Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 30, 2013
I must say that for the price, I wasn't expecting a "whole" lot, but when it arrived, everything was just as pictured. Sure, there aren't any instructions, but anyone with a little technical know-how can easily assemble it in under 10 minutes.

I use a software package called GreenScreen Wizard which will absolutely, perfectly REMOVE the background and replace with whatever JPG/TIF/PNG file that you want to appear behind your subject, FLAWLESSLY. No messing around with Photoshop; Take a photo of your subject on the green screen, run the software, click twice, and you have studio-quality portraits.

A++++
22 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
Just came in and immediately I unboxed everything. I set it up and started shooting right away with a few test subjects and then my children. This set is great and I have no negative feedback for it. Exactly what I expected, the muslin backdrops are very wide and big. I like that, very useful!
on March 12, 2013
The purpose of my review is to hopefully hit the target points i felt i wanted to read while i was shopping around for this product myself. I purchased this kit last Wednesday and got it in this Tuesday afternoon. I inspected the equipment and set it up just to feel it out and make sure everything was there and in working order. For the price i feel its a good quality kit and can't wait to use it. The plastic parts are pretty thick. I'm not gonna lie, some of the knobs seem like they could break, but at the same time i'm thinking handle and care. (ever seen the can openers at Walmart or home goods, Ross, big lots, the ones that are like 5-8 bucks? i mean Ikea sells products like that too... just to give you an idea of quality.) i like the weight of the light stands. the light bulbs are bigger the i expected, kinda freaked for a second, i was expecting something the size of a regular light bulb? don't ask me why. i only turned one on, it was pretty bright. pretty bright. kinda had a faint blue hue to it. still. the stands for the backdrop on the other hand had a slightly lighter weight, i guess i was just expecting something of the same volume as the light stand, still once i put together three of the bars together, i did feel like the center was sturdy. Yes both sets of stands do pull up pretty high as indicated. I would recommend sand bags of some sort mainly for the background stands but that's just a suggestion. The quality of the muslin are decent. The only bag this comes with is the one shown in the picture for the background stand, again if you plan on moving this around, i would consider an additional carrying bag of some sort or a tub at least 3-4 ft long to fit everything in it. OVER ALL I'M PRETTY EXCITED WITH THIS PURCHASE AND FEEL FAIRLY CONFIDENT ABOUT IT. I'M NOT GONNA LIE.

Now the ONLY ONE REALLY issue: there is a problem with one of the Single Bulb Holder Sockets, when i tightened the knob to secure the stick-handle of the umbrella, the center starts to split. i did try to secure the screw with a tiny Philips screwdriver and tried to set the umbrella stick through again, but it began to split again. The other Single Bulb Holder Socket doesn't do that at all. I REALLY DO FEEL DISAPPOINTED with this piece and hope it can be replaced. i sent and email to the seller and hope to start using this kit as soon as possible. (there was a business card in the box with a email for this sort of issue which at least i felt like i wouldn't have to find myself going through a chain of command to get a response.) i'm not saying this is gonna be the case with all shipments and i get that this sort of thing can happen from time to time, i'm not trying to be negative because i'm sure that i will have this resolved in a timely manner and have a good experience.
review image review image
on December 25, 2012
This was very simple to set up, sturdy, all products were as expected. Great for a beginner photographer, used for Christmas family photos and it was very easy to put up and take down... Turned my dining room into a studio in minutes!
on July 21, 2015
Good solution for the price, lightweight construction (as such not that stable), good size, great value, everything is included.
Note: The backdrops are tightly packed and will need to be ironed before used. Very easy to setup!
Here is a video of what is included in the box: https://youtu.be/hrmX4ekXuQk
review image
on May 29, 2014
The muslin is nothing more than a sheet. Its seems like it should be a little thicker than it is. the rest of the kits is fine and easy to set up.

Update: I had to changed my rating to a 3. The muslin really annoys me. Its very hard to Iron. I've tried to put it in the dryer, to smooth out the factory wrinkles before I ironed and was still difficult to get the wrinkles out. I ended up getting seamless background paper from Adorama and Savage and they work perfectly on this stand.

The umbrellas are great, and hold up well. Theyve fallen a few times and i thought i broke them. but they were fine. My complaint is just with the muslin. I suggest getting just the frame and umbrellas.
review image
on February 3, 2013
I had no problems with any of the product, the lights are bright. I wanted more than two lights so I ordered more. The backdrops are really big. They need to be pressed. I really like it!
on January 31, 2013
This is a really good deal. I was worried that it would be terrible and very cheap with this price. But I'm really more than happy! I'm an outdoor photographer who uses natural light, but I've always wanted to do indoor things with lights and backdrops. I'm so excited!
on May 8, 2016
Home Users: Measure your space carefully, with the stands it's about 12 feet wide at it's fullest, you might want the 7 foot set..
After reading the other reviews, I was a unsure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. To start: open the package carefully according to the sticker on the box. The fabric is on top, right next to the box seam, you will cut it if you do not follow the directions. The fabric is medium weight, self lined and serged around the edges. Next: plan on washing (mine had an unpleasant smell and shed fuzz) and ironing before use. USE A PRESS CLOTH WHEN IRONING. I washed mine separately in 1/2 cup borax, 1/2 cup baking soda, no soap on COLD DELICATE. Dissolve the powders in hot water first then add to washer, turn on cold water and add fabric when water is about a quarter full. Tumble dry on the NO HEAT setting. The umbrella's are good quality, save the plastic covers for storage. The stands are sturdy enough for the job and light enough to carry around. Do not overtighten the wings nuts or plastic thumb screw, they are hand tighten only. The lights are good quality and did not emit the heat other photographic lights do, they are enormous and delicate, however, so keep the original packaging to store. The case to carry the backdrop stand has handles and Velcro closures. Keep the boxes for the light stands and light heads for storage. For storing the backdrop cloths, I got large cardboard round bolt inserts from the fabric store and rolled them up to save ironing. Using a steamer for touchups before adding the clamps works well for light wrinkling. You can take out one "leg" of the cross bar and make it a 7 foot wide background, using the clamps to take up the extra fabric. I may just get extra backdrops in the 7 foot width to interchange them.
on March 19, 2014
I have wanted a professional photography studio and this one fits the bill. I transport it to client's homes and it is an easy setup. There weren't any instructions but it didn't take rocket science. The lighting is perfect. I wish the tripods for the lights came with a bag like the backdrop frames. Other than that, great product. I love it and it has improved my confidence and picture quality.