5.0 out of 5 stars The Future Social Media Marketing Textbook
This book is likeable. It's a two-thumbs up easy read, chock full of important social media marketing strategies that have a down-to-earth quality full of integrity.

"Listen carefully, be transparent, be responsive, be authentic, tell great stories--the qualities that would make you the hotshot at the party--they'll make your organization a likable one on...
Published on May 22, 2011 by by Lisa Jo Barr

2.0 out of 5 stars Fluff
I had high expectations, after reading such great Amazon reviews, but was extremely disappointed with the overall quality. No new teaching here, and not even anything eye opening or noteworthy. Save your money.

Bottom line: this book (like so many these days) should have taken the form of a few blog posts, or a short article.
Published 12 months ago by Kyle S

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read for Every Marketer, March 28, 2012
This review is from: Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (And Other Social Networks) (Paperback)
I picked up Dave's Likeable book before a cross country flight, mainly because I was looking for a good read and some fresh inspiration. I work in social media and video marketing, constantly looking for new ways to generate leads, buzz, viral content, you name it.

This book exceeded my expectations. On the previously mentioned flight, I found myself frantically searching for a pen to jot down ideas that were coming across in the text. I titled this review, "Must Read for Every Marketer," because Dave is not just selling social media, he is selling an attitude. Fostering conversations, encouraging brand advocates, and developing customer relationships are all addressed through the vehicle of social media.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Social Media Strategy, April 4, 2012
Not only did I read this book in one day, I read it during my work day and was paid for it. So already it has a plus in my book, ha.

I felt like Kerpen did a great job of simplifying the dos and don'ts of creating a social media presence, but one thing I found lacking was his further explanation on specifically how to create targeted Facebook and Google Ads and Facebook apps. (I guess I'm going to have to go play with Facebook now . . .)

Otherwise, awesome. I wish he had an office in San Francisco; I would apply right now because I love this stuff.

I wrote our business's entire Social Media strategy after reading this book and it helped me feel like I didn't leave anything out. Yay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Wisdom Through Story Telling, February 7, 2013
Length:: 1:46 Mins

Just wanted to do this for fun. This is truly a great read for all levels of Social Media experience levels and for everyone in the field. It explains great strategies and tactics in a conversational way, that you feel Dave Kerpen is actually speaking to you. The stories are warm and funny and very authentic which seems to be his biggest philosophy as a Social Media thought leader. Go out and buy this book, you will not regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fundamentals for developing a Social Media Marketing plan., October 28, 2013
One of my favorite past times is reading books by people who are doing great things. Dave Kerpen, CEO and Founder of Likeable Marketing, falls in to this category with his book Likeable: Social Media. How to Delight your Customers, Create an Irresistible brand, and Be generally amazing on Facebook (and other social networks). The book sheds light on using Social Media to brand a business. It’s based on a very simple idea: Be Likeable.

Dave’s content is supported by examples, examples and more examples. This provides a lot of context and how working social media, in Likeable fundamentals, can brand your company through word of mouth marketing. One of my favorite examples is about targeting a very specific type of demographic. To practice Dave took an Advertisement out on Facebook and targeted his wife, and only his wife. This has been a large part of how I have tailored this very blog. Targeting transitioning military looking to stay in the D.C. area.

The style of writing is very similar to reading a series of blog postings. Titles and subtitles are very clean and concise. Sub-titles such as: “Eight Cool Things You Can Do with A Facebook Ad” and “How to get the Like: Develop Your Value Proposition” give a blog feel. Coupled with a very relaxed conversational tone makes this book an easy and enjoyable read.

Lastly, all the tools provided can be used be practice by you, right now. Every chapter ends with a Call to Action that gives the reader a framework to start when it comes to marketing and branding. This was a great part of Dave’s book. Practical usage and exercises, if performed, can start showing results as quickly as a week, maybe longer depending on the action item.

During my reading, and knowing I was doing this book review, I was looking for something to enhance the book series. It was hard to find something. Some suggestions are:

Before purchasing the book, have a fundamental understanding of Social Media as a whole. Dave dives right in to Facebook advertising, targeting, and other aspects. For a true social media Novice this could be a little daunting and scary.
Dave focuses heavily on Facebook. I hope he releases more books that encompass his dealings with LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+. He has a lot of Social media knowledge that can be shared across these different platforms.

