4.0 out of 5 stars Great value. Works well
Published 14 months ago by J. Donaho

2.0 out of 5 stars LimoStudio
The lights are not that bright. The Velcro start to come apart the sewn portion. Not the best, but it is ok for a start kit.
Published 3 months ago by Jorge A. Altamirano

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value. Works well, June 26, 2013
This review is from: LimoStudio Photography Photo Studio 30 Inch Light Tent Kit, 1 x 30" x 30" Table Top Light Tent, 2 x 45 Watt 6500K Daylight Fluorescent Light Kit, 4 x Backgrounds - White Black Blue Red, AGG379 (Camera)
I was shopping for a photo tent light set when I found this kit on Amazon. The price was great. This is a 30" tent which can accommodate large objects. I was impressed with the shipping box. Everything was well packed and protected. The kit includes the 30" collapsible tent with case, two light stands with 45 watt 8K bulbs, insert backgrounds for the tent in blue, black, red and white. Setup is easy. The tent unfolds. The light stands are well built and of heavier construction than I expected. If you are clumsy, have kids, cats or other pets with access to the photo tent area use caution around the lights. They are top heavy when the lamps are installed. The lamps project well beyond the protection of the lamp holder so can be broken easily if the stand falls over.

The only complaint I have about using this kit is that two lights isn't enough. It's hard to get enough lumens from 45W lamps. Larger lamps could be used, but heat becomes a problem and there could be a fire hazard. When LED lamps become strong enough and cheap enough they would be a great option. With that being said, the pictures I achieved using the two lamps were very successful. I was pleased with the results.

The directions that come with the kit attempt to describe the folding process for the tent. I could not get the tent to fold using those directions. There is an excellent YouTube video that makes folding the tent a very simple 5 second procedure.

Overall, this kit is a great value for anyone requiring a good portable studio.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lighting for my purposes, March 25, 2013
Pros- great lighting, fast delivery, extra backdrop options (different colors), easy setup. nice travel case.
Cons-one of my white backdrops had a big stain on it, maybe they noticed because they included and extra white backdrop so that helped the problem.

Another thing, the backdrops come folded and are extremely wrinkled which comes out in my pictures. I'm not sure what to do, if I should iron it or put in the dryer for a few minutes. It's not regular fabric and I don't want it to melt.

I have to do a lot of Photoshop work to make the wrinkles disappear in my photos :(

Other than the wrinkles, im very satisfied with the product, it's much larger than i expected which is always a plus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product just need to iron, March 7, 2013
The product is good and it does what I needed it for (ebay photography). The only thing that was a pain was I had to iron all the backgrounds so that they didn't have so many creases. It the fabric was rolled instead of folded it would avoid the creases. Other than that great product and would recommend to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality light tent, January 17, 2014
Wayne G. Gifford (Fairhaven, Ma USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Limo Studio light Tent as a shared Christmas gift. Given how long and dreary winters can get in the northeast, I figured this would keep the creative juices flowing when the weather wouldn't cooperate with outdoor photography. Upon prepping everything, one of the light bulbs did not work. I sent it back only find out Amazon could not just request a new bulb, but had to return the whole tent, which I did not. Through the confusion, I purchased four new bulbs and received an Amazon credit. Fair enough. The tent works great, set up was easy, but figuring out how to fold the tent back up took a few tries. The tent will be great for flower macros, food photography, selling things on eBay and anything else that might pique ones' interest. It didn't come with a camera stand but that was O.K.. I've been using my tripod. The light stands are great. Overall, it's a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small scale photography, February 18, 2014
The tent is large enough to fit anything I needed to photograph. The two lights are really well made, much more stable than I expected. You need to steam it all before photographing things but you'd need to do that regardless, The material responds well to a hand held steamer. I got all the photos for my web business done quickly and looking almost professional with this set up. The vendor packed it well, shipped quickly and it was exactly as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING LIGHTING KIT!!, January 21, 2014
I can't believe how affordable this kit is, vs what you actually get. The light box is massive! Big enough for the car parts I photograph, heck, it's big enough to fit my dog inside of it LOL! The lights are very bright , and very sturdy. I am totally impressed with this kit for the money.

I was able to get results like this, on my first time using this lighting kit:

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value!, March 18, 2013
Walter I. (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
Item came as advertised.Great Package that includes two lights with bulbs. Includes several color options. Well packaged, arrived on time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product!!, May 30, 2013
The product looks good quality, all parts arrived neatly packed, the shipping was fast. The only bad thing are the wrinkles on the backdrops. The lighting of lamps is pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, June 19, 2014
The best deal for the money it just takes a little work to set it up as no instructions. Little flimsy but I like it for personal use its cheap but good enough!

1.0 out of 5 stars bad light for food fotos, June 12, 2014
I bought it to make food fotos for my restaurant, but I can not use it, because the light has a yellow stain so all the food looks yellow!!!!! good that I also got the eiko ECT lamps who works fine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›