted on sending me a replacement (and me sending my old one back in). One time the page button was sticking and I can't even remember the reason for the replacement of the replacement but I am now on my 4th Kindle. I can't say enough good about the Company. Maybe it was the Cust. rep. that took your call. I would definitely keep calling. But.....now I remember that I had bought an extended warranty on all the Kindles. Maybe that's the reason there were no questions asked.
Dana Rogers answered on October 20, 2011

A
votes
Yay!!! for Amazon and Yay for you. That's great news. Amazon is awesome! Good luck with your new K3 and your Fire.
Dana Rogers answered on October 21, 2011

A
vote
Can a separate keyboard be plugged in for use?
Mary answered on October 2, 2011

A
vote
Believe it or not, the first time I had trouble was 2 weeks before the 1 year warranty was up. Then the replacement they sent had a problem but I called them about it the day it arrived after charging it up. No questions on that one obviously. Is your Kindle over a year old? Did you buy an extended warranty? Sorry you are having this problem. I hope the Fire works out better for you. I also ordered the Fire and am so anxious for it to come in. I will probably use my K3 for prolonged reading and my Fire for everything else that it's suppose to do. Can't wait!
Dana Rogers answered on October 20, 2011

A
vote
I have a Kindle 3. Have pre-ordered the Kindle Fire. Will I be able to transfer all my books from the Kindle 3 to the Kindle Fire? Would hate to have to repurchase. I have 8 pages worth of books.
computer maven answered on November 5, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›