Limited Collector's Edition Listed!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2012 3:26:31 PM PST
Sean Farrell says:
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Limited Collector's Edition

Not sure what'll be different, so I'm keeping both of my pre-orders for the time being.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:35:18 AM PST
Minions says:

Glad I got my order in.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 1:42:02 PM PST
Christoph says:
Already sold out. Another The Sky situation.....hope the handful of legit buyers enjoy.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 7:02:35 PM PST
TradeMark says:
Still available on Barnes and Noble for $32.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-legend-of-zelda-shigeru-miyamoto/1113851197?ean=9781616551612

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:06:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 11:07:12 AM PST
A.S. says:
Hm?

Something I noticed on the product pages:
Regular Edition: 280 pages
Collector's Edition: 272 pages

Maybe the CE is slightly larger (page size, obviously not page length), and of better quality? Just conjecture, since new hardcovers usually retail around $30-35-ish and Hyrule Historia is pretty much the exception.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 6:25:25 PM PST
Dudahinten says:
Amazon.co.uk just recently cancelled all my Hyrule Historia Limited Edition preorders due to not having enough (or maybe even any) copy of it.

Hopefully my other preorder at Amazon.de won't get cancelled ...

By the way: Amazon.com currently lists a new Final Fantasy TheSky-release for summer 2013.
The 2013 release consists of the 3 artbooks (the 2 books on Amanos life/work are missing and there will be no signed artwork/card)

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:42:42 AM PST
Amazon.UK isn't getting any copies of this, so all of their pre-orders will be canceled. I also have 1 through Amazon.DE but as of now I'm not counting on them having it either.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:41:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013 11:50:35 AM PST
I hope Amazon.DE or .fr comes throught

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 6:42:51 PM PST
Just read this on a ebay listing. He's selling them for 280 each. *!Flips table!* =/

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Limited Edition Hardcover Book
ENGLISH VERSION
Limited to only 4000 prints.
I currently have 10 preordered with Amazon back in October.
Item releases on 2/12/13

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 12:57:37 PM PST
Yes, it infuriates me when something is extremely limited and Amazon lets you order as many as you want to. They should cancel 9 of his pre-orders.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 9:54:03 PM PST
Scarecrow says:
I agree Peein Elmo. I think they should have done the limited edition through a smaller company than Amazon.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 2:09:56 PM PST
Mystic says:
Yeah, they should limited stuff like this to one per order and one per credit/debit card. I am not for anyone against trying to make a quick dollar, but in my opinion, it is selfish. (I know economics--supply and demand, and get it for how much you are willing to pay for something.) This is one reason why I feel like I have to rush and get limited stuff, like pre-order if I really want to, or cannot wait until release day--some *** be trying to sell them on ebay for 4 times their value.

I got one of these pre-ordered, but I had to like drop everything I was doing and rush because not only that they sell out so fast, but you got people like that buying 20 copies to flip. Even if it was a smaller company, them flippers stay on track on all those announcements of limited stuff, it may or may not had went to more/less resellers.

I get these collector's items so I can put them in my game room one day. I am a college student in a dorm, and yeah, it takes up space, but it's better than tryign to find them on ebay for way too much, such as the Ni No Kuni Wizard's edition (which they should had canceled all but one of the orders of people who bought 200 of them if they ran out of copies for those who ordered one), and Bioshock Songbird Ediiton.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 4:43:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 4:45:03 PM PST
Skull Kid  says:
I picked up my limited edition copy from the Nintendo word store in NYC.By the time i made it home there were already 10 copies for sale on eBay, and the lowest price was 250$.Reminds me of what happened with Persona 4 -solid gold edition.Only 10,000 copies made, yet there are 40 on eBay, and 60 on Amazon still sealed.Obviously the intent of those sellers was to price gouge.Same thing with this book.i am not mad at them, i just see what they're doing so i take precautions not to miss my chance on getting these types of items at retail price.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 6:03:42 PM PST
Mystic says:
Yeah, the limited edition is going to be nice to have in my house one day for display and careful reading. I plan on having kids one day and want to flip through the book for fun, take it places, share it, and not worry about stuff, so I may get the regular edition to just casually look at whenever.

