Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 questions
votes
votes
Naturally the precise answer depends on what exactly you are shooting. For me , shooting tight portraits, at most to the waist, the round is the optimal shape because the oval just has some extraneous , unusable reflection space. Th larger is the best deal because from the same distance from the subject you can reflect the same amount of light over a greater area. Conversely, to cover the same amount of subject the smaller reflector must be moved further away which means the reflected light is less strong. Plus, since your projection of professionalism to the sitter will be enhanced by the larger reflector there is a double benefit. If we were talking umbrellas, I would give you the opposite opinion because the larger umbrella, although visually impressive, throws the light like a wide angle lens: a weaker light over a bigger area with lots of wasted light.
Dec 30, 2014 by Jeff Botz
votes
Neither are truly reflectors in the sense. The black is a "flag", used to cut reflecting ambient light down. Some light comes back yet, but much less. It is most useful to create enhanced shadows in brighter rooms. The translucent part is actually a diffuser, used to soften natural light.i would recommend it being used if taking photos in a harsh midday sun or something similar. Hopefully this helps clear up the mystery a bit.
Dec 15, 2013 by Amazon Customer
votes
It takes a few tries to get the hang of it, but you hold the edge with both your hands spaced evenly on the otter edge and twist and make it into a figure 8, then fold the two circles over each other and slide it into the case.
Dec 12, 2013 by SharaV
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers