Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 26, 2013
I was shopping for a photo tent light set when I found this kit on Amazon. The price was great. This is a 30" tent which can accommodate large objects. I was impressed with the shipping box. Everything was well packed and protected. The kit includes the 30" collapsible tent with case, two light stands with 45 watt 8K bulbs, insert backgrounds for the tent in blue, black, red and white. Setup is easy. The tent unfolds. The light stands are well built and of heavier construction than I expected. If you are clumsy, have kids, cats or other pets with access to the photo tent area use caution around the lights. They are top heavy when the lamps are installed. The lamps project well beyond the protection of the lamp holder so can be broken easily if the stand falls over.

The only complaint I have about using this kit is that two lights isn't enough. It's hard to get enough lumens from 45W lamps. Larger lamps could be used, but heat becomes a problem and there could be a fire hazard. When LED lamps become strong enough and cheap enough they would be a great option. With that being said, the pictures I achieved using the two lamps were very successful. I was pleased with the results.

The directions that come with the kit attempt to describe the folding process for the tent. I could not get the tent to fold using those directions. There is an excellent YouTube video that makes folding the tent a very simple 5 second procedure.

Overall, this kit is a great value for anyone requiring a good portable studio.
on February 18, 2014
The tent is large enough to fit anything I needed to photograph. The two lights are really well made, much more stable than I expected. You need to steam it all before photographing things but you'd need to do that regardless, The material responds well to a hand held steamer. I got all the photos for my web business done quickly and looking almost professional with this set up. The vendor packed it well, shipped quickly and it was exactly as described.
on March 25, 2013
Pros- great lighting, fast delivery, extra backdrop options (different colors), easy setup. nice travel case.
Cons-one of my white backdrops had a big stain on it, maybe they noticed because they included and extra white backdrop so that helped the problem.

Another thing, the backdrops come folded and are extremely wrinkled which comes out in my pictures. I'm not sure what to do, if I should iron it or put in the dryer for a few minutes. It's not regular fabric and I don't want it to melt.

I have to do a lot of Photoshop work to make the wrinkles disappear in my photos :(

Other than the wrinkles, im very satisfied with the product, it's much larger than i expected which is always a plus.
on March 7, 2013
The product is good and it does what I needed it for (ebay photography). The only thing that was a pain was I had to iron all the backgrounds so that they didn't have so many creases. It the fabric was rolled instead of folded it would avoid the creases. Other than that great product and would recommend to others.
on January 17, 2014
I purchased the Limo Studio light Tent as a shared Christmas gift. Given how long and dreary winters can get in the northeast, I figured this would keep the creative juices flowing when the weather wouldn't cooperate with outdoor photography. Upon prepping everything, one of the light bulbs did not work. I sent it back only find out Amazon could not just request a new bulb, but had to return the whole tent, which I did not. Through the confusion, I purchased four new bulbs and received an Amazon credit. Fair enough. The tent works great, set up was easy, but figuring out how to fold the tent back up took a few tries. The tent will be great for flower macros, food photography, selling things on eBay and anything else that might pique ones' interest. It didn't come with a camera stand but that was O.K.. I've been using my tripod. The light stands are great. Overall, it's a great product!
on January 24, 2016
I needed a light studio to take pictures for selling my art on Etsy to provide a consistent backdrop for my shop.

Pros:
This is a great size for using on my tabletop.
Love that there are different backdrop colors - but I primarily use only the white.
Collapsible to store underneath the bed and only get it out when needed.
Nice even diffused lighting provided.

Cons:
Buyer beware ... these lights tip over SUPER easily. The bulbs are way to heavy for the construction of the lamps. Even bumping the cord can cause the lamp to tip and the bulb to shatter. I had one lamp to tip and the bulb broke away from it's base but didn't shatter luckily. I would never use these where children might be present.

If you can be very diligent about using extra caution with the lamps, then the photo studio is worth it. If you are a klutz - buy another one or plan to replace the bulbs with a smaller, lighter weight option.
on April 21, 2014
This is a great value for what you get. The light stands are actually really well made and can handle some pretty intense bulbs. The bulbs they sent you are HUGE and as you can see from the photo, extend beyond the length of the reflector. Within 30 mins of setting up everything, I knocked over a stand and my bulb broke. I then went out and bought some 250W bulbs (at $4 each) and they're MUCH brighter than the ones they send you. I also ended up buying another light stand and reflector so I could have overhead light, but for the price, this is a really good product.
on October 12, 2014
After my initial shock at the size (I'm used to metric and didn't realize just how big 30" really is) I've briefly tried it out and am pleasantly impressed. Jewellery is notoriously difficult to photograph due to glare, and chainmaille is honestly a bit of a nightmare. This works very nicely, and lets me show true colours. BUT ---- have fun folding the lightbox. The best thing I can recommend is save yourself some grief and go straight to this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkMGUFPz4I - and do NOT have an elderly relative trying to "help".
on June 5, 2015
I really like this product. The tent is huge! I did not try with the lights yet, only because I accidentally broke my bulbs (they are quite fragile) and had to get new ones, but an assignment in school was due before I could get them here. But, I took it outside for some natural light and used a tripod and low shutter speed, and it worked out quite well. SO, be careful of jerking your lights around. I know I have to rig a better system of extension cords up so that there is no chance they tip over. The bulbs stick out, so can easily break. I now have four good ones, not too expensive at all as I had expected (but haven't had chance to use yet).You can iron these backgrounds on cotton setting and it goes smoothly and quickly.
on March 29, 2015
This does the trick and it's big enough that I can take pictures of smaller objects that I sew. I wish that it had instructions on how to best use it, and also the velcro to hang the backdrops really isn't placed correctly (unless I'm doing it wrong) for the backdrops to lay flat properly when photographing. The backdrops do get wrinkly- especially the white- from the packaging. I couldn't really get the white to dewrinkle with my steam cleaner so I may need to try an iron... just afraid to iron these. The others dewrinkled with the steam cleaner no problem. I hung them up on my wall so they won't get wrinkled again... it would be helpful if they had a hook to hang them with. I used mitten clips and hooks to hang mine.

Regardless of the drawbacks, I felt this set was really great for the price.