Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 19, 2014
Purchased eight to replace 100 Watt incandescent bulbs over the bathroom sinks. The light fixture is over the mirror, downward facing, and open at the bottom. There is little difference between the amount of light from these bulbs and the 100 watt bulbs replaced. A a very slight delay after flipping the switch. They are instantly bright. There is a definite shadow of light on the ceiling and seven feet up from the floor with all the light directed down. This style of bulb is best suited for a downward light fixture which is not enclosed. Does not work well in a wall scounce or a table lamp. Some things I learned in my search: 1. Find your color of light; my favorite is Warm White 3000K. 2. Set your price point, mine was $10 per bulb. 3. Buy one bulb at a time and try it in different places. 4. Replace the bulbs in your home you use the most first, the savings are based on three hours of use each day. 5. Have a plan to use the bulb somewhere in your home if you don't like it. I have five LED bulbs leftover, three are Day Light 5000K.
on January 20, 2014
I had 23 watt CFLs in my office which supposedly were 1600 lumens and I thought those were bright, however they ran very hot and was 96 watts total to light my office. I decided to give these a try based on the review and was amazed.

I went from 400 watts (standard bulbs) to 96 watts, and now down to only 48! Considering that I won't have to replace these bulbs for decades, it was worth starting the savings now.

Not only do they turn on instantly, they were BRIGHTER than the 1600 lumens CFLs and ran a lot cooler as well.

I will be outfitting my entire house with these, the price is still more than I want to spend, but considering that these are 12 watt bulbs, the saving on my light bill will be worth it!

Prices on these will eventually come down, and with standard bulbs being phased out, they will have to be competitive to have us adapt to the new standard.

Skip CFLs, and get these instead!
on January 10, 2014
We have a laundry room, where we were using CFL's. I tried replacing the CFL's with LED bulbs, but they just were NOT bright enough. The higher wattage rated CFL's were too big to fit. I came across these and it says they are 75watt equivalents and fit where an ordinary bulb would. So I ordered a pair. The two actually fit in the fixture that the smaller CFL's were in and they are BRIGHT. My wife is now happy and I expect these bulbs to last a good long while. I promptly ordered four more for other areas of the house. I am very happy with these, I just hope the life rating for these are accurate.

01/17/14 - I just wanted to add one note .. the bulb only lights at the rounded glass end. Unlike a regular incandescent, the whole bulb does not light. We have opague glass dome fixtures, and the bulbs shine through as 2 bright spots in that dome. It looks a little weird, but we needed the brightness and it doesn't bother us. Just be aware of this little quirk.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Lighting EVER 12W A60 bulb is very bright and a good color match to incandescent lighting. It is fully as bright as the 75W incandescent bulb it replaced and maybe even brighter... As with most LED bulbs the lighting is somewhat more directional than typical incandescent or CFL bulbs. This is not a problem in my application as the fixture holds the bulb facing down to my work area.

The application for this bulb is in my basement work room (formerly a dark room) where CFL bulbs take FOREVER to come to brightness. The room is quite cool in the winter and comfortable in the summer. Of course readers of this review will probably know that CFL bulbs don't like cold or even cool. LED bulbs don't care.

I have several other Lighting EVER bulbs in use as well as GE and Sylvania. One thing worth noting is the Lighting Ever bulbs have accessible but good packaging. I didn't need to do battle with difficult plastic packaging like with the other brands. A plus for my serenity.

Two in my garage door opener are 50W replacements - where vibrations are hard on incandescent and CFL's were useless because of New England winter cold.

I have a year's experience with a Lighting EVER 10W A19 LED Bulb, 60W Replacement with Daylight color balance and it has performed flawlessly as my bedroom reading light. It is daylight balanced and is very accurate to my eye. It performed like a 75W for me in that application.

Lighting EVER bulbs are outstanding value in my experience. They are very reasonably priced and 5 bulbs in my home have had no problems providing reliable and consistent service. Because EVERY ONE has fully met or exceeded my expectations I'm giving this bulb 5 stars for great value and a great brand track record in my home.

Hope this has been helpful.
on February 22, 2014
A year ago, I used my tax refund to replace all the bulbs in my house with 75W equivalents. I tried some cheap chinese knock-offs. Although they worked, a year later about 40% of them have already died. I've been slowly replacing those with these LED bulbs and am VERY happy with these.

Not a single failure yet! The color is a bit warmer and a bit brighter. As far as my eyes can tell, these put out just as much light as a 75W incandescent.
on May 9, 2014
I'm surprised at all the positive reviews about this bulb. There's an obvious downside to this compared to a traditional incandescent or fluorescent bulb: It emits it's light from only half it's hemisphere! If you put it in a lamp, the top half of the shade is illuminated, the bottom half is not. Not only does it affect the aesthetic of your lampshade, it diminishes it's usefulness if you use it as a reading lamp. Most of the light is thrown up, not down.

I'm an architectural photographer. Lights, lamps, and lampshades are part of my everyday existence. This is a glaring (pardon the pun) defect of this (and many other type) of LED bulb.

What's good about it? I can't speak for it's longevity...I just purchased one to try it our in my living room (and it will be replaced). It appears well made and robust. It does emit a warm light that is comparable in temperature to traditional incandescent bulbs. It doesn't get hot. It does turn on immediately (unlike some other LED bulbs I've tried that have a delay). I trust that the lamp draws only 12W as advertised. Other than that, I have to give this a "D" grade simply because it doesn't emit light in a nice sphere like you'd expect a bulb to.
on January 21, 2014
I think the time of the CFL has finally passed and the era of the LED bulb has finally come. For 11 bucks, this is a helluva a bulb. Much brighter than the CFL equivalent I had in my lamp before and has a very nice warm tint. Of course I'll have to wait and see if this bulb holds up over time, but the construction feels solid.

Overall, very impressed and very satisfied with the purchase.
on February 12, 2014
These are ridiculously bright. They turn on quickly. Lowest power usage of any type of bulb. What's not to love?
Oh, and I dropped one from near the light fixture in the ceiling onto the tile floor in my apartment and it looks perfectly fine and works fine.
on July 29, 2014
One of the four bulbs I ordered did not work. The seller has an early expiration for returns, about a month. This is a terrible policy for items that should work for years. So, despite the fact that I never used the bulb (sat unused, as light bulbs sometimes do), I am now stuck with a broken one, and cannot be refunded.
on May 29, 2014
Company is a liar in every possible way. Look at the package: "save 90% electricity", now underneath "replaces 75W"... okay even by doing simple math with these (overrated) numbers we can come to 84% savings, not 90%.
Title says A60 - there is no such thing as A60.

But the main concern is that such companies should be banned from here totally for doing such shady business. This bulb is nowhere close to 1200 Lumen, 760 Lumen tested. Not 1100, not even 900; 7 6 0 Lumen.

Among other BS they also claim "GS(Geprufte Sicherheit) certified". After I requested to see this certificate, the company stopped answering my emails completely. Go figure.

Buyer beware.