5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, missing one song though
I love this sountrack! I guess it helps that Lilo and Stitch is my favorite movie, but this soundtrack is definitely a winner.
This thing is packed with Elvis hits from start to finish, and all of us old folk will be moving our hips again to these old tunes that were still pretty popular when we were young. It's nice to see the King resurrected once again for an...
Published on December 31, 2002 by Archie Bunker

3.0 out of 5 stars Comes with a "poster", I guess
Start with a neutral three stars.
Take away a star for being mostly Elvis. Elvis is nice, but if I wanted 'mostly Elvis' I'd just buy... something else.
I really like that there are-- I just fat fingered between the E and R and came up with the word I was trying to type. Neat, huh? Anyway, I like that there are quotes from the movie between songs. Give it a...
Published 3 months ago by Nef

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I met Elvis, June 15, 2002
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
I must say I didn't care much for Elvis and I didn't know much about him. This record made me look at elvis and his music is great. It's filled with energy and motion, I keep on singing in my head Devil in disguise whenever I'm running or jogging. ANd the Hawaiian songs are the best plus ever. It is a really enjoyable CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fun, FUN!, June 26, 2002
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
I loved the movie. And guess what? I love the soundtrack too. The music fits so perfectly with the emotion in the film...its amazing. The opening song "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride" is great..."there's no place I'd rather be/than on a surfboard or out at sea..." it evokes the emotions of carefree beaches and sunny skies.
Elvis hasnt been up on my list of favorite artists, but his songs are great as well. "Stuck on You" "HoundDog" and the others make me want to tap my feet and dance along. Great, just great.
Wynona Judd does a version of "Burnin' Love" and makes me want to get up and dance as well. Her voice is awesome and evokes a fun playful emotional response.
The other song that I enjoyed was the cover of "Can't help fallin' in Love" sung by the A Teens. They have done the song well and mixed it nicely. It evokes a fun, bubbly, and playful sense of awareness. The song is played at the end of the movie during the credits, when we are seeing pictures of Lilo, Stitch, Jumba, Bubbles and the others. They message isnt necessarily one of romantic love. It is one of a joyous sense of belonging and loving those that are closest to you...family and friends. I listen to this CD on my way to morning classes, and it makes me totally ready for the day. Its awesome. I dig it. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful, May 3, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
Before I saw Lilo and Stitch, I never thought much of Elvis. Now I'm the biggest Elvis fan ever! Songs like Heartbreak Hotel and Suspicious Minds become permenantly fixed in your head. Wyonna, a country and western artist, sings a remade version of Burning Love, which 'totally rocks' and A-Teen sings a new pop version of I can't Help Falling in Love with You. Other songs on the CD are Hawaiin Roller Coaster Ride and another Hawaiin song, both beautiful and powerful. Also included are three instrumentals. If you haven't heard any of these then I suggest you do, because they are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Request for Music Fans, July 12, 2002
Mandy Brixey (Independence, Missouri) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
The site where you can get lyrics to the Lilo and Stitch songs is called stlyrics.com. I thought the cd was awesome. I just love Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, August 13, 2002
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
The story of "Lilo & Stitch" combines a pair of unlikely heroes ... a little Hawaiian girl and an oddly charming alien. The delightful soundtrack makes another strangely pleasing pairing between traditional Hawaiian sounds and the music of Elvis Presley. I love Wynonna's version of "Burning Love;" this lady sings like the woman of substance that she is. Little bits of film dialogue introduce some of the tracks; this works very well for this particular album. Run, do not walk, to see the movie, with its important message about "ohana" and how families can be created independent of blood ties ... and about the importance of being true to yourself no matter what other people think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, without reservation the best music... except:, July 16, 2002
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
I will always cherish the memory of seeing this movie, both times. My girlfriend & I laughed, awwed, rooted & cheered. We drove home quoting lines & imitating Stitch's voice. We love LOVED adored the title sequence music & the "Hawaiian rollercoaster" scenes & music. Yet again, in this movie, Disney has made a magnificent story visually appealing & tremendously entertaining, something for everyone to enjoy for years to come. UNFORTUNATELY: Disney, as usual, has missed the target in the release of the album. I understand the space limitations inherent to CDs, I understand that economically it's wiser to market the CD as a combination Soundtrack & Score. There aren't any songs I'd remove from the disc; I'd just issue independent discs for soundtrack & score, thereby enabling the lovely "Aloha 'oe" to be included.
All in all, a minor gripe. Buy this album. Buy this movie. Buy a theatre so you can see this movie as big as possible. Most importantly; see this movie with someone you love.

5.0 out of 5 stars All day, every day..., May 19, 2005
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
I literally listened to this CD all day long for an average of 3 days a week (some weeks not at all, sometimes the entire week) for 5 months. I was a Walt Disney World College Program Merchandise Hostess in Adventureland (Hi Pirates!), and in Island Supply, they loop this to play in the store. I was working 6-8 hour days in this side of Adventureland for about half of my time in Orlando (the other half was in the Pirates of the Caribbean side and on Main Street USA). In my opinion, this is the best soundtrack you will hear in the park for listening to over and over again. There were days when I got sick of whatever calypso stuff they were playing in the Pirates stores (suprisingly, they don't play Yo Ho! all day...), and there were days that I got sick of hearing the parade soundtrack, but I don't actually remember getting sick of listening to this soundtrack.

4.0 out of 5 stars The fun!, June 16, 2003
Bram Janssen (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
With time, Disney-films have become increasingly cheekier, grown-up and well ... groovier. We've had Hercules, The Emperor's New Groove and Toy Story. Now Lilo and Stitch is obviously a next step in this (r)evolution. No sweeping, dramatic songs in this one. Not one. Instead, you're served a whoopin' dish of rock `n roll!
You can't go wrong with a soundtrack like this. Some bits of Elvis here, poppy A*Teens there - as well as excerpts from Alan Silvestri's symphonic film-music. And don't forget the traditional Hawaiian music (thank Silvestri for that too).
A most unusual soundtrack to a Disney animated film. A bit short, I must agree. And too bad there're no Enhanced CD extras (the disk-space - and Disney's creativity - is there for that sort of stuff, hint hint). But after each listening, do I leave the room a-swinging? Does it improve my mood? Do I like this album?
... my God I know I do!
This one gets four stars... just for the excitement of it.
Bram Janssen,
The Netherlands

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds you of the movie, April 7, 2005
Rose Jones (Westborough,MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
I love this cd because it reminds me of the movie and it just a feel good cd. Everyone needs this one in their collection if they have seen the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Your Typical Disney Soundtrack., August 30, 2002
tvtv3 "tvtv3" (Sorento, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch (Audio CD)
LILO & STITCH is not your typical Disney movie and the soundtrack to the film illustrates why. Five of the songs on the album are sung by Elvis and there are two other Elvis songs sung by other artists. Add two original Hawaiian numbers and three score compostions and you have the whole album. The typical pop ballad found in most other animated Disney films of the past two decades is not here. I mean, the majority of the soundtrack are songs from the King. How un-Disney is that? Anyway, my favorite songs are "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" and "He Mele No Lilo". This ablum has something for the entire family and proves for some good listening time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Lilo & Stitch
Lilo & Stitch by Alan Silvestri (Audio CD - 2002)
Rate and Discover Movies