Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Likas Papaya Herbal Whitening Soap 135 g Bar
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 7, 2011
I have never bothered to write about a product I've used because no other product I've used actually worked 100% or deserves my time to comment. My skin color is medium to sort of light-african woman- but I had some discoloration (my stomach, my butt and my back were sort of bronze, darker than the rest of my body) my chest, legs, arms and face are light. So, if I wore a bikini or were undressed around my husband (though he never sees the difference and says I am beautiful no matter what) I was uncomfortable because my body didn't match. By the way I tried other products only on my face because I have mild acne problems and that also discolors my face though not as extreme as my body. Those products never worked, I never saw the differenc with my face so when I ordered this I read a lot of reviews like my own (praising the likas) and just never believed it really. I just wanted to try it so I did, only on my body though because reviewers said it breaks out their face and such. For the most part, in my shower, I have body washes like Dove and such, so I only washed my darker areas with the soap and not the parts I was okay with. One bar of soap, half way through it, I couldnt believe my light chest and neck matched my dark stomach, back and buns! My body is one color after one soap, it is weird, unbelievable, shocking, and exciting all at once that this little soap WORKED! OMG this is rediculous, how is this possible? In the last itty bitty part of the soap I tried my face and yes it worked better than any cream, any washes I have used. BTW those other washes, creams and also exfloints caused me ample amount of cash, sons of bitches hit me over the head and took my wallet. Of course, with tiny-eye-squinting results or none at all! So with that said, I would shout at the top of a mountain and recommend this little natural soap to any and everyone because it REALLY WORKS.

As far as breaking out my face, I could never tell what breaks out my face because it has its moments and have not found anything to help it but intibiotic capsuls from my doc. That can be drangerous for the liver (and other organs) if use is prolonged so I just ordered the "black soap" a lot of people are saying it works on acne so if it works for me I will write about it. I have tried EVERYTHING natural, expensive and all in between for my small-medium acne problems. If this works I will die with excitment. I will let you know! Stay tuned...
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2010
I used this product for dark underarms. There was a significant and visible improvement two bars down. It works slowly, but it does work.
on August 6, 2012
most people are typically skeptical about skin lightening products, but this one i can say works for me.
it takes quiet a while to start recognizing results (with any kinda product it usually does)and it makes your skin extremely dry after you get out of the shower. but all in all its inexpensive and is a great way to lighten your complexion or dark underarms (anything really). just remember to read the directions on the box and i recommend that you get a thing of sunblock that you really like (non oil). if you dont use sunblock when you go outside your skin will be even more sensitive to the sun and you will tan even more than what your previous complexion was. remember, take care of your skin and always wear sunblock!
on April 27, 2011
First off, I will like to say that I have a dark complexion. After a vacation, I noticed that the skin on my face and neck had darkened considerably while my upper body remained the same. I bought the soap after reading the glowing reviews. I simply wanted to lighten my complexion to match the rest of my body. Well, after 2 months of usage, I can say that the soap did not work. Strange to say, my complexion appears to be even darker. This soap my work for people with a lighter complexion, but I do not think it works for those with a darker hue. Also, when I received the soap by mail, I was surprised to find that the box containing the soap had already been opened.
on April 6, 2010
I have tried several bleaches and was hesitant in trying this product. But I just gave it a try, I had nothing to loose. My situation is that during my pregnancy I ended up with dark underarms. It got worst after having my second child. I would use different skin bleaches but they never helped. So I bought the Likas Papaya Herbal Soap and to my surprise it helped. It is a slow process but I was able to see a significant change. Now I feel comfortable wearing tang tops and I don't feel uncomfortable in showing my underarms. It really works.Likas Papaya Herbal Whitening Soap 135 g Bar
on August 6, 2011
I wouldn't go so far as to say I've used a ton of skin lightening products, but I have used a lot of natural skin remedies [...] and to date, Likas soap has tended to bring much better results. Even of the commercial remedies, nothing else yet has really beat this soap.

Now, for the record I am not a dark skinned person, and I usually am just using Likas soap to lighten tans obtained from being in the sun too long, so I don't know if it would work if your goal is actual bleaching of pigment. It does seem to speed up the process of getting my skin back to its old color if I get tanned or burnt though. I once went outdoors to paint some furniture and saw I'd darkened, and I just ran in and immediately applied an egg white remedy to my skin and washed it off with Likas (and some harsh scrubbing with a Salux Cloth) and the color was gone at once.

Also, just about everyone I know who has had success with this soap reports that they lather up with it BEFORE getting into the shower so that it can sit on the skin for a while, then be rinsed off: so this is a good way to go about it, I'd say. I'll add that I usually do try the Likas in conjunction with another remedy or product, but no matter what treatment I do I always get better results from using it with the Likas.
on June 2, 2014
I bought it for my small spot of melisma and it didn't do anything, bought the Chinese one and lightened immediately and it had that citrus smell and the Lukas didn't . So I'm not sure if it is real. The only positive I can say is that it will leave your skin super soft. So I probably will buy for that purpose also it will dry pimples in a breeze.
on April 13, 2012
Products always arrive days before the expected delivery! I have had skin pigmentation problems the majority of my life and have tried various prescribed and personally purchased products with no avail. I began using this soap last fall and the results have been amazing! The complexion and tone of my skin have improved drastically and the discoloration issues have almost completely subsided!
on June 3, 2013
Black Female, 25 years old:
This soap has changed my beauty routine. I love it! I use it in the summer time because my skin is so sensitve to sunlight. I burn easily and my skin becomes really dark, flaky and irritated. If I dont use a high SPF my skin looks terrible. I use this soap for about a week and I go back to my usual color. It is very drying though, so I do use a good lotion on my body (eucerin, keri, Lubriderm, etc) and i use cocoa butter or shea butter on my face. Ive read reviews and some people dont like the scent, but i like it, its very soft and clean smelling to me.
on August 13, 2014
I have been using this soap for 4 days now and yes I can see the difference not in change of color since this is not what I want but it is great on toning the skin giving it a supple nice smooth look its hard to describe I just really like this for my face and body feels like a exfoliator and seems to even help my make up look smoother when I apply it!!!

See 1 answered question