Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 16, 2014
just got this as a quick replacement for my good backdrop holder. this item is what you pay for it very flimsy and bows in the middle and not sure how it can support any kind of cloth. if your looking for something quick and cheap this is it. not for an experienced photographer just for someone who maybe does Etsy or Pinterest and needs a background. I repeat not for experienced folks
review image
44 comments|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2015
I couldn't understand why the reviews for this product varied so grately. I decided to give it a try despite the bad reviews and I'm glad I did. I think the problem isn't with this product. I think the problem is with the user's expectations of this product. I'm a woodworker needing to take promo shots of the products I build and sell. I'm NOT a professional photographer. I don't travel around taking shots or setting up on-location shoots. I need to quickly set up my muslin backdrops and lights in a section of my garage, take the shots, tear it down and get back to making saw dust. This stand kit is perfect for my needs and I'm very pleased with it. I have no complaints for the price. Does the cross bar sag? I'm not really sure. It flexes some, but about as much as I'd expect from any aluminum bar of that length and thickness. My backdrop cloth is 6 feet wide thus I only use 3 of the 4 cross bar sections (giving me about a 7 foot bar), so maybe things are bad when the full 10 foot width is used. I buy a lot of equipment for my woodworking shop and know when to buy pro grade, consumer grade or pro-sumer grade gear and what to expect at each level. If you consider yourself a 'pro' and are needing something with pro grade features, it would be unwise of you to buy this kit and unfair of you to then complain about it when it doesn't meet your expectations. This is a consumer grade kit. It's fully functional and nothing is wrong with it. I'm satisfied with it, just don't expect a hard shell carrying case or the ability to hang 15 lbs of fabric on it. I too have one 'unfair' complaint (you see, I'm not immune), there's no place in the carrying bag to store any clamps you may have. I quickly solved this issue by freeing up the center storage pouch which normally holds the 4 cross bar sections. I stored two cross bar sections in the pouches holding each stand. I used the center pouch to store my clamps. As I'm not planning on carrying this kit around much, I'm not too concerned about the bar sections bumping against the stands.
11 comment|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2015
This made the job very easy
on November 26, 2015
Setup time is ~3mins. As a photographer, you must have this. It's not an option!

Suggestion: If you're looking to purchase a back drop, do yourself a favor and go to your local fabric store (i.e. Hobby Lobby is where I purchased mine) and pick-up a black, velvet type material to serve as your back drop. Not only does it feel good, but it looks amazing! I paid $17.

www.MatthewNewman.org
on November 20, 2013
I bought this wondering if the price was too good to be true. . it was. The bar is so "cheap" that it "dipped" down about 8 inches just from the weight of a muslin. This one is going back. It would not have lasted a week!
44 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2014
I love my new background set up! I can get it super short and super tall and Its perfect for everything I've used it for. Nice and sturdy and the price is amazing! I love that it comes in a bag and I can easily take it to a different location without losing everything
on March 29, 2014
Good quality for the affordable price. Great for someone just starting out in photography. I absolutely love it! Easy assembly.
on November 28, 2015
Just received this product. I am surprised with the quality and sturdiness. I hung a muslin which I also brought and very happy. The stand is huge, goes to my ceiling and 10ft wide. Is exactly what I was looking for. The picture is only using two poles without the extra two extension poles.
on February 26, 2016
I'm using this to hold up a backdrop for a trade show. Totally great for the price and super easy to put together. The fabric I'm using is pretty heavy and its carrying the weight pretty well. It does bow in the middle but I will only be using 3 out of 4 bars. You can definitely get the height higher than 8.5 feet. My only issue is one of the bars was a little warped to the point I couldn't put it together. With a hammer and my husbands super strength, we got it together.
on March 6, 2014
While searching for a banner stand, I came upon this item. I hoped it would work well by just looking at it and I was right, it works superbly in this regard. My banner is a horizontal 4' x 2.5' size. I use only two cross bars with clips at the top and then use ribbon to secure the lower corners. I read that this item seems a bit flimsy and I'll agree with that. I can't imagine it holding a heavy piece of muslin or cloth, but again, it works well for holding a light piece of vinyl. It's very easy to set up and no instructions were needed. The carry bag is an added bonus. The height and length are adjustable which is great for when I decide to order a larger banner.

I will post a picture soon.