Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I Liked It Better When You Had No Heart
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 23, 2010
this cd gets better and better after each listen. easily a top album for 2010. i have a feeling i'll be listening to this one for YEARS!
on February 23, 2010
I have been a Butch fan for quite some time. This is a very solid and complete album. His last two efforts have seemed to have seen Butch grow up a little bit. Like some others have stated, when I listen to this album, I hear splashes of ELO, Queen, and the Steve Miller Band. Some of the standouts on this album are Days/Months/Years, Pretty Melody, She Likes Hair Bands. Do yourself a favor and pick up this album, and if you can see Butch on tour, he puts on a great show.
on June 20, 2013
Butch is a talent - even the songs that aren't pop hit types are great. I listen to every song on the album, don't skip through any. I'd give it 5 stars but have to leave a little space at the top for others. If you like to read, buy "Drinking with Strangers" and get to know Butch. If you don't like to read, buy the book anyway. It's a great read.
on December 23, 2012
The first time that I heard a couple of songs from this album I just had to get it.Butch Walker writes some of his songs in a real Beatlesque manner-yes he's that good-and the album is engineered and produced almost as well as the late Beatle albums were.Anything by Butch Walker is certainly worth picking up,especially those who are into Beatles and 60s British Invasion music..
on August 3, 2013
A nice cd to listen from the first song to the last. Butch shows the diversity and how he can change in every record by not changing at all and somehow you know that he's still being butch walker .Can't believe it's been almost ten years I've been listening to him and never get bored.
on February 24, 2010
Ok..so I have been awaiting the much anticipated release of this album which I pre-ordered this recent work from Butch Walker... Let me say this is probably one the best music producers/recording artist in the biz and he never disappoints. Pick up this album and support a truly great musician who never get's his just dues. This album just sounds like a good time was happening in the course of it's making and I am excited to add this to my IPOD!

Teresa
on February 23, 2010
Butch Walker's latest is just simply awesome. The whole album is just honest to goodness rock n roll. Butch shows once again that he's an incredible song writer that can tell a story, make you smile, and shake your ass all in the span of a few tunes.

Unlike his last album 'Sycamore Meadows', this one is more band-based and it totally works. Throughout the album, you can hear musical 'shout out's' to ELO, Tom Petty, and even Queen.

My favorites are probably "Pretty Melody" (which indeed has a pretty melody which WILL get stuck in your head) and "Don't You Think Someone Should Take You Home". Both of those songs feature gorgeous string arrangements and beautifully haunting meolodies.

There aren't any real rocking tunes on this record but there aren't any weak songs either. If you're a Butch Walker fan at all, you'll definitely like it.
VINE VOICEon May 7, 2010
I am a diehard Butch fan. I can't say I really love this release though. It is akin to Sycamore Meadows and has more of a cafe feel to it. It is lacking the old, heavy guitar riffs of the past. I understand his need for creativity and appreciate his indie style. The music still has heart and soul, that is never lacking. I just miss the balls out rocking. Butch, how about next time around you go back to your roots, at least for half the songs? I'd really love that. Thank you.
on January 24, 2013
Do I really need to write a review about the music? Its Butch, its great, the end!

The thing I like is the extras! A CD and a poster, all for a great price... Yes i know it says it in the description, but when I ordered it I was just in for the vinyl
on September 29, 2012
Anyone that doesn't like this record is completely moronically missing the point. This by far Butch's most passionate and artistic album to date. Those missing his pop-lite flair and easily intimidated by Nashville-influenced hooks and George Martin inspired string based hooks, head for the hills, because this is a fully realized alt. Rick masterpiece. All dissenting opinions are just sadly I'll informed or have incredibly bad and juvenile taste.