Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on August 22, 2012
For the price it's OK, but I would not characterize it as "super bright," even when all 18 LEDs are switched on. It's bright enough to see your way around in the dark, but needs supplementation for intense detail work in dark corners, like plumbing under the sink or starting small screws when working under a vehicle. The head strap is good and secure, but the up/down adjustment of the light leaves something to be desired in that it's detented. I.e., the light adjusts up and down in discrete clicks, and where you really need it to point is often between clicks. Another minor irritant: you need a small screwdriver to dig out the batteries when replacing them.
99 comments| 310 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2013
Here is the jist of this product.

-It's cheap, but good for the price
-It takes 3 AAA batteries (included)
-There are 3 brightness levels for the white LED (2-10-18 White LED)
-There is one level for the red LED's which are in their own housing underneath the main circle of White LEDs. These Red LEDs are blinking, they are not steady.

I was looking for a steady Red LED headlamp, but since these blink I had to open it up and take the 2 red ones out and replace the 2 setting white LEDs with them to get a 2 steady red LED.
66 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2012
This is a great little product. I live at 8000 feet so often I have to venture forth at night to gather wood or something. Wearing this little light is much preferred to sucking on a maglite. You can also scare relatives when you switch on the red led and pretend to be a radioactive zombie.
1212 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2012
The light has 3 or 4 settings. I bought one for my son and I and sitting around the campfire at night we didnt need to light up the lantern because this provided us with plenty of light for whatever we were doing. It is probable a little bulkier than some of the more expensive models, but I didn't notice any problems with the weight of it on my head.

Bottom line, it works great and is brighter than I expected and I wouldn't pay more money for one of the more expensive brands.

Easy 5 stars.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
Just because this is bigger than some other headlamps doesn't mean it's brighter. It's not. However, for a wonderfully inexpensive emergency headlamp, it fits the bill. I wouldn't use this if I was an outdoor enthusiast.
on February 23, 2013
Probably not bright enough to do an open chest triple value bypass but will do for allowing your hands free for small work like hanging a picture in a dim hallway or organizing junk in a closet or drilling a hole in the correct spot at night....dont ask me why one would want to do that but one can with this if one wishes.
on February 18, 2013
I have had similar headlamps but not as versatile as this one. During the recent hurricane when the lights were out for several days, I was able to get by with a similar headlamp. I worked on building a model, read books and was able to carry-on pretty much as well as with normal lighting.
But this unit is superior to the one that served well during the storm. It is brighter and offers two different degrees of brightness. In addition it has an interesting featrure of allowing the choice of showing a blinking red "emergency" light.

I would recommend this to hobbyists needing more light on the workpiece, people needing light while working in the dark, and particularly for emergency kits to employ (the device) during black-outs and similar events.
on April 13, 2015
My experience with this product was that it was very poorly constructed. It never worked because the battery compartment was MISSING A BATTERY CONNECTION! Don't waste your time & money. Buy something else! What I showed in the pictures is how the spring connection part for the negative side of the battery is missing entirely. What a joke of a product. Just complete garbage.
review image review image review image review image
1212 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2015
Box says 78 lumens so it is not "super bright". Not even close. The people that make this headlamp must be idiots to make the 2 red LEDs ONLY flash, making them useless for ANY use in the dark. Can't read, or hike with them in the dark with the flashing. Can't even use them as a nighttime safety device for joggers or bike riders because they are too dim to be seen at any distance. There are far brighter, and cheaper, safety flashers for that purpose. I'm not even sure this deserves 2 stars because you can get a much brighter, higher quality headlamp for about half this price over on eBay, but because it does work, at least, so ill give the 2. I own about 30 different headlamps and the best shopping tip I can give is NEVER buy one that does not specify the lumens in the description.
review image
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2015
This product is proof that good things come in small packages. I loved this headlamp so much that I bought five of them.

Two went to my kids who use them to read in bed at night. One went to my dad to provide extra and targeted illumination for hands-free work. Two more were deployed to in-case-of-emergency locations: in the glove compartment of my car as well as the kitchen supply drawer. I'm holding the final one as a future gift.

At one-third the originally listed price, this headlamp is a bargain for which you'll find a use. Everything about this item is outstanding. It has a lightweight design featuring a wide-strap, adjustable and elastic head band. A click of the side rubber button sets the brightness: 1 click is two LEDs, 2 clicks is 10 LEDs, 3 clicks is the full 18 LEDs, and the 4th click is the 2 blinking red LEDs.

Comfort isn't sacrificed for value - thick foam padding is embedded almost flush to the inside of the forehead plate. Finally, the unit sits on the front of that plate and can be rotated down to more than a 90 degree angle.

This is a super bright, compact, ingenious and user-friendly headlamp. I replaced the enclosed off-brand batteries with longer-lasting batteries. The no-frills packaging and low price belie the high quality and value of this headlamp. I highly recommend multiple purchases of this item.
review image review image review image