It makes me question the rarity of some of these games or items. Like let's say that for example Bioshock's Songbird Edition...let's say most people who buy it do keep it sealed and put it, and wait for years before selling. How is it ever going to really get rare? Like Earthbound rare or some game like that. Those games aren't rare because they had a limited production number and stuff, but most people opened it, enjoyed it, maybe lost their copies over time, etc. But these games today, unless they do have limited runs of 500-4000 for example worldwide, they are not going to get super rare if people always have lots of copies sealed and put online for people to buy (and maybe do the same with).

(That may not make sense, but it was just a random thought)

What I found funny though about these resellers is like what happened to the Wii U. I like reading around on forums, especially with limited stuff and new systems, and yeah, I saw some people stuck with 15 Wii U's they can no longer take back and had to sell at regular price or above it just to break even on ebay.

It is nice to have something very limited that most people do not have, but yeah, don't be selfish and hog it all up. If you want to flip, at least buy one or two copies, but not 5-20+. It feels real nice to have a little extra in your pocket and yeah, there is always people in which a game is worth $400 for, and it is their fault they bought the item and gotten taken advantage of, but still.

It was a darn shame seeing The Last of Us: Post Pandemic Edition sold out on Gamestop in les than a day (or two), then people buying and selling them on ebay for $300, only for it to come back in stock (maybe due to cancellations of imports or multiple orders), idk...I was like OUCH for them people who paid 2-3 times the price for that pre-order and cannot or either will have a hell of a time getting a refund for their pre-orders.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 11:32:00 PM PST
This eBay bologna is just as bad as ticket scalping.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:37:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2013 6:11:27 PM PST
If you hurry you can still order this through Barnes & Noble. Either call or visit your local store and give them the ISBN # (9781616551612). They're charging the full $69.99 MSRP (+$5 shipping if you're not a member). They only had about a dozen left in their system when I ordered one this morning so they'll be gone any minute.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 4:35:42 PM PST
^ I ordered a copy a few days ago and got it today. Just go to or call your local B&N.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 6:12:27 PM PST
As of last night (2/10) a couple people on another forum stated they can no longer order them. They're probably all gone now.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:23:09 PM PST
Skull Kid  says:
this doesn't make any sense.BN canceled my pre order for this weeks ago.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:32:04 PM PST
The funny thing is a lot of people had their pre-order canceled from B&N, yet they still received it, and without being charged.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 4:36:17 PM PST
Gamemaster64 says:
If people already received theirs. Is it a good chance I'm not getting one? I already sent another email to them demanding me a copy for this crap they pulled.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:07:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 1:26:06 PM PST
Dudahinten says:
Since I'm living in continental Europe, I preordered the Limited Collector's Edition at Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.fr.

Amazon.co.uk cancelled my preorder at the beginning of january.
Amazon.de cancelled my preorder around february 14th (5 days before shipping) and gave me a 5Euro-refund-code, so I could get the regular version "cheaper". (They e-mailed 5Euro-refund-codes to all people, that got their preorders cancelled. Meantime, Amazon.de rose the price of the regular version +10 Euro, so getting the regular version new (even with the 5 Euro refund) costs you at least 5 Euro more than preordering it!

My Amazon.fr preorder is still activ/running, but I doubt, that I will get any copy since Amazon.fr while ship the books on february 25th. So there's still enough time for Amazon.fr to notice, that they didn't get enough / any books needed.

Besides, has anybody here heard of that guy/girl that got 45 sealed copies of the Collector's Edition and that is selling them for $200+ ?

http://i.imgur.com/hGnn3Sc.jpg

Hard to imagine, one person got 45 of 4000 copies while hundred of other people (that even preordered simulaniously at various Amazons worldwide at the beginning of december 2012) didn't get any copy at all.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 6:32:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2013 6:38:29 AM PST
E. Morain says:
Got the email today mine got canned. Amazon oversold and gave up searching. Ordered it 8 hours before Dark Horse announced the LE was "available" here (Nov 25 11pm PST), but that doesn't matter since they were too busy giving it to scalpers it seems.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:52:20 PM PST
Dudahinten says:
My Amazon.fr preorder of the HH LCE is still active and listed, but it never got delivered and I was told, Amazon.fr doesn't know, when they'll be able to ship it.
So I quess, my Amazon.fr-preorder will never ever get fullfilled.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia by Akira Himekawa (Hardcover - January 29, 2013)
4.8 out of 5 stars (2,302)