4.0 out of 5 stars good bra
This bra--is true to size--it fits perfect--make solid---feminine--attractive---good support (good for larger sizes DD)..Haven't found a bra this nice in a long time--I ordered the cream color--and am going to order the black and white one as well.

Published on February 28, 2007 by curlybluelady

1.0 out of 5 stars ...bring back the #458 minimizer!
Published on June 13, 2008 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars good bra, February 28, 2007
This review is from: Lilyette Women's Microfiber Minimizer Bra #428 (Apparel)

Good fit--back doesn't ride up--straps are fine--even thought they do not have the padded shoulder strap...this minimisor works well and is nothing like others I have tried that made me feel like I was in a vise..

My Grandmother sold loungerie her whole life in a high end store---she always said Lilyette was the best brand---she may have been right!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars ...bring back the #458 minimizer!, June 13, 2008
This review is from: Lilyette Women's Microfiber Minimizer Bra #428 (Apparel)
I could no longer find the #458 Lilyette minimizer bra, but the #428 looks similar, so I purchased it thinking it might be similar, and it was a big disappointment. I would say, unless you are going for the "rocks in a sock" look popularized by one of John Belushi's characters on Saturday Night Live, avoid this bra like the plague. Unlike the #458, there is absolutely zero support for the lower half of your breast area so they just hang there without any shaping or support whatsoever. Also if you are a little shy about the outline of the nipple area showing, the fabric of this bra clings like plastic wrap, living nothing to the imagination!

5.0 out of 5 stars great basic, January 25, 2007
This review is from: Lilyette Women's Microfiber Minimizer Bra #428 (Apparel)
I love this bra! I bought another one and wear both a lot, becaause they are so durable and provide amazing lift and support. They may be a bit granny-ish but work wonderfully as everyday bras. I actually like that there is no padding, as a size 34DD any additional bulk bothers me. I highly reccommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars get this!, November 27, 2007
if you are small frame with a big bust, this is for you. it is: pretty, comfortable and gives great support. i got two and i love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without this bra, January 22, 2010
This review is from: Lilyette Women's Microfiber Minimizer Bra #428 (Apparel)
I heard a Canadian comic say "when you get older, breasts aren't as much fun as they used to be, but you're still responsible for them!" If you're 40+ that goes double. But if you're fit- but busty- this bra style is the well-nigh perfect bra.

Like many of the reviewers here, I miss the legendary Lilyette Minimizer #458. This bra is the same style/design as the #458, but seems less durable. But if you were fated to walk through life with D cup breasts, this bra remains the indispensable choice. It shapes & lifts, without squishing or padding- like a "balcony" style bra. It provides even, comfortable, almost "suspension" support.

When the #458 disappeared (sob, sniffle) I went on a serious hunt for a replacement. But even Waacol and Chantelle bras at $60-100 didn't replace this bra for me. The style is still "an engineering marvel" as another reviewer here writes of the old version. Though I devoutly wish the penny-pinching MBA-geniuses at Lilyette/Maidenform HQ hadn't decided to change to this no-doubt more profitable variation on the #458, this bra is the most comfortable and pretty available for well-endowed women who don't mind looking somewhat sexy, but don't want to look ridiculous.

BTW these bras are always coming in and out of stock here with Amazon Prime. At Maidenform.com, they usually have them available, and reasonable or free shipping over a certain price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfu Fit, Supportive for Full Figures, July 25, 2011
M. E. Hancock "JoyDay" (Temple Hills, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I had a Lilyette bra that was probably the best one among the many that I owned. The greatest feature of Lilyette is that the underwire is anchored and stays in place. So many other underwire bras are unstable and easily move out of place, and you lose support in the process. Lilyette has conquered this problem, and while this model is not the same as the original, it has all the features I needed. The fabric is delicate and attractive, but supportive to the max. The back structure is great, and the 3-prong fastener adds support as well. Based on quality of fabric, fit, and support,I have rated this garment 5 out of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars This bra fits very well....., December 6, 2008
GrandMama (Omaha NE USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lilyette Women's Microfiber Minimizer Bra #428 (Apparel)
and I have worn this style for years, I just wish that after a few washings and wears that the straps didn't fold over and cut into my shoulders. I have tried a few other brands and though the straps were more comfy, either the support wasn't very good or my breasts got shoved up into my armpits. Try walking around like that all day long. This, for me, is a great bra, just make the straps wider.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Great!!!, November 3, 2006
I really like the bra, my only problem is I would like it to have a little more padding but other than that, I love it...I actually went and bought 3 more just like it and it is about the only bra I wear....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable bra for better than average boobs, April 30, 2013
Many women I know would prefer not to have to use a bra daily... they are hot, they are itchy, they pinch, and sometimes they can make your boobs look weird. This bra, however, is a very comfortable bra. I've purchased several of these, and the first one took hours of tedious trying-on in a Macy's fitting room. There are many good things about this bra. The fabric of this bra is silky but not slippery. The underwires are well padded and covered in such a way that they don't slide around underneath. The straps are placed in a good spot and don't slide. The lace isn't the itchy type. And, best of all, there is no padding so your boobs won't get too hot or look like sofa cushions! Yay boobs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bra, June 15, 2011
Im a big big busted girl and its always hard to find a good supporting bra well this one is mind u that it covers alot so low cut shirts may not work with it to well and it dose have alot of hooks but if ur big busted ur use to those i love them oh and as in all bras its best to wash them thuroly

Lilyette Women's Microfiber Minimizer Bra #428