Customer Discussions > Night Castle (2 CD) forum

Liking what i've heard so far

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2009 7:16:59 PM PDT
The 6 tracks i've heard from this album have somewhat rekindled my enthusiasm for Night Castle. Night Enchanted, by itself, didn't do a lot for me. But Sparks, Toccata, The Lion's Roar, Moonlight and Madness, these tracks are like a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to hear the rest of it. The guitar work in Toccata is frickin' amazing. I'm confident now that the album as a whole may have some potential. Will it be worth the 5 year wait? Jury's still out on that one, at least until late October :)

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 12:08:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2009 12:09:22 PM PDT
K. Walters says:
I agree with you. The six tracks give you a good idea what to expect. Sparks and Toccata are both growing on me quickly. Dreams We Conceive has a bit of the Lost Christmas Eve sound to it but it is pretty good too.

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 1:21:39 PM PDT
Jacob Minger says:
I agree with both of you. Toccata and Moonlight and Madness are some of my favorite tracks from the five that are now up on the albums website. The guitar work has face melting potential. Add to that the fact that the vocal tracks "Sparks" in particular is really starting to grow on me and I can tell that this album is going to be good. I also agree that Night Enchanted was a little underwealming and probably not the best track to release as a teaser for the album because you get nothing from it. I think either of the instrumentals from the 6 that were released later would have been a better fit for a teaser song. I can't wait until the end of next week. (Pre-ordered will probably be here Friday) :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2009 3:29:37 PM PDT
where have you heard the music?
Amazon isn't putting the songs up yet

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2009 3:30:01 PM PDT
where have you heard the music?
Amazon isn't putting the songs up yet

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 3:59:53 PM PDT
I received the 2cd set this morning from Amazon. I've listened through the complete set twice now. I'm greatly impressed. Not every song is great but there is are 26 songs here, I didn't expect greatness from every track. Overall, however, this may be TSO's masterpiece. I always found myself, when listening to their previous disks, skipping some tracks to get to the next good song. With Nightcastle, I don't think I'll be doing that. Very, very good indeed.

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 5:36:11 PM PDT
Jacob Minger says:
Gary, How the hell did you get the set 3 days early? Tell me please :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2009 6:09:43 PM PDT
Jacob Minger says:
Its nice to hear that the CD was worth the wait and I'm glad your enjoying it I have to wait till Friday to get mine in the mail, I can't wait

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2009 6:12:53 PM PDT
Jacob Minger says:
Kathy,
Go to www.nightcastlealbum.com in the right hand corner there is a little silver media player that says Play This Album click on that and you can hear the songs :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2009 7:37:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2009 7:41:59 PM PDT
thanks, I had to turn something off
to make it go :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2009 10:18:13 PM PDT
Jacob Minger says:
I no longer have to wait a friend gave me a download link where I downloaded the album (still paying for it though cause I want the booklet). But I have to agree wholehartedly with you Gary. I'm loving every minute of this album so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2009 10:54:33 AM PDT
Thanks so much for telling us the website! What a wicked cool place to visit! I loved the 3-d effects they came up with in the graphics on the site.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Night Castle (2 CD) forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 25, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Night Castle (2 CD)
Night Castle (2 CD) by Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Audio CD - 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (389)