5.0 out of 5 stars i now have a seeing eye dog... thanks
Published 9 months ago by Logan P

3.0 out of 5 stars One light arrived broken but I'd still purchase it again...
Published 13 months ago by SnapChronicles

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars i now have a seeing eye dog... thanks, February 20, 2014
This review is from: LimoStudio Set of Two 105 Watt, 6500 K Fluorescent Daylight Balanced Light Bulb for Photography and Video Lighting, AGG878
If you dont impale your significant other, or knock over all moms good china carrying one of these bulbs around, and manage to insert it into a socket, and your arms and wrists dont give out before you have completed the required revolutions to power this thing, then watch the F@!# out. these are the biggest brightest cfl bulbs i would imagine in our existence. I felt like i quite possibly had gotten to that same carnival game tom hanks in "Big" gave a shot, because my hands were dwarfed by the sheer mass of the things. And after I got the rigged up, I was blown away. Literally. Im allergic to light. thats not true, but the fact that these bulbs are enormous, and incredibly bright is.

The bulbs were well worth the small price tag. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. they are well made, good materials, hardy, dont explode into your face like tiny death shards of mercury and glass, and have lasted quite a long time at consistent brightness. I have lets just say put them to the test, being used in a constant light (as in 24 hours) garden ( i like to grow only vegetation native to northern alaska summers), for a time period of around 2 months now, and they still are within 45 lumens of their original output. (im a scientist, i know these things) but seriously, buy these bulbs for anything you may need a second sun for. they dont get hot to the touch, unlike those evil exploding tungsten bulbs, and they are a hell of a lot cheaper. Buy these.. I did

3.0 out of 5 stars One light arrived broken but I'd still purchase it again..., November 12, 2013
I am sure that I would be raving about these lights, if one of the lights hadn't arrived broken. Before trying it out, I thought I heard a rattling noise in the base. However, I could not replicate the sound and decided that it was in my mind. I screwed the light in and it flicker. Then it went from flickering to smoking! I turned it off quickly, but not before my smoke detector went off. I think I would have rated the light even lower, if it wasn't for Amazon's amazing customer service. I asked it I had to return both lights, or if I could just return the broken item. I was told that the seller didn't have an option for replacements, but they would credit me the cost of the lights. I would then be free to simply order another set. I was advised to simply discard the broken light.

The one light that did work was excellent. Of course, at 105-watts it was super bright! The light did have a bluish tint, but my auto white balance fixed it up right away. If anything was amiss, I am sure that I could adjust it upon import into Lightroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars great in garage, July 8, 2013
The are big. They are bright. 2 of them almost light my 30 x 25 garage. Almost. Dont get them if you are in fear of hanging too low and breaking them. Much better then my 4 way light adapter I got here on amazon...even though the wattage of 4 combined is higher this is brighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deal - bulbs are HUGE, July 21, 2014
Excellent deal - bulbs are HUGE!
Low heat / massive light - love the boxes and foam cases they came in - keep these for storing the bulbs when not in use.
However, they are 5500k and not 6500k. I called the manufacturer and they confirmed that advertisement should read 5500 k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, December 26, 2013
They are very bright, but not enough to overcome an F4 lens. Their color seems true and if my 55 watt ones are an indication then they last a good long time. Don't toss the boxes and packaging, its the best way to store the bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars So bright!, August 9, 2013
These are great for the lighting I was looking for. The bulbs themselves are huge and almost too heavy for my light stands (but that's because they are cheap.). Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent light source for portable portrait and video interviewing, April 5, 2014
Fabulous! Get a 4-bulb adapter here on Amazon and you can produce some serious, color-corrected (6500K) light kit for an umbrella light. Great for creating a portable studio. Richard N. Cote' Salon / Fashion, lingerie, and boudoir photographer, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bulbs!, May 11, 2014
These are bright and full spectrum! I have 6 and together it's way more light than I need! Although I question the wattage being that one of them was marked 85 watts and none of the others had any indication of the wattage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Bright!, April 15, 2014
Almost too bright for using with my video lighting set. Great price and it's worked well so far! Great daylight effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photo bulbs, March 25, 2014
I love working with the 105 Watt 6500K photo bulbs, they work great for review photos and last a long time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›