Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LimoStudio Photography Photo Studio 10' x 8.5' Background Stand Backdrop Support System Kit with 4PC Backdrop Holders, AGG292
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 9, 2014
So I did not purchase this to use for a photography backdrop. I purchased this to use to display product at conventions in the Artist Alley. I sell prints and posters, and needed something that I could hang my banner on along with some of the prints and posters. That being said, the items I hung from the stand are not that heavy, but I still feel that the stand was very sturdy.

Max actual height: 9 feet 3 inches
Bar length possibilities: 10ft, 7’6”, 4’11”, 2’5”
** Subtract 4 inches from all lengths if you put the rod through a banner**
Longest piece (the base element): 37 inches
Total Weight: 8 lbs (according to the shipping box)

I purchased this because I needed something to replace my current PVC pipe setup, which is heavy and difficult to manage. I found this, upon first impressions was FAR better looking that painted PVC pipe.

PROS: It’s so small and LIGHT compared to my usual PVC pipe display, and easy for one person to construct on their own. I am not a strong lady and I was easily able to hold out the entire length of the top bar while I placed it up. It comes in a great carrying case which can fit into any car. The aluminum rods are of good quality and incredibly easy to assemble. Some of the rods are very snug when they fit together, but this is a plus. As long as things are not jammed and time it taken to assemble it, it’s rather sturdy and can easily handle any paper items - banners, prints and posters.
The black coating is nice. I would be careful about scratching it, but it looks MUCH nicer than spray painted PVC.
It is pretty sturdy overall. I tried to push it over (as if someone was knocking into it really hard) and it did not fall over.

CONS:
The tighteners on the base and the support rods are made of plastic! I do not like plastic, as it can break - even good quality plastic. I would personally be afraid of these breaking, so I was careful when tightening them. Even with this I don't plan to return it.
It’s doesn't fit the 6 foot table length very well (what most conventions have). As you can see from the measurements above it’s either a foot shorter or 1.5 feet longer. It will fit an 8 foot table alright though.

Final Impression:
Would recommend!

Here are some more photos that I put on Tumblr with more measurements and close ups (sorry I can't figure out how to put them in here)

I haven't used it yet for a convention so we'll see if I need to update this if anything goes amiss.
on September 20, 2011
While the item boasts 8.5 feet tall, you can actually stretch it to 9 feet tall if you don't fold the bases all the way out. It's very lightweight, which might be an issue for heavier canvas, but for a 10' x 20' green screen it fit the bill just fine. I had been using my own PVC pipe design, which was a pain to break down and carry, and wouldn't hold much weight. Stupid me. This product is cheaper than the PVC pipe cost me. Just buy it! You can't make something even half this good on your own, so you might as well go for it. The price is awesome.
on May 29, 2014
Admittedly, I did not buy this for stand for photography purposes, as it was intended for. I purchased this stand to mount cameras above tables to record various table-top games played at a local hobby shop.

Though, I am not using for it's intended purpose, I feel that this review is still relevant as it will illustrate how durable the stand is. When it arrived, I was immediately impressed. All of the parts came in a convenient hand bag with instructions inside. The setup was extremely easy (even for one person) and only took a few minutes. The material of the stand seems to be made of a lightweight, yet sturdy aluminum. Additionally, the stand does seem to extend to the full dimensions that are advertised (10' x 8.5').

I immediately set up my stand, mounted two cameras on the top bar that runs horizontal and it worked perfectly. Despite the weight of two cameras, the stand did not topple over as some cheaper ones do and the horizontal bar did not sag or bend. I suggest setting your stand up on a solid and flat surface, otherwise you may experience problems. For those of you who are photographers reading this review, if this stand can hold two of my cameras, then you should have no problems with it holding most of your backdrops.

I only have two minor critiques about this item, which is why I rated it a 4 instead of a 5:

1. The rubber feet on the bottom of the stand do not grip very well. The rubber feet on the bottom are merely a flat, plastic cap that does not help the stand "grip" the floor for additional stability. I think that this is a minor manufacturing flaw that could easily be fixed.

2. I wish that the stand had a little more weight in the bottom of the stand where the feet fold out. Though I mentioned earlier that the stand is sturdy, it is only sturdy if it isn't touched. However, the first time that someone accidentally bumps into the stand, I feel confident that it will topple over. The reason for this is because the is no added weight at the bottom of the stand to create stability. In the future, I would love to see these manufactured with a little more weight towards the bottom to hold the stand down better.

Overall, it is a good piece of equipment and those are the only two flaws that I have noticed with the equipment. It is priced very fairly in the "Photography Backdrop Stand" market and will be a fine stand for any beginner or intermediate photographer!
on November 21, 2011
I loved this stand! I was able to assemble this in under 2 minutes by myself, with no confusion. It didn't come with instructions but it was so simple, I didn't have an issue. I have a muslin backdrop that I use and I have another plain black backdrop to put behind it and it held up nicely. I am just starting my photography and used this as a last minute indoor photo session and it worked perfectly. It definitely was worth the money.
on November 18, 2011
I received this last night and put it up right away to test. First, I really like the bag that comes with it and how well everything was packaged in it. The bag will definitely be sturdy enough to carry this backdrop stand around with me! The setup was a breeze! It's hard to judge when both sides are level or even though - there are no "measure lines" on the stands. I might make my own lines after I level it out at different heights. It seems sturdy enough too.
Great product at a great price! Thank you!
on March 5, 2013
This isn't the best background stand on the market. Yet it is a half way good stand if you are just starting out and need to save a few bucks.
on July 22, 2014
This is a great product at a great price. I love that it is easy to put up/take down and comes in a carrying case for off-site shots. Light enough to carry over your shoulder. It is expandable so you can make a small newborn backdrop, or a family backdrop.
I started using queen sized sheets as back drop fabric because there are so many cute patterns now. I use clips to hold the fabric tight to the sides of the frame.
It is a bit light-weight, if using outside make sure you use weights on the bottom so it doesn't tip over in any wind.
on October 8, 2014
Needed a backdrop stand so we could begin taking pictures for ID's at work. It is not an amazing stand, but for the price was exactly what we needed. This gets transported a few times a year at most and held up perfectly in the first round this year. We did get sandbags as it is not that sturdy on its own, but that is something I have seen with professional stands and gear so was not too concerned.
on August 20, 2014
Great for beginners but not much else. The support bar across the top is flimsy and cannot take any weight besides a drop cloth. I used a denim backdrop which slightly bowed the piece parted pole. The top pole is made up of 4 sections that interlock to form one long pole, very flimsy if fully extended. The supports seem to be ok but the tightening nuts for the bases are plastic and wont likely hold up to very long use if over tightened. The bag is pretty lame and I would recommend replacing it. Overall good for beginners but not much else. I may purchase additional poles to replace the top bar for additional support for thicker canvas backdrops.
on July 11, 2015
I don't get why the top bar can't be adjustable.. it should be able to click into a couple different sizes to make fabric tighter or looser..
Otherwise it worked pretty well, lightweight but because of that if you pull on one end the other moves with it..