Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Lighted cover Does this marware Ceo cover/stand have a built in light to read by in the dark?
asked by Dana Rogers on September 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 answers
A
The Kindle Fire is a back lit device meaning even in the dark, you can still read without a light. It the same type of screen as found on your computer monitor or cell phone. However, from what I have read, the Kindle Fire screen is top of the line and easier on the eyes than other standard cell phone screens. I would highly doubt a lighted version of any type of cover to ever come out for the Kindle Fire.
D. Andersen answered on September 28, 2011
Comment | 22 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Two questions:
1-What are the additional, monthly costs for operating the "Fire"--eg. Web browsing.
2-Is there a keyboard for writing e-mails?
Good Ole Gramps answered on October 1, 2011
Comment | 2 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Daniel, there is no additional monthly cost for the web-browsing, since the Fire is WiFi only. If you decide to sign up for the Amazon Prime membership to stream the movies and tv shows Amazon has, then you would pay $79 a year. There is no separate keyboard, but there will be a virtual keyboard you can use, just like on many touch screen cell phones.
R. Rousseau answered on October 1, 2011
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can a separate keyboard be plugged in for use?
Mary answered on October 2, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Kindle Fire does have a micro USB (or maybe a full size USB) for charging the system much like the current Kindles. I could see a keyboard being released by Amazon later if there is a demand for one.
D. Andersen answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If I am out of an area that has wi-fi, can I still read a book on the Kindle Fire?
Linda A. answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Linda, the Fire will have the Whispersync technology just as the current Kindle's do. So as long as the Whispersync works, you will be able to get your books and read them.
R. Rousseau answered on October 9, 2011
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
@ R. Rousseau: The Kindle Fire does NOT have 3G so you will have to have Wi-Fi access in order to update via Whispersync. However, you can still read the books that are already on the device without a Wi-Fi connection, Linda.
B. K. Vincent answered on October 10, 2011
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If I take the Kindle Fire to Europe will I be able to access movies and TV programs?

Rose anne
Larry Thornburg answered on October 12, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you have a normal broadband internet connection you can add a wireless router to your internet system very cheaply for as little as $30 to $90.
Check out NewEgg dot com or even Amazon and do a search for Wireless routers. You just plug it into your RJ45 network connection on your cable modem.
This will give you the WiFi that you need to allow connections on your new Kindle Fire or other models with WiFi connectivity.
Just a thought for those who don't currently have a source for WiFi connectivity.
TaylorSwiftFan answered on October 19, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product