Pick Up Dave’s book or his other Likeable series and you will not be disappointed. Great content, easy read, and action items that will actually work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Social Media Nerds and Novices Alike!, March 26, 2012
Full disclosure: I work with Dave. It's awesome.

As you might expect about a person who works at Likeable Media, I'm a huge social media nerd. I read absolutely every social media book, article and case study I can get my hands on. The unfortunate thing about that is that there's a tendency to repeat what's already been said and regurgitate old information and bore the pants off of everyone. There have actually been a couple instances where I've cracked open a social media book, read a few lines and put it aside in case I was having trouble falling asleep later.

I didn't have that problem with Dave's book. It was informative and interesting and did a great job of incorporating old marketing ideas with new ones. Even in instances where the book was explaining something I felt I already knew about, it did so in a way that I didn't get the urge to kick back in my snuggie and take a nap. I instantly wanted to go check out every example in the book to see first hand how certain brands are doing amazing things in the social media world.

Oh, and in case you're the CEO of a start-up with just about zero spare time on your hands, fear not- it's a fast read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Things You Need: Likeable Social Media, February 22, 2012
Stephen (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
I'm a self-proclaimed nerd who has been doctor-diagnosed as someone who lacks the ability to focus on long boring tasks. I've never been one to complete a book in one sitting, but this one was filled with enough interesting content that kept me turning pages. For someone who has the attention span of a gnat, I found that I was able to read the entire thing (and retain most of its contents) during a flight from DC to San Francisco. That, in my eyes, speaks volumes about the way the information was presented -- extremely well.

I love anecdotes, and this book was chock full of 'em! Maybe it's because I have an interest in social media and how to be amazing while using it, but I found that the examples could be applied to multiple industries. I currently work in the nonprofit sector, and we're always looking for ways to engage our followers and donors. For the nonprofits out there, you'll find great information that you can use to help spread your mission to the masses. It's easy to read, fun and it'll help you as you brainstorm about new campaigns for outreach.

Likeable Social Media for the win!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Awesome Book, August 15, 2013
I was introduced to this book as part of my MBA program, however after reading it, I think this should be a mandatory book for not only every marketing person, but every member of any organization! So much insight, so much perspective on the new paradigm of marketing & customer service. As a consumer I want to be respected when I am marketed to, I want to be heard when I have issues. Organizations that have read this book, and taken its principals are organizations I want to do business with. Similarly it dictates how I need to market to and treat my customers, and the opportunity social media gives us, that far surpass traditional marketing media! Looking forward to a much better 'social' experience as a consumer. The next jerk that calls me on my cell phone during dinner time, will certainly be recommended this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Media (Golden) Rules, June 1, 2011
Dave Kerpen is helping to bring the golden rule to social media. He calls it being likeable, but we already know it as treating others as you would like to be treated: It's so simple but often so hard to execute in real life, let alone online. Even with a limited budget, any brand, person, or idea can be shared with the right people - people who are eager to embrace positive messages and who want to like you back. There are the plenty of stories, statistics, and case studies, but I was most impressed by Dave's clear, concise, and actionable steps. This is a super-useful read for any brand looking to use Facebook to build better relationships with current and potential customers, employees, and the Facebook universe in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of tips to make your companies Social Media rock!, August 8, 2011
Peg Fitzpatrick "Peg Fitzpatrick" (Keene, New Hampshire United States) - See all my reviews
Likeable is a wealth of information for anyone working in Social Media or just getting started in the business. Proven tips for making your Facebook page more Likeable with real life examples. Dave Kerpen works with Social Media everyday and shares his expertise.

Step by step examples and doable tasks at the end of each chapter make this not only a fun book to read but also provide the skills needed to make a difference in your Social Media practices.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY- More than just vague cliches, May 20, 2011
Even though I work with the author and have heard these stories many times, I still managed to learn something. So many marketing and social media books try to give you advice in the form of vague statements like "have great content" or "be responsive" but the advice normally ends there. This book goes beyond the vague suggestions and cliche terms. Dave outlines exactly what counts as "great content" and exactly what steps are required for "being responsive." Each chapter tackles a necessary component to being successful in social media marketing and each chapter ends with action items that can put his words into a reality for your business. If you want to learn where to begin with using social media for your business, I would recommend this book. If you already think you know everything about social media marketing, I would still recommend this book because so many of the obvious necessities are the things we forget to do everyday. Overall, education & fun to read! Very #likeable!

